wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<4344454647>»
Coronavirus
limanika
#881 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:14:22 AM

I hope govt has an end game for all this and not just acting blindly.
The target should be for schools to reopen come 1st May.

Since we are at the start of April, an immediate 2-week lock down of all known hot spots and/or tracing and quarantining all who have come into contact with victims makes sense. Then you have 2 more weeks to review before schools reopen.
FRM2011
#882 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:28:25 AM

limanika wrote:

Since we are at the start of April, an immediate 2-week lock down of all known hot spots and/or tracing and quarantining all who have come into contact with victims makes sense. Then you have 2 more weeks to review before schools reopen.

Lockdown as a strategy ? Experts are talking of between 60-180 days !!!! Scary stuff.

https://www.bloomberg.co...take?srnd=premium-africa
Julie
#883 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:51:17 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Forgive my stupid question.....

Counties are busy disinfecting streets and markets at night yet we are told the virus is not airborne.

So why the disinfecting......

My question is what disinfectant are they using.
If its chlorine based, then expect metal surfaces to corrode with time. Woo unto you if your car is parked anywhere this exercise is being done....
tycho
#884 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 10:58:58 AM

murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:
The CAS mentioned that some people are hording oxygen tanks...who would do that and for what?

We can say a capitalist with rational expectations of a highly peaked normal. So by hoarding he can supply the commodity at the most pressing time.

But I visualize the possibility of a positively tailed near flat. Once the stats coming in and our measures are fruitful, then oxygen will be abundant.

Who are the suppliers?

@Murchr, I have tried to work out an answer to your question, and despite beginning with protests of 'insufficient data' I have concluded that it's highly probable that the cylinders are presently safe outside the country, courtesy of foreign agents. You think it's hoarding because normal supply chain was used to get them.

My method of analysis was limited due to lack of data and a proper knowledge of the supply chain. Therefore I wanted to give up. But we could start from semiotics and presently known facts to create a hypothesis. That's what I have done.

Anyway, there's still no problem even if our ventilators won't work. If we start our measures early, then we can do with EEGs and normal computers. Most of the equipment we need are here locally and no one needs them at the moment.
sqft
#885 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 11:06:27 AM

Australian Prime Minister has ordered everyone on student or visitor visa to go home
He said 'Australia must focus on its citizens and its residents' amid corona crisis

https://www.google.com/a...-crisis-intensifies.html
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
tycho
#886 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 11:14:53 AM

@Mpobiz, there are several methods that can be used to disinfect the nose. A strong measure would be to use an Indian method called 'dhauti' where water is made to flow from one nostril through the other and out. This will require training for care givers.

It may be possible to use a nasal spray. I am not sure about the idea of a swab or cloth due to increased probability of handling the virus and perhaps spreading it.

As for the contents, we can start with saline solution. I am not sure about the molarity, that's why we may need to have the unity of voice and standardization.

Even for the eucalyptus, we need to consult with the wazees who have been doing it in order to develop an optimal product.
tycho
#887 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 11:29:47 AM

limanika wrote:

What you want, a 2 weeker, may be possible if we get rid of the virus completely, or we have domesticated the virus. And for the latter, two weeks is a short time. Maybe 4 weeks, and we can be ready to go to school.

As for the strategy, that's the Utamaduni way. I hear the other side is insisting on a lock down. I can't speak for them.
mpobiz
#888 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:01:27 PM

Julie wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
https://youtu.be/_PqmgzDZB3g

Most governments are opting for herd suicides. This disease will end up causing more harm to the economy that will hurt generations to come. We don't have to loose everything. The government should open our economy again but we mentain basic hygiene or even force us to wear masks.

@tyco shed more light on the disinfecting the nose and throat. What is used or how do we go about it.

How about soaking cotton wool with your favourite whisky brand and sniffing for about 5 minutes every 3 hours.
It will get you high, and mucus membranes will get quite some dose of alcohol

Caution: I am not a doctor, take my advice at your own risk!!

I have seen @Tyco methods and just like yours i find them impossible to do. I find that in the same way women and girls are advised not to thoroughly wash their sehemu nyeti, you shouldn't create the same chemical and biological imbalances in your nose and throat.
The most worrying fact is that the economic disruptions and the levels of poverty that will be accelerated by the useless lockdowns and curfews. Will cause more suffering and deaths than the corona in the next 10 years.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
tycho
#889 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:11:55 PM

mpobiz wrote:
Julie wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
https://youtu.be/_PqmgzDZB3g

Most governments are opting for herd suicides. This disease will end up causing more harm to the economy that will hurt generations to come. We don't have to loose everything. The government should open our economy again but we mentain basic hygiene or even force us to wear masks.

@tyco shed more light on the disinfecting the nose and throat. What is used or how do we go about it.

How about soaking cotton wool with your favourite whisky brand and sniffing for about 5 minutes every 3 hours.
It will get you high, and mucus membranes will get quite some dose of alcohol

Caution: I am not a doctor, take my advice at your own risk!!

I have seen @Tyco methods and just like yours i find them impossible to do. I find that in the same way women and girls are advised not to thoroughly wash their sehemu nyeti, you shouldn't create the same chemical and biological imbalances in your nose and throat.
The most worrying fact is that the economic disruptions and the levels of poverty that will be accelerated by the useless lockdowns and curfews. Will cause more suffering and deaths than the corona in the next 10 years.

Many times you take medicine, you disrupt something in your system. So even the methods that have been used - dhauti, for example is an Indian traditional practice that even the English found- and have high efficacy; also may have side effects.

Gurgling the throat is a common practice especially in cases of tonsillitis and I suspect that most of us have done it.

If you consider the timeline of the virus, you may find we may have to do it even once or twice a week. And we have two weeks to fight for each of us.

I know the methods may sound difficult, but they may be necessary.
limanika
#890 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:32:15 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
[quote=limanika]I hope govt has an end game for all this and not just acting blindly.

Lockdown as a strategy ? Experts are talking of between 60-180 days !!!! Scary stuff.

https://www.bloomberg.co...ake?srnd=premium-africa[/quote]
Since we do not have global coordination efforts, it may take 6-12 months for all countries to get back on their feet. But so long as there is one country out there with cases, does it mean life stops everywhere else? We are at a place where its still possible to trace all existing cases in Kenya, and enforce mandatory quarantine for all arrivals. If we can do that within next 4 weeks, I can't see why life can't go back to normal
tycho
#891 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:38:12 PM

Correction please: 'Dhauti' is for the digestive tract. The method I am talking about is 'Jala neti'.

Quoting Swami Satyananda Sarawasti:

Quote:

If the nose is blocked, or if the mucus
membranes are profusely covered in impuri-
ties, then the nose cannot perform its duties
effectively. In fact if the nose is completely
blocked, then one is forced to breathe through
the mouth. And we have already explained the
disadvantages of this process. This is the
reason why we blow our noses: to remove
these impurities and to allow the nose to
operate efficiently. However, the normal nose
blowing does not remove all impurities. In-
grained, dry mucus can remain. This is one of
the reasons that the practice of neti was
developed: to ensure the best possible cleaning
of the nose.
There are other reasons for the use of neti
such as the stimulation of various nerve
endings in the nose; this leads to improvement
in the brain and organs to which these nerves
connect and also helps in the stimulation of
ajna chakra, the midbrain psychic centre.

This excerpt found in 'Yoga and Kriya' has an extensive explanation of the importance of the nose and proceeds to illustrate the preparation of the saline water and the positioning during this procedure.
Spikes
#892 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 1:58:17 PM

limanika wrote:

You should not think of reopening schools. This is the time to deal with the virus.
Reopening schools right now is not a priority worldwide.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
tycho
#893 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 2:14:03 PM

There are also several papers on Jala Neti by various Aryu Veda and Yoga scholars. Like this one published recently has an abstract saying:

Quote:
abstract
Neti kriya is an integral part of shatkarmas/the six cleansing techniques that form the most important
aspect of hatha yoga. Neti helps in preventing and managing upper respiratory tract diseases. An attempt
is being made to collate and review articles that highlight the therapeutic effects of neti kriya. Databases
like PubMed (January 1980eApril 2016), Scopus and Ayush Portal were searched. We used keywords like
jala neti, neti kriya, neti combined with terms such as yoga, sinusitis, rhinitis, common cold, vision,
snoring, nasopharyngeal carcinoma and mental health for the search. As only a few results were
obtained, we reviewed relevant studies with saline nasal irrigation. Evidence emerging from this review
suggests that neti offers manifold benefits and relief from the antibiotic grip. Most studies support the
role of neti in treating sinusitis, rhinosinusitis, allergic conditions and in improving vision. Jala neti has a
significant role in improving the presence of mind and intelligence. We identified that it can be applied in
mitigating post irradiation rhinosinusitis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. However, randomized control
trials must be conducted to substantiate the therapeutic efficacy of this simple cost-effective, non-
pharmacological mode of treatment.
Shak
#894 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 3:32:26 PM

Henceforth, you must mask up before entering a supermarket or open market, says CS Kagwe.
murchr
#895 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 3:36:16 PM

sqft wrote:
Australian Prime Minister has ordered everyone on student or visitor visa to go home
He said 'Australia must focus on its citizens and its residents' amid corona crisis

https://www.google.com/a...crisis-intensifies.html

Indirectly saying that if you fall sick, you may not be a priority in treatment.

There are no international flights so really what will these students do?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tycho
#896 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 3:49:33 PM

murchr wrote:
sqft wrote:

https://www.google.com/a...crisis-intensifies.html

Indirectly saying that if you fall sick, you may not be a priority in treatment.

There are no international flights so really what will these students do?

I have often said that the philosophy of the West, and its capitalism is 'wise misanthropy'. Misanthropy with a smile is what is driving this decadent civilization.

Humanism is powerful enough to accord all the best treatment possible. But look! They are too poor to cater for their guests.

Let us remember even for starter, ancient lights like Protagoras, who reminded us that the proper study of Man is Man.

Though Copernicus was a doctor of our tradition, mathematical models swept him away, and he forgot the root of all knowledge is self knowledge. And self knowledge for all humans is homogeneous. Hence no room for discrimination.

But behold the throes of modernism! See the apathy and utter meaninglessness of human life, and life in general!

Humanism is deep. And like our great grandparents cut their arms to show the red blood that equated them to the colonialists in waiting, do we affirm our commitment to humanism in its fundamental sense.
tycho
#897 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 4:58:37 PM

The direct mentioning of Jala neti as an antiviral treatment is elaborated further by Saraswati in the 'Yoga and Kriya'.

Therefore I am not talking about an alien idea, but a logical conclusion and practice that follows traditional knowledge and philosophy.

Quote:
Benefits
Neti is the best method of preventing and
eliminating colds. An effective cure for the
common cold has not yet been found. Neti is
not foolproof, but it goes a long way to solving
the problem. A cold indicates something signi-
ficant, namely that your body is in a weakened
condition. If this was not the case, the cold
virus would be unable to penetrate the defences
of your system; your autotherapeutic powers
would be strong enough to withstand such an
attack. The cold virus flourishes in nerve tissue,
particularly the olfactory nerves in the nose.
During a cold, neti greatly helps by removing the accumulated mucus in the nose, this being
a breeding ground.
madollar
#898 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 6:37:23 PM

Lolest!
#899 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 6:45:13 PM

That's like the number we lost in 2008 PEV over 3 monthsSad

Yuuge
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
thuks
#900 Posted : Saturday, April 04, 2020 6:47:05 PM

Lolest! wrote:

That's like the number we lost in 2008 PEV over 3 monthsSad