141 Pages«<4142434445>»
Coronavirus
Lolest!
#841 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:25:29 PM

masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Listening to Kagwe yesterday, we are not going into lockdown. At least not soon.

He sounded pessimistic about such measures.

But this stuff is scary when you consider those numbers from Italy, Spain, USA

ALso considering a lot of people could be asymptomatic carriers. Or will have mild symptoms like that Brenda lady(Giving her story the benefit of doubt). Spreading it all over!

how is lockdown a cure in a system where people live from hand to mouth? 21 of the 22 the new cases are from mandatory quarantine (a measure) not the general public walking around in the larger public?

There's a reason why Health Ministry is projecting 10,000 cases by end of April. Sad

Me thinks Kenya will follow UG & SA in lockdown but it will be late. As it is now, the people you say are living from hand to mouth are already suffering. Tao is mostly empty, eateries and many other businesses closed. Guys are already getting broke, penniless.

Some intervention for urban lower classes areas will need to be made for food.

Watching TZ though. Just 20 cases.

So what will the lockdown cure that the current measures are not?
Considering that 44 out of the 51 have been people in mandatory quarantine. I think they are done with these people - let's see what's out in the population.

"We'll see" says the master

Control the spread out here. Arrest the situation before it gets out of hand

As it is right now, GoK has already planned for hiring of medics for all counties' hospitals. Additionally, GoK is looking for space in schools for hosting patients.

The future doesn't look great. Our facilities will be stretched and it is only fair that we see how we'll slow this. One issue we face is people are hardly physical distancing. Seen many people like that.

Dawa ni lockdown. I hate it but it's better than us dying like flies as we hope for herd immunity

Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
wukan
#842 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 7:45:49 PM

Just like that we crossed the 1 million detected cases and 50,000 confirmed deaths.

We have till August to go through this wave.
Bigchick
#843 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:02:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Listening to Kagwe yesterday, we are not going into lockdown. At least not soon.

He sounded pessimistic about such measures.

But this stuff is scary when you consider those numbers from Italy, Spain, USA

ALso considering a lot of people could be asymptomatic carriers. Or will have mild symptoms like that Brenda lady(Giving her story the benefit of doubt). Spreading it all over!

how is lockdown a cure in a system where people live from hand to mouth? 21 of the 22 the new cases are from mandatory quarantine (a measure) not the general public walking around in the larger public?

There's a reason why Health Ministry is projecting 10,000 cases by end of April. Sad

Me thinks Kenya will follow UG & SA in lockdown but it will be late. As it is now, the people you say are living from hand to mouth are already suffering. Tao is mostly empty, eateries and many other businesses closed. Guys are already getting broke, penniless.

Some intervention for urban lower classes areas will need to be made for food.

Watching TZ though. Just 20 cases.

So what will the lockdown cure that the current measures are not?
Considering that 44 out of the 51 have been people in mandatory quarantine. I think they are done with these people - let's see what's out in the population.

"We'll see" says the master

They have tested about 50% of people in Quarantine so we have another 50% to go.We should therefore expect maybe another 20 to 30 tomorrow and the same number on Sat.From Sunday we should expect a slowdown of new infections.

@Tycho if we mask up can we start going out?

Meanwhile am told if one is not sick,the re-usable mask will come in handy.And while at it we put a drop of Eucalytus oil(Chapa Shoka) as we wear it.

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
madollar
#844 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:04:18 PM

A potential coronavirus vaccine developed by US scientists has been found to produce antibodies capable of fighting off Covid-19 in the first peer-reviewed study of its kind.

The vaccine, which was tested on mice by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, generated the antibodies in quantities thought to be enough to “neutralise” the virus within two week of injection.
tycho
#845 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:29:13 PM

@Lolest, we don't have to die like flies. I have been tracing how this virus attacks, and I realize that the danger begins at the throat and several days that a fever manifested. Then slowly will we develop breathing problems as we disperse the virus into the lungs. From there we now need ventilators and people die like flies.

If this story is correct, then it can be disrupted early, and we don't have to get to the ventilators. And we don't have to die. Plus we can create a standard regime of treatment the day you develop a fever. Remember now we are all masked.

We have a defensive stance, which we elaborated. Now we can develop attacks against the virus. By making the terrain hostile. Gurgle salty water generously, drink soups with fresh alicin-garlicsmile...

There are other techniques that we can advance our making of the terrain hostile with sound, light, and special information to the throat. Then we fight for 14 or 21 days. For each special case we develop treatment according to need. And we make these measures standard. Remember, we start early!

My friends, this Covid isn't that intelligent. We can deconstruct in ways it cannot imagine! Oh, I forgot how to make the lungs hostile by inhaling eucalyptussmile

Then we watch!

Then you heal! Or if you don't ... @alma, what do the stats say? How many are critical? Yeah that small percentage gets the ventilators. And home based care givers do the rounds, and the doctors are not harassed.

And then, we talk to this virus slowly till we don't have to buy a vaccine because we tamed corona. Corona is our new pussy meow,meow meow!
tycho
#846 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 8:46:04 PM

@Bigchick, now as I have proposed, we have a timed attack against the virus. We have a standard, home based strategy, that anytime you develop a fever, you attack. And we learn it.

Na si ni maninja? Mbona tusifanye kazi jameni?

Nawauliza enyi? Mbona tusende werani?

We just need to develop a harmonious working relationship between the principles and applications of traditional medicine with Copernican medicine, na tuendelee mbele. We treat the nation back to work.

Children have stopped being scholars now they plastic merchants. That is bad. So guys, I need to meet those who are responsible, we develop a standard of 'operation fuga corona'. Turudi kazi haraka. Ama aje, alma?smile
aemathenge
#847 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 9:05:37 PM

Lolest! wrote:
As it is right now, GoK has already planned for hiring of medics for all counties' hospitals.

Additionally, GoK is looking for space in schools for hosting patients.

The keyword here is "GoK".

First:

This is Kenia. Inchi Ya Kitu Kidogo.

Kenian Government Initiatives are excellent opportunities to "eat".

The war against The Virus is no different.

Single sourcing and national security tags on projects are a mere certification for the "fat cats" and "tenderpreneurs" to go on a rampage.

Until GoK comes up with a working formular to tackle corruption within its ranks, anti-virus initiatives will remain "applying lipstick to chicken" ventures.

It is time to bring in John Githongo from the cold.

Second:

Are we suspending devolution in as far as health is concerned?

Health is a County responsibility.

Kirinyaga has a huge mess where health is concerned such that it is the subject of a frivolous impeachment.

As such, can we, The Central Government and the Kirinyagan people, trust Her Excellency's Government with the battle against The Virus?

Just a thought. Just a thought.
Shak
#848 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 9:21:11 PM

Ethiopia is busy working on a vaccine incorporating traditional and modern medicine. Glad to see they're not waiting to die like flies
tycho
#849 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 10:07:17 PM

1. There's a technique for disinfecting the nose

2. Disinfect the mouth

3. Disinfect the throat

4. Disinfect the lungs

Then disinfect the mask, the hands, the surfaces ...

Once the virus comes into contact with simple disinfectant then it must die. Just as it died on the table, or the mask.

Some viruses may escape, and how you build your immunity against them, will be the basis of our herd immunization program. We run this program faithfully and embed it into our culture and we live with the virus.
aemathenge
#850 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 10:09:02 PM

Quote:
Let’ s Give A Thought To Healthcare Workers

THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2020 21:57

Yada, yada, yada.

This week my attention has been drawn to the fate of a Kenyan clinical officer who became the first health worker to test positive for coronavirus in the line of duty.

Unfortunately, her husband has also tested positive and they have both been isolated at the Kenyatta National Hospital IDU at Mbagathi while her children and househelp have been evacuated for testing.

Worldwide, doctors and healthcare givers are working under severe pressure taking care of patients infected with the coronavirus, with many putting in as much 110 hours a week due to a shortage of medical personnel following the sudden surge in admissions.

There is a general shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) as suppliers struggle to keep up with demand.

Medical personnel are not only at risk of infection themselves but are also putting their families at risk.

The situation in Kenya and in Africa, in general, is more desperate in the face of constrained resources and ill-equipped facilities.

Frontline health workers bear the brunt of infections especially if they are not equipped with protective gear such as gloves, face masks, and bodysuits.

This group of workers also happens to be the least trained in collecting and handling samples for testing, making them even more vulnerable.

Let us appreciate them for the work they are doing at great risk to themselves and their families to make sure that we win this battle.

Source Link From The Business Daily: https://www.businessdail...512304-qghojx/index.html
tycho
#851 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 10:16:09 PM

I have begun to agree that the Covid-19 virus is spread through aerosol action, and that the nanoparticles can linger in air.

That's how a person can develop Covid-19 without coming into contact with others.

If you consider how the virus enters the body, it appears as if the viruses are spread as we breath. In, and out. By masking alone, we will have done 80% of flattening the curve.
Jus Blazin
#852 Posted : Thursday, April 02, 2020 10:31:45 PM

They tried
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
mpobiz
#853 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 1:01:58 AM

tycho wrote:
I have begun to agree that the Covid-19 virus is spread through aerosol action, and that the nanoparticles can linger in air.

That's how a person can develop Covid-19 without coming into contact with others.

If you consider how the virus enters the body, it appears as if the viruses are spread as we breath. In, and out. By masking alone, we will have done 80% of flattening the curve.

Tell us more on the disinfecting part.
I have noted something called nanoparticles. How can a simple mask prevent nanoparticles from entering your body? I think that's why WHO was reluctant on endorsing the masks earlier.
In my opinion if this thing is airborne we now need military grade gas masks to be completely "safe"
If it comes to this its now clear herd immunity is the only way out.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
murchr
#854 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 6:41:33 AM

The numbers are terrifying

Quote:
NOTE ON FRANCE DATA:

On April 2, France reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients. Following international standards of correct inclusion, our statistics will include these deaths, and will add them to the April 2, 2020 count following the attribution criteria of date of report.

If and when the French government determines and communicates the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust the historical data accordingly. A similar issue took place on February 12, when China reported an additional 13,332 new cases in a single day due to a change in how cases were diagnosed and reported in Hubei.

France April 2 reported 1,355 deaths
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Spikes
#855 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 8:06:05 AM

mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:

I have noted something called nanoparticles. How can a simple mask prevent nanoparticles from entering your body? I think that's why WHO was reluctant on endorsing the masks earlier.
In my opinion if this thing is airborne we now need military grade gas masks to be completely "safe"

COVID-19 is not airborne.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
tycho
#856 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 8:08:44 AM

murchr wrote:
The numbers are terrifying

Quote:
NOTE ON FRANCE DATA:

On April 2, France reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients. Following international standards of correct inclusion, our statistics will include these deaths, and will add them to the April 2, 2020 count following the attribution criteria of date of report.

If and when the French government determines and communicates the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust the historical data accordingly. A similar issue took place on February 12, when China reported an additional 13,332 new cases in a single day due to a change in how cases were diagnosed and reported in Hubei.

France April 2 reported 1,355 deaths

I've come to realize that these deaths are arising due to flaws in our information and knowledge systems.

1. By the time a patient presents with symptoms that are serious enough to get to the doctor, the virus has multiplied and moved to critical areas of the body system. This is mostly because we (patients) haven't realized that this is a novel experience

2. The doctor's world view is mainly about how to do lab tests, develop a treatment based mostly on chemical relations. Therefore more direct and simple methods of dealing with the virus are overlooked.

Hence the deterioration and strain on hospital resources.

It may not be SARS-CoV-2 that is killing us, but our own systems blind spots.

So don't be scared. Let us organize ourselves and manage this virus.
tycho
#857 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 8:26:09 AM

Quote:
Spikes wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:

COVID-19 is not airborne.

We may need to conduct some investigation on our own. For example the presence of Covid-19 virus RNA in air might be susceptible to energy activation protocols that may trigger infections.

Quote:
In the context of COVID-19, airborne transmission may be possible in specific circumstances and settings in which procedures or support treatments that generate aerosols are performed; i.e., endotracheal intubation, bronchoscopy, open suctioning, administration of nebulized treatment, manual ventilation before intubation, turning the patient to the prone position, disconnecting the patient from the ventilator, non-invasive positive-pressure ventilation, tracheostomy, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

https://www.who.int/news...ecaution-recommendations
tycho
#858 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 8:44:30 AM

mpobiz wrote:
tycho wrote:

Most masks we are using are effective for three main reasons:

1. They dissipate the energy in the droplets and possible aerosol action from the nose

2. If all are masked, then we transmit less droplets to the surrounding

3. Disinfecting the masks reduces the population of the virus particles

As for disinfection, the idea is to target the form and morphology of the virus, eg. Destroying the envelope structure which is 'lipid' in nature. And also denying the virus a conducive environment for settlement and replication.

Since we know that the virus is easily trapped by hair, and cilia, we can deduce that they then form interactive bonds with our cells.

But these interactions are relatively slow. Therefore disinfecting the zones with the settled viruses becomes viable and effective.

So, the critical idea is this is a new virus, and that it begins by introducing itself like an old friend. So being aware of the security lapse is the rationale for disinfecting places we rarely think of disinfecting.
aemathenge
#859 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 10:42:08 AM

Friday is a special day for the Muslim Community.

Sunday is fast approaching.

Quote:
Churches defy coronavirus restrictions in Brazil and Africa
Religious congregations risk accelerating Covid-19 outbreak as pandemic moves to emerging markets

“Shutting down churches would be like shutting down hospitals,” David Oyedepo, dressed in a pressed, white suit, told a crowd of hundreds from the pulpit in a livestream of one sermon last month.

Nigeria’s 200m citizens are among the most religiously observant people in the world, surveys show, and the mainly Christian south is home to several Pentecostal megachurches.

That makes religious institutions vital if countries like Nigeria are to slow the spread of the virus, explained Idayat Hassan, director of the Abuja-based Centre for Democracy and Development.

“Religious institutions remain the key to combating the scourge, as they are the most trusted sources and platform in the country today,” she said, warning that many have so far framed the pandemic as a hoax. “Depending on how effectively they utilise their platform, social distancing can be achieved.”

Source: The Financial Times: https://www.ft.com/conte...aily-empty-email:content
sqft
#860 Posted : Friday, April 03, 2020 11:23:43 AM

When reggae is paused, productivity goes up.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.