wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<4546474849>»
Coronavirus
Bigchick
#921 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 10:50:21 AM

murchr wrote:
Why are we taking the US numbers as a weekness? The number just shows the capacity to test patients. The numbers also show that the majority of the patients are in NY and NJ. The 2 cities are major tourist destinations for Chinese and secondly their use of mass transportation accelerated the community spread. They are not struggling but overwhelmed. Also, the US donated most of its PPE to China in February, if only they knew what they know now.

Another thing, if you believe the Chinese numbers you are easily fooled. How countries handle wave 2 will determine everything

Did anybody say or suggest America is weak?No they are not.Its just that they are the mighty America and this was not expected to happen to them.

What is the difference between struggling and being overwhelmed?

What are the actual/near actual numbers in China and why do you believe they lied?How big are the margins of lies?

Looks like you have started your journey towards being a Doomsday Prophet.Now we have a wave 2 to come?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Shak
#922 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 11:46:42 AM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
Why are we taking the US numbers as a weekness? The number just shows the capacity to test patients. The numbers also show that the majority of the patients are in NY and NJ. The 2 cities are major tourist destinations for Chinese and secondly their use of mass transportation accelerated the community spread. They are not struggling but overwhelmed. Also, the US donated most of its PPE to China in February, if only they knew what they know now.

Another thing, if you believe the Chinese numbers you are easily fooled. How countries handle wave 2 will determine everything

Did anybody say or suggest America is weak?No they are not.Its just that they are the mighty America and this was not expected to happen to them.

What are the actual/near actual numbers in China and why do you believe they lied?How big are the margins of lies?

Looks like you have started your journey towards being a Doomsday Prophet.Now we have a wave 2 to come?

The way America is handling this crisis shows that they are indeed weak. While the numbers from China may not be accurate, a look at the way they're religiously adhering to quarantine, self isolation and disinfection is something to be admired. They're even using technology to track people who have been exposed and denying them entry into public spaces. Meanwhile China is supplying ventilators to America and Europe. Germany, Taiwan, South Korea are also models to be emulated. America has been badly exposed.
masukuma
#923 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 12:21:02 PM

My question still remains... WHAT DOES STREET DISINFECTIONS HELP WITH? Is it informed by any science?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#924 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 12:33:23 PM

mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:
3. If 25% of the infected population can be asymptomatic, and patients come and die en mass, then we need a mass treatment of the entire population and close support for emergent symptomatic cases.

As such, I recommend that instead of mass testing, and mass lockdown, we think of mass treatment exercises that can go round the country severally, and within time spans as short as 2 weeks.

Such an approach that integrates what we have so far, is sure to flatten the curve perhaps beyond our imagination, and will set a good pace and context for the controlled herd immunization.

Yes . The government should abandon mass testing and focus on home treatments. They should invest on motorcycles with nurses or skilled volunteers who will go round delivering chloroquine and other essential meds. Mass quarantine facilities are just a breeding ground of more servere strains of the virus. Care should be taken at home even for the most servere cases. This is Africa. We don't have to follow the west.

Indeed. I have also developed a preventive kit that should also be interactive, for use in households. This is meant especially for the vulnerable groups who may already be under other medication.
tycho
#925 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:32:01 PM

limanika
#926 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:37:46 PM

masukuma wrote:
My question still remains... WHAT DOES STREET DISINFECTIONS HELP WITH? Is it informed by any science?

Some of it looks like taking an advantage to seal loopholes the Kenyan way...wait to hear how much money was spent
mpobiz
#927 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:41:04 PM

Shak wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

The way America is handling this crisis shows that they are indeed weak. While the numbers from China may not be accurate, a look at the way they're religiously adhering to quarantine, self isolation and disinfection is something to be admired. They're even using technology to track people who have been exposed and denying them entry into public spaces. Meanwhile China is supplying ventilators to America and Europe. Germany, Taiwan, South Korea are also models to be emulated. America has been badly exposed.

You are also forgetting that what is happening is what even scientists call an act of God. Is America weak because it is at war with the will of God? Trump is even considering opening churches for Easter.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Spikes
#928 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 1:47:54 PM

murchr wrote:

When is wave 2 hitting the world? Is wave 2 projected more devastating than the current situation?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Dahatre
#929 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:21:58 PM

sqft wrote:
Why the double standards in coverage of pandemics?

How the BBC is covering coronavirus in the the UK. No images of patients.

How the BBC covered ebola in Africa. The suffering and nakedness of dying african patients had to be beamed all over the world.

No double standard...It's dehumanization. To take people's resources you must first deny their humanity...then no guilt will be attached to your acts of cruelty. It's an age old tool of capitalism, that has been refined by the west.
mpobiz
#930 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:32:20 PM

tycho wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:
3. If 25% of the infected population can be asymptomatic, and patients come and die en mass, then we need a mass treatment of the entire population and close support for emergent symptomatic cases.

As such, I recommend that instead of mass testing, and mass lockdown, we think of mass treatment exercises that can go round the country severally, and within time spans as short as 2 weeks.

Such an approach that integrates what we have so far, is sure to flatten the curve perhaps beyond our imagination, and will set a good pace and context for the controlled herd immunization.

Yes . The government should abandon mass testing and focus on home treatments. They should invest on motorcycles with nurses or skilled volunteers who will go round delivering chloroquine and other essential meds. Mass quarantine facilities are just a breeding ground of more servere strains of the virus. Care should be taken at home even for the most servere cases. This is Africa. We don't have to follow the west.

Indeed. I have also developed a preventive kit that should also be interactive, for use in households. This is meant especially for the vulnerable groups who may already be under other medication.

This is the kind of home grown solutions that we must take into consideration after all we have nothing to loose.
Have you presented your proposal to anyone in MOH? We need to encourage ideas
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Dahatre
#931 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:32:36 PM

masukuma
#932 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 2:46:52 PM

Spikes wrote:
murchr wrote:

When is wave 2 hitting the world? Is wave 2 projected more devastating than the current situation?

I actually don't think we will be able to finally get rid of this thing. there will be pockets of the world where it will be living especially countries with weak governments and so travel in the Post Covid time will be rather regulated. Expect 14 day mandatory quarantines being part of travels going forward. this may mean - no short trips abroad.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#933 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:47:18 PM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

I will help you try to answer yourself with questions.

First let me give you a scenario. Its christmas/holiday time in busy Wuhan City of China. 11million people are busy living their life during the winter of 2019. It is common that during winter respiratory deceases/alergies/flu/common cold are a norm. Actually when one coughs no one cares, its just a cough. Then massive numbers of people start appearing in hospitals...the doctors through their "whatsapp group"(just for drama purposes Whatsapp is not used in China) start discussing of how people from a certain part or town are having symptoms and dropping dead...they inform the govt who ignore them (they all died by the way)...then people continue to go to work etc and the thing spreads and spreads...by the time the national govt takes note, morgues are ordering urns by the 5000s. Then they impose a lockdown after enough cries from Wuhan residents who believe the local (Kanju just like Sonko's govt) doesnt care about them and the National govt takes over. They begin counting those in hospitals. That is dec 31...Those who died prior to that are ignored. Morgues are asked to work 19hrs a day as the rest of the country goes home. Rich wuhan residents have taken their trips europe, to US, some to australia...after all, they want to chop that money, Chinese NY is around the corner. By the way, Americans were waiting for it, Trump may not have believed that the disease was real but Governors knew it would come...PS they kept saying Ebola got to America why not Corona. Subsequent messages here are referring US as weak

1. So given the authoritarian tendencies of China govt ... give us your rough estimate by 31 Dec? Even as late as Jan11 - 17 Wuhan authorities were reporting that there are no new cases...do you believe that? . Compare Wuhan, to Nairobi...what do you think? By the way, according to the websites China reported the first case in Jan 10

2. Struggling = Cannot get tests and people are dropping dead in the streets. Overwhelmed - The number of those termed to be sick is too high such that the govt has to increase capacity eg build a hospital but the sick will still get treatment. If the disease spread to Africa in the same way it did in NY you would understand what struggling means.

3. Be ready for wave 2. China is reporting that those who recovered are getting the disease back. More importantly, Australia will serve as an example as they will be getting to winter soon.

Highlights to expect in US this week....its going to be TOUGH with more people dying - you may ask why are so many dying- lifestyle diseases...a majority of those dying have pre existing conditions esp diabetes which is chronic in the US.

Given what scientist from elsewhere in the world now know transmission rate, the ability for the diseased droplets to be aerosol, the incubation period, and the fact that it takes roughly 2-14 days for symptoms to manifest to chronic, then there's so much that China lied about.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#934 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:52:13 PM

masukuma wrote:

The thing can survive on hard surfaces for days. So disinfecting poles and spots that people frequently touch is advised. Just make sure your car is not packed outside if they are using chlorine like substances.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tycho
#935 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:10:38 PM

mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:

This is the kind of home grown solutions that we must take into consideration after all we have nothing to loose.
Have you presented your proposal to anyone in MOH? We need to encourage ideas

An ideal situation would be to roll out a research project to test whether the usage of the proposed kit (and its treatment algorithm) is effective in the overall reduction of harsher symptoms of Covid-19, and aids in the building of personal immunity against the SARS-CoV-2 virus. An ideal population sample would be well facilitated by the government and ministry of health.

However I am skeptical of any reasonable collaboration with the MOH. It is very easy for one to waste time and precious resources talking to people in office (right now, going out means higher odds of death). I have a bit of experience with them regarding a self funded research program that was disrupted. Therefore I intend to run the project to independently and to distribute my product as a private citizen and social-enterpreneur.

My only hope is the collaboration of other independent scientists and the public to help 'me' develop a superior defence against this virus. I will soon be publishing a paper to establish the scientific rationale of the prevention kit, and will also use the interactive part as the domain for testing and analysis.

Otherwise, the products and procedures involved are already established practice, and ethical considerations are optimized. I believe I will be acting within the law by developing, and distributing the product.
aemathenge
#936 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 5:48:50 PM

tycho wrote:
However I am skeptical of any reasonable collaboration with the MOH.

It is very easy for one to waste time and precious resources talking to people in office.

I die.
madollar
#937 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:33:24 PM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

Being overwhelmed is an understatement the domino effect will be felt everywhere for so long americans have always felt "safe" ,trump is still talking about the "best" doctors,researchers, institutions etc but kwa ground vitu ni different

'A perfect storm': US facing hunger crisis as demand for food banks soars

Food banks are reporting unprecedented demand across the US as millions lose jobs, investigation shows
limanika
#938 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:51:50 PM

The west led by Trump and UK as well as WHO has flopped big time on this. This is the time you wish someone like Obama was still president
madollar
#939 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 6:55:20 PM

Do they have the personnel to enforce this can they do it without coordination of the national GAVA

North Rift residents working in Nairobi who wish to travel to the region will be forced to go on a 14-day quarantine in a designated facility.

This follows a decision by governors from the region to bar outsiders from travelling there even during the Easter holiday.
murchr
#940 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2020 7:02:33 PM

madollar wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

Being overwhelmed is an understatement the domino effect will be felt everywhere for so long americans have always felt "safe" ,trump is still talking about the "best" doctors,researchers, institutions etc but kwa ground vitu ni different

'A perfect storm': US facing hunger crisis as demand for food banks soars

Food banks are reporting unprecedented demand across the US as millions lose jobs, investigation shows

Hunger in the US is not as you imagine.