Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
193 positive cases out of 3381 samples

5.7% positivity rate

Jana it was sub 6% too

was 5.9% - its looking better.

Of interest to note is it's been very cold and the numbers are dropping, also thos is after the covid heist announcement

Lets be honest,in the month of July when the numbers were beginning to look bad you heard of people you know who got it.Not in the media but friends and relatives and friends of friends.Since 2 weeks ago,I have not heard of one I know.To me this is an indicator this thing is on its way out.We are also not hearing the scary stories of people collapsing on the streets.

Something else is they are now doing target testing and not mass testing which could give flawed results as explained earlier.

All in all things are looking better.

For those who want to connect it with the expose......well you are free.

yes - some of us compute the positivity rate daily and we can tell you that there was a time it was 20%. Was actually expecting it to hit 1000 cases and then it slowly decreased after the effects of the bars were closing were felt and that time Papa died. People took it seriously and the postivity rate has been going down steadily. remember I wrote that I was cautiously optimistic? then we were told that GoK people were being tested and that's why the numbers were lower? but it never resurged.

Apologise to us who told you very early that this thing was going nowhere. Also go back in these thread and delete your useless mathematics.

masukuma wrote:

I am not on this forum to argue to be RIGHT. Aki I hope I AM WRONG... THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO BE WRONG ABOUT. WHY? IF I AM RIGHT... I AM ALSO IN THE MIX. Covid does not Read Wazua. It will not treat me or @alma better because we were on the right side. We all lose. But I see nothing that tells me I am WRONG. Nothing!!!

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
washiku
#2542 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:20:52 PM

murchr
#2543 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:50:31 PM

washiku wrote:
CC Masukuma

His family's economy is growing. He can export milk to Tz and they can flood the markets here with all manner of produce mkulima anaumia. Anyway this is not Corona so wacha nisiropokwe sana
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#2544 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:14:35 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Wakanyugi
#2545 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:40:32 PM

masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

5.7% positivity rate

Jana it was sub 6% too

You can actually ignore all that ‘positivity’ kizungu mingi.
The number that really maters is mortality rate, which floats around 1.5%, of the total positive sample.
Compare this to Malaria, 5.1% death rate, out of an annual total of over a million positive cases.

We have either been coned or our government is incompetent and corrupt, or both.

Quote:
There are two ways to have the tallest building in town. One is to tear everyone else's building down & the other is to build your building taller.

Instead of stepping up the attention given to Malaria, you are proposing that you reduce the attention given to Covid?

I am proposing no such thing my, leafy greens brother.

However the time for perspective is long past gone. Due to the luck of having a largely youthful population the impact of COVID-19 on Kenya is negligible. At least when compared to monsters like Malaria which kill about 30 Kenyans (most of them children) every day.

I know you will argue that credit for keeping COVID at bay should go to our thieving, incompetent Government.

About that I beg, no I demand, to defer.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
masukuma
#2546 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:20:33 PM

Wakanyugi wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

5.7% positivity rate

Jana it was sub 6% too

You can actually ignore all that ‘positivity’ kizungu mingi.
The number that really maters is mortality rate, which floats around 1.5%, of the total positive sample.
Compare this to Malaria, 5.1% death rate, out of an annual total of over a million positive cases.

We have either been coned or our government is incompetent and corrupt, or both.

Quote:
There are two ways to have the tallest building in town. One is to tear everyone else's building down & the other is to build your building taller.

Instead of stepping up the attention given to Malaria, you are proposing that you reduce the attention given to Covid?

I am proposing no such thing my, leafy greens brother.

However the time for perspective is long past gone. Due to the luck of having a largely youthful population the impact of COVID-19 on Kenya is negligible. At least when compared to monsters like Malaria which kill about 30 Kenyans (most of them children) every day.

I know you will argue that credit for keeping COVID at bay should go to our thieving, incompetent Government.

About that I beg, no I demand, to defer.

smile I am content with this outcome.
mpobiz
#2547 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:39:18 AM

masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

5.7% positivity rate

Jana it was sub 6% too

Of interest to note is it's been very cold and the numbers are dropping, also thos is after the covid heist announcement

Lets be honest,in the month of July when the numbers were beginning to look bad you heard of people you know who got it.Not in the media but friends and relatives and friends of friends.Since 2 weeks ago,I have not heard of one I know.To me this is an indicator this thing is on its way out.We are also not hearing the scary stories of people collapsing on the streets.

Something else is they are now doing target testing and not mass testing which could give flawed results as explained earlier.

All in all things are looking better.

For those who want to connect it with the expose......well you are free.

yes - some of us compute the positivity rate daily and we can tell you that there was a time it was 20%. Was actually expecting it to hit 1000 cases and then it slowly decreased after the effects of the bars were closing were felt and that time Papa died. People took it seriously and the postivity rate has been going down steadily. remember I wrote that I was cautiously optimistic? then we were told that GoK people were being tested and that's why the numbers were lower? but it never resurged.

Apologise to us who told you very early that this thing was going nowhere. Also go back in these thread and delete your useless mathematics.

masukuma wrote:

I am not on this forum to argue to be RIGHT. Aki I hope I AM WRONG... THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO BE WRONG ABOUT. WHY? IF I AM RIGHT... I AM ALSO IN THE MIX. Covid does not Read Wazua. It will not treat me or @alma better because we were on the right side. We all lose. But I see nothing that tells me I am WRONG. Nothing!!!

I accept this as an apology. But I hope now the wazuans who thought I was jocking when I called your endless stories as myths and legends now they see the truth in it. You realy wasted your time and also our time but tumekusamehea.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Queen
#2548 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 3:08:37 PM

masukuma wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

5.7% positivity rate

Jana it was sub 6% too

Today the positivity rate is at 8%.
murchr
#2549 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 2:42:53 AM

Beligum study shows that low doses of Hydroxychloroquine could heal Covid19. Study released on 24/8 possibly not peer reviewed.

Receptor
#2550 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 11:58:42 AM

murchr wrote:
Beligum study shows that low doses of Hydroxychloroquine could heal Covid19. Study released on 24/8 possibly not peer reviewed.

The evidence is here:

https://sarscov2web.org/annotatedTerm/6
masukuma
#2551 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 3:26:28 PM

murchr wrote:

it's an observational study...
next door neighbour Netherlands also run a study... no benefits

These studies remind me of this chart

Earlier the claims from people getting information from Asia was that you needed heavy doses 500mg ... now lighter doses. It was that it could be effective in later stage now it's earlier...
sqft
#2552 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 4:06:01 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

Why are you always against positive corona cure news, to the extent of dismissing the respected Belgian scientists? Why believe the netherland scientists and not the belgian scientists? FYI your netherlands study has not been peer reviewed.

Anyway scientists from universities in the US, Germany and Madagascar now say the Madagascan herbal cure works.

https://uknow.uky.edu/re...sing-treatment-covid-19
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
kaka2za
#2553 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:15:02 PM

sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

Why are you always against positive corona cure news, to the extent of dismissing the respected Belgian scientists? Why believe the netherland scientists and not the belgian scientists? FYI your netherlands study has not been peer reviewed.

Anyway scientists from universities in the US, Germany and Madagascar now say the Madagascan herbal cure works.

@Matharu is actually quite objective.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
mpobiz
#2554 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 9:07:41 AM

kaka2za wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

He is on record saying he argues just for fun and doesn't seek any objectives. In fact he is on our side--- the positive thinkers.
Only one word can describe him jackass
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
masukuma
#2555 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 10:26:05 AM

sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

I haven't dismissed them my friend... I haven't accepted them either! Life is not boolean that if you don't accept something - you have rejected it! that's the world of religion. I personally think it works to some extent... there are articles and studies that go back to 1991 that show that chloroquine creates an environment that inhibits replication of coronaviruses... I said that in March!!

masukuma wrote:
So what I have learned so far
1) coronaviruses are a family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases like MERS, SARS and COVID-19.
2) there are coronaviruses that have not 'jumped' species and are mainly still in bats. bats being bats are everywhere! they are the animals with the second largest number of species and live everywhere...including kenya where a
study shows talks about the existence of Novel SARS-like and Other Coronaviruses in Bats living in Kenya.
4) While it takes a bit of bad luck to get an outbreak started - the next coronavirus outbreak can be from anywhere - Kenya's bats have 41 distinct coronaviruses so it's important to have this problem looked at in the long term.
5) a 1991 study in the journal of virology outlined how Chloroquine (amongst others) slowed down the growth of coronaviruses by raising the PH of the cells. apparently coronaviruses need acidic environments to bind to cell receptors.
6) ibuprofen has been in the news lately as one of the drugs to avoid if you are exhibiting C-19 symptoms. why? it helps them multiply. it also has a low PH.

Conclusion - anything that raises the PH of the body may be effective in stopping the reproduction of coronaviruses in human cells. this is not to mean that eating alkaline foods will translate to raising the PH of your tissues (as digestion may just neutralize it). Perhaps pharmacists and biochemists can tell us what other drugs lower the PH of blood and cell tissues.

science is not static but we don't just accept things because they have been thrown your way. that's the reason I shared the "what causes cancer studies".

Put in the work!
masukuma
#2556 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 11:10:05 AM

mpobiz wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

He is on record saying he argues just for fun and doesn't seek any objectives. In fact he is on our side--- the positive thinkers.
Only one word can describe him jackass

The problem with @mpobiz is that while he knows how to read - he tends not to use that skill really well

Quote:
I am not on this forum to argue to be RIGHT. Aki I hope I AM WRONG... THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO BE WRONG ABOUT.

Read it again and again! where did I say
Quote:
[I] argue[s] just for fun and doesn't seek any objectives

where? Kaka, Najua unajua Kusoma - tumia hiyo skill vizuri! my words are measured and targeted... they mean to COMMUNICATE WHAT I WROTE! not what you think you read or think I said or meant to say! They communicate what I wrote - that is why I can quote in 2012...
madollar
#2557 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 2:59:51 AM

Coming from CDC this is big news unless its totally compromised by trump given elections are november

Lolest!
#2558 Posted : Thursday, September 03, 2020 12:15:18 PM

Poverty could be saving Africa from devastation
Quote:
"It's a hypothesis. Some level of pre-existing cross-protective immunity… might explain why the epidemic didn't unfold [the way it did in other parts of the world]," said Prof Madhi, explaining that data from scientists in the US appeared to support the hypothesis.

Colds and flu are, of course, commonplace around the world.

But the South African scientists wondered whether, because those viruses spread more effectively in overcrowded neighbourhoods, poorer communities might have been more widely exposed and therefore, enjoy a larger degree of immunity towards Covid-19.

The same, of course, could apply to other parts of the world, like India, with similar challenges.

"The protection might be much more intense in highly populated areas, in African settings. It might explain why the majority [on the continent] have asymptomatic or mild infections," said Prof Madhi.

"I can't think of anything else that would explain the numbers of completely asymptomatic people we're seeing. The numbers are completely unbelievable," he said, savouring the irony of the possibility that Africa's entrenched poverty might "for once" work in the continent's favour.

Sceptics though might point to countries like Brazil, with its crowded favelas, and its high infection rate.

https://www.bbc.com/news..._twitter_impression=true
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mpobiz
#2559 Posted : Friday, September 04, 2020 11:30:32 PM

[quote=Lolest!]Poverty could be saving Africa from devastation
Quote:
"It's a hypothesis. Some level of pre-existing cross-protective immunity… might explain why the epidemic didn't unfold [the way it did in other parts of the world]," said Prof Madhi, explaining that data from scientists in the US appeared to support the hypothesis.

But the South African scientists wondered whether, because those viruses spread more effectively in overcrowded neighbourhoods, poorer communities might have been more widely exposed and therefore, enjoy a larger degree of immunity towards Covid-19.

The same, of course, could apply to other parts of the world, like India, with similar challenges.

"The protection might be much more intense in highly populated areas, in African settings. It might explain why the majority [on the continent] have asymptomatic or mild infections," said Prof Madhi.

"I can't think of anything else that would explain the numbers of completely asymptomatic people we're seeing. The numbers are completely unbelievable," he said, savouring the irony of the possibility that Africa's entrenched poverty might "for once" work in the continent's favour.

Sceptics though might point to countries like Brazil, with its crowded favelas, and its high infection rate.

https://www.bbc.com/news...twitter_impression=true[/quote]

I predicted this a long time ago when I said that purity of life is a major determinant on the severity of this infection. Our poverty which has exposed us to numerous other bacteria and viruses has somehow come to save us from this small flu.
This I did as the likes of masukuma were busy with their charts , graphs and a lot of useless mathematics. Also by likening our lifestyles to the muzungu just because he can post in English and can afford a morgage to build his house huko dustbowl.
omega
#2560 Posted : Saturday, September 05, 2020 12:41:28 PM

mpobiz wrote:
[quote=Lolest!]Poverty could be saving Africa from devastation
Quote:

https://www.bbc.com/news...twitter_impression=true[/quote]

I predicted this a long time ago when I said that purity of life is a major determinant on the severity of this infection. Our poverty which has exposed us to numerous other bacteria and viruses has somehow come to save us from this small flu.
This I did as the likes of masukuma were busy with their charts , graphs and a lot of useless mathematics. Also by likening our lifestyles to the muzungu just because he can post in English and can afford a morgage to build his house huko dustbowl.

Africa needs to embrace science (scientific research, the mathematics, graphs, charts, etc) and move away from the middle Ages type of thinking. This is the reason we are still plagued with poverty and ignorance almost 60 years after independence.