kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
sqft wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Even Scientists are puzzled by Africa.

https://www.sciencemag.o...-struggling-explain-why

Hii Uhuru, Matiangi and Kagwe took the wrong approach to COVID-19.

TZ schools are back and we haven't heard mass infections and deaths as haters of Magufuli have been praying for.

Let us open up Kenya, Kagwe to stop his scaremonger trips and Magoha to stop domodomo and act _ open schools.

Juzi Dr Ouko of UoN was buried juu ya corona. Jana it was Linus Kaikais bro. The other day it was wetangulas bro. The other day the PCEA cleric. This thing is real and following magufuli and his prayers is upus. I know you parents are tired of staying with your children and are itching to dump them back into boarding schools but it is better to be safe than sorry. Many schools that have tried to reopen in Korea, South Africa, US etc have had to promptly close again after spikes in corona cases.

https://news.yahoo.com/s...ls-again-140818718.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/...-1k-quarantine-n1236492

Could you list people who have died of other causes too?
Corona is killing people for sure but in Africa the numbers are lower.
I lived in a country that had abandoned all precautions and the number of deaths were not any different from Kenya. The Antibodies prevalance was reportedly very high compared with people with symptoms.
You can hide figures but not fatalities. Fact is most hospitals in Africa have not experienced any strain. Maybe Kenya is special.
Presently there is nothing to show that the situation in TZ is any worse.
There are people so keen to propogate a certain narrative despite scientific evidence.

Maybe if it kills you then thou shall believe

You and Melinda Gates will wait for long.
Your wish of calamity for Africa won't come anytime soon

I gain nothing on waiting..It doesnt change the fact that people are dying. I've told you before I dont have to see the wind to know it blows

And I have told you I have lived in the so called high risk countries and hospitals are empty. People are dying just as they were dying before.

And no body is falling dead anywhere reported to have covid, they are tested and confirmed to be sick, not even in India where they have 50000+ a day cases. Those dying are doing so under the care of health workers, you are probably dramatizing covid in your mind.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
wukan
#2502 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 7:25:08 AM

@matharo come here Applause Applause

alma1
#2503 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 7:35:29 AM

When things are working, no one remembers the tech guys.

I always insist that tech guys figure out a formula in their costing on "when things are working everyone else was sleeping"

I have been in a few counties in the past few weeks.

Only Nairobi people don't wear a godammed mask. They are special.

"hii kitu sio ya wa africa" and such crap. You are live dummy coz your neighbour is wearing a mask.

I have a policy...It's very simple.

If you don't wear a mask, I will never talk to you again.

If you have beliefs about, it's a flu, it's not affecting africans, it's another bill gates lie, that's ok. That's your problem not mine.

Wear a f***ing mask when we meet.

We can chat about other issues later.

Kenya is doing well around the counties coz it's only stupid nairobians who don't wear a mask.

And yes, people are dying.If people in your circle of frens are not dying, then you should reconsider your network. Mine is being decimated.

And yes, talk me, I will show you people dying in TZ...It's the law in TZ not say Covid after Jesus cured them through Magufuli the prophet.

But if you think you won't die, that's ok....Thats your luck, but don't bring it to me...I might die.

Covid is real

Take care of yourselves. Let the online ninjas do their stuff.

Lakini ujue, you, you, you...Apana africans, can die
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

kaka2za
#2504 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 2:57:47 PM

Cost of PCR test in 'undeveloped'African countries-Zero
Time taken to process-Max 2 days

Cost of PCR test in 'developed'Kenya-KES10,000
Time taken to process- up to 10 days

Business unusual
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#2505 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 4:32:24 PM

wukan wrote:

Saw it.... this is one of those things one is happy to be wrong about.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
omega
#2506 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 6:47:36 PM

wukan wrote:

Seroprevalence of anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in Kenyan blood donors

Very good news so far. In my view the challenge is protecting the elderly most of whom are in rural areas and are at higher risk. In Western Europe, the massacre happened when the virus entered nursing homes.

From the report there was zero positive case for 55 - 64 years, which maybe indicates the elderly have been shielding.

Bigchick
#2507 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 7:19:50 PM

When is the peak coming?

Amoth had told us by Sept we would be counting how many deaths per day?

I thank God this far we have come and am convinced it will not get worse than this.

Numbers will continue to grow because of more tests and deaths will be within the normal curve
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
omega
#2508 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 11:17:16 PM

Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths in Italy by age group

Italy - IMPACT OF COVID-19 EPIDEMIC ON MORTALITY: CAUSES OF DEATH IN COVID-19 LABORATORY CONFIRMED CASES

The case fatality rate will most likely mainly depend on demographics.

In Italy 99% of virus-related deaths occurred in those over 50 years of age; whereas only 1% for 0-49 years.

So in sub-sahara Africa with median age of 15-20 years the case fatality rate is expected to be low.
omega
#2509 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:25:55 AM

Covid-19 deaths is India

"India has registered more than 50,000 Covid-19 deaths, overtaking the UK to become the fourth-worst-affected country for fatalities.

But the number of deaths per million people stands at 34 - far lower than what has been reported in Europe or North America.

The case fatality rate or CFR, which measures deaths among Covid-19 patients, is just around 2%. Even in badly-hit state like Maharashtra the number of deaths is doubling only in about 40 days. "The death rates have kept low all along, even as cases rose," K Srinath Reddy, president of the think tank, Public Health Foundation of India, told me.

Many epidemiologists attribute this relatively low fatality rate to a young population - the elderly are typically more vulnerable to the infection. It is not clear whether other factors like immunity deriving from previous infections from other coronaviruses, are also responsible. Also, they point to a pattern of low mortality in South Asian countries that share a similar demographic of a younger population: reported Covid-19 deaths per million are 22 in Bangladesh and 28 in Pakistan."
masukuma
#2510 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:06:15 PM

Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

I thank God this far we have come and am convinced it will not get worse than this.

Numbers will continue to grow because of more tests and deaths will be within the normal curve

I think we are there... the positivity hit rate (number of cases/sample size) has been dropping over the last 2 weeks. cautiously optimistic.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Queen
#2511 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:31:45 PM

masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

I think we are there... the positivity hit rate (number of cases/sample size) has been dropping over the last 2 weeks. cautiously optimistic.

Am told the reason the numbers appear to be going down is largely because the bulk of the results we have been seeing lately are from civil servants' mass testing.

So yes, the results we are seeing are from the "wrong sample group" and are therefore misleading.
Bigchick
#2512 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:16:39 PM

Queen wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

Am told the reason the numbers appear to be going down is largely because the bulk of the results we have been seeing lately are from civil servants' mass testing.

So yes, the results we are seeing are from the "wrong sample group" and are therefore misleading.

So which is the right sample?Which masses should be targeted?

Have been going to Gikomba alot of late na huko life is very normal.They have not heard of anybody they know in their area of work or evwn relatives ywt huko physical distancing is next to zero while masks are hapa kule.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
kaka2za
#2513 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 8:31:29 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Queen wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

Have been going to Gikomba alot of late na huko life is very normal.They have not heard of anybody they know in their area of work or evwn relatives ywt huko physical distancing is next to zero while masks are hapa kule.

I must say level of compliance in Nairobi is quite high. Almost everyone has a mask and actual social distancing in matatus.
Covid is not even discussed anymore in some African countries.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2514 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:04:05 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Queen wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

I must say level of compliance in Nairobi is quite high. Almost everyone has a mask and actual social distancing in matatus.
Covid is not even discussed anymore in some African countries.

Some African countries dont even know the population count others residents do not have Identification Cards/passports. Those are some Africans.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Lolest!
#2515 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 10:22:01 AM

Queen wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

Likely to be true

One of the parastatals had mass testing after a few cases. Some lady family friend tested positive.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kmucheke
#2516 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 12:58:16 PM

Parents threaten to sue State if schools do not open Sept

Quote:
Parents of school going children have threatened to sue the State if it fails to order reopening of schools by September.

They argue countries like Sweden, UK, Japan, Germany, Italy, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, DRC and most States in the USA have reopened their learning institutions for in-person schooling, despite the covid-19 pandemic.

“Our instructions are to demand from you…that you forthwith declare -and not later than August 18 2020- the immediate resumption of open schools and learning institutions in Kenya, which in any event should be open not later than September 1, 2020,” read the written by lawyer Harrison Kinyanjui on behalf of the parents.
Bigchick
#2517 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:31:28 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Queen wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
When is the peak coming?

Likely to be true

One of the parastatals had mass testing after a few cases. Some lady family friend tested positive.

My questions is.....

Does this imply civil servants are not gerring it.Or COVID is for jus kali guys?

alma1
#2518 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 4:42:57 PM

Good news going forward.

Bill and Melinda Gates adds Kenya to it's Covid Fund.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

radiomast
#2519 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 6:52:35 PM

kmucheke wrote:
Parents threaten to sue State if schools do not open Sept

Quote:
Parents of school going children have threatened to sue the State if it fails to order reopening of schools by September.

They argue countries like Sweden, UK, Japan, Germany, Italy, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, DRC and most States in the USA have reopened their learning institutions for in-person schooling, despite the covid-19 pandemic.

“Our instructions are to demand from you…that you forthwith declare -and not later than August 18 2020- the immediate resumption of open schools and learning institutions in Kenya, which in any event should be open not later than September 1, 2020,” read the written by lawyer Harrison Kinyanjui on behalf of the parents.

I say let kids go back to school. The chances of a vaccine being available to Kenyans by 2021 are perhaps 50%.

Just let them go back to school. But put in place a plan to reduce infection. Letting kids stay home is not sustainable.
radiomast
#2520 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:03:15 PM

The issue with Bill Gates and the vaccine is only good news if our thieves cannot steal the vaccine and resell. Its much more difficult to steal a vaccine. But our well connected and highly creative thieves are already scheming. Maybe this time they will sell to other thieves in DRC instead of Tanzania