wazua Wed, May 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<119120121122123>»
Coronavirus
sqft
#2401 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:48:10 PM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Bigchick
#2402 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:03:58 PM

sqft wrote:

No I dont this this perpetuates stigma.If anything when prominent people are highlighted then the reality sinks more.

In anycase someone who is not known is of no interest to the media..

RIP Ken Ouko.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
kaka2za
#2403 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:07:35 PM

I am starting to think that up to 5% of the population could be infected. That's 2M or maybe even higher.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#2404 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:53:57 PM

kaka2za wrote:
I am starting to think that up to 5% of the population could be infected. That's 2M or maybe even higher.

so 100 times the reported cases?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#2405 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:57:00 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Fact is Kenya has lost big.
We didn't close down early enough and we have ended up with high numbers and economic meltdown.
TZ opted not to impoverish their people.
Nothing suggests that their Covid-19 situation is any worse
Kenyans think they are brighter than the rest but all we do is to imitate the west.

sparkly
#2406 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 3:09:29 PM

kaka2za wrote:

My friend confirmed last week and is now in self isolation. Another friend lost a sibling to the disease.
Life is short. Live passionately.
kaka2za
#2407 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 3:13:56 PM

masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Maybe. What is the basis of the testing? Even the ministry has admitted that tracing has become difficult. We have no capacity to do mass testing so difficult to tell.
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2408 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 3:15:25 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:
Is Kenya doing something wrong?

We now have 20 times the number of cases Uganda has.
Senegal which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had in May, now has half the number
Cameroon which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had also now has less than Kenya

Somebody ask the health CS why Kenya is increasing exponentially and others arent.

Countries are hiding data. TZ is no longer testing. Not sure what other nations are doing.

Well one reason and most probable is the so called "Kenyan Winter". Temperatures are generally lower than average and it is believed the virus thrives in cold temperatures. Europe is bracing for a spike come winter.

This virus knows no temperature. Rain or shine if you're not social distancing washing hands or sanitizing you are exposed.

The African story is hidden.

This issue is puzzling. Kenya has actually taken stringent measures but numbers are rising.Other African countries have done zilch.
In the last two months,I have lost two neighbours in Kenya but none in the place where I live which was the epicenter few months ago.
Surely, Tz can hide number of infections but you can never hide dead bodies.
During the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, some governments tried to hide but then bodies started dropping.

Meanwhile, it took me only three hours to get a test result,in Kenya it is taking a week.

Economically, Kenya has taken a hit also.
EUR was at 114 now it is at 125!

Kenya has taken what stringent measures?

Who said the virus spreads at night & not during the day? Before magufuli cracked the wip on those showing the covid situation in that country, were we not seeing bodies and burials? He later went on to say that Covid patients should not be buried in haste and without dignity if we bury Aids patients better. So without the exposure we will never know. Until several leaders die of "malaria". You know the Kenyan story because people are testing and information is shared. Some countries are not testing anymore and the rate of death depends on the immunity of the person.

400 deaths in a month are almost normal and can be handled. When morgues start hiring containers as fridges then that will be something else.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#2409 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 3:23:50 PM

Meanwhile

SkyNews wrote:

Coronavirus: Brazilian president Bolsonaro has 'mould' in his lungs after COVID infection
Brazil's leader chuckles as he talks about having "mould" in his lungs during a live broadcast.

Trump is now testing upto 2 times a day
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Dahatre
#2410 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 4:05:22 PM

kaka2za wrote:
This issue is puzzling. Kenya has actually taken stringent measures but numbers are rising.Other African countries have done zilch.
In the last two months,I have lost two neighbours in Kenya but none in the place where I live which was the epicenter few months ago.
During the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, some governments tried to hide but then bodies started dropping.

Meanwhile, it took me only three hours to get a test result,in Kenya it is taking a week.

I beg to differ….I consider our policies as a country to be half-assed at best and a dismal failure at the worst.

Not sure where to even begin, especially as far as prepping the health care system for a deluge of critical cases…The number of health care workers (HCW) infected is way too high imho, We did not recruit languishing HCW to join the workforce, only 5000 HCW have been trained to manage Covid cases, insurance will not cover Covid treatment, intensivists and critical care staff are concentrated in private hospitals, Counties may have the beds, but no staff to go with the beds, contact tracing is spotty, people hired to replace contact tracers (to manage other community health issues like prenatal/antenatal care etc) are not paid on time in some areas like mine…and on and on…

Ineptitude met corruption-and here we are. Yet all we hear is personal responsibility blah blah blah….There are limits to what we can do as individuals.
kaka2za
#2411 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 5:04:54 PM

Dahatre wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

I beg to differ….I consider our policies as a country to be half-assed at best and a dismal failure at the worst.

Not sure where to even begin, especially as far as prepping the health care system for a deluge of critical cases…The number of health care workers (HCW) infected is way too high imho, We did not recruit languishing HCW to join the workforce, only 5000 HCW have been trained to manage Covid cases, insurance will not cover Covid treatment, intensivists and critical care staff are concentrated in private hospitals, Counties may have the beds, but no staff to go with the beds, contact tracing is spotty, people hired to replace contact tracers (to manage other community health issues like prenatal/antenatal care etc) are not paid on time in some areas like mine…and on and on…

Ineptitude met corruption-and here we are. Yet all we hear is personal responsibility blah blah blah….There are limits to what we can do as individuals.

And which African country did what you are suggesting here?
(James Russell Rowell)
kaka2za
#2412 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 5:07:28 PM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

Senegal which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had in May, now has half the number
Cameroon which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had also now has less than Kenya

Somebody ask the health CS why Kenya is increasing exponentially and others arent.

Countries are hiding data. TZ is no longer testing. Not sure what other nations are doing.

Well one reason and most probable is the so called "Kenyan Winter". Temperatures are generally lower than average and it is believed the virus thrives in cold temperatures. Europe is bracing for a spike come winter.

This virus knows no temperature. Rain or shine if you're not social distancing washing hands or sanitizing you are exposed.

Who said the virus spreads at night & not during the day? Before magufuli cracked the wip on those showing the covid situation in that country, were we not seeing bodies and burials? He later went on to say that Covid patients should not be buried in haste and without dignity if we bury Aids patients better. So without the exposure we will never know. Until several leaders die of "malaria". You know the Kenyan story because people are testing and information is shared. Some countries are not testing anymore and the rate of death depends on the immunity of the person.

400 deaths in a month are almost normal and can be handled. When morgues start hiring containers as fridges then that will be something else.

Stringent compared with other African countries.
Tembea uone. No masks,vehicle carrying full capacity and pubs open 24/7.
And let me tell you it is easier to get a test in those countries you despise than in Kenya.
(James Russell Rowell)
Dahatre
#2413 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 5:27:32 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

And which African country did what you are suggesting here?

What other African countries do is of marginal concern to me.
masukuma
#2414 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 5:44:54 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

And let me tell you it is easier to get a test in those countries you despise than in Kenya.

Check the count of reported tests and you will see... if people test it... it’s there. People are just attributing their sickness to random things like malaria in the rest of the places... anyway most will get better and those that die will be because ni mapenzi ya Mungu.
murchr
#2415 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 5:46:08 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

I've told you the fact that if you don't hear a tree falling in the forest does not mean they don't fall. If Kenya wasn't reporting its cases how would you know?
kaka2za
#2416 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 6:17:55 PM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

I've told you the fact that if you don't hear a tree falling in the forest does not mean they don't fall. If Kenya wasn't reporting its cases how would you know?

I would know because two of my neighbours in Kenya have died and three more recovered.
Only one doctor has died since April where I live.
It is not about the numbers reported. It is about the actual fatalities and the situation in hospitals.
It could be a diet or lifestyle issue.
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2417 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 9:16:36 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

I would know because two of my neighbours in Kenya have died and three more recovered.
It is not about the numbers reported. It is about the actual fatalities and the situation in hospitals.

You know because you have been informed. You wouldn't know what you have not been informed
mpobiz
#2418 Posted : Sunday, August 02, 2020 12:37:00 AM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

Maybe. What is the basis of the testing? Even the ministry has admitted that tracing has become difficult. We have no capacity to do mass testing so difficult to tell.

If the thing is claiming university professors ,M.P have confirmed infections,
Statehouse operativea and many more. This people operate where the highest levels of hygiene are observed. Now imagine the situation in our informal sector aka eastlando, mathare , mokuru, and kibra. You will realize that your 5% figure is very conservative. The true picture should be from 10% to 20%
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
kaka2za
#2419 Posted : Sunday, August 02, 2020 12:47:01 AM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

You know because you have been informed. You wouldn't know what you have not been informed

It's not the government that informed me.
Kagwe mentions numbers only.
Ifsomeone you know dies,the government doesn't have to inform you.
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2420 Posted : Sunday, August 02, 2020 8:28:03 AM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

It's not the government that informed me.
Kagwe mentions numbers only.
Ifsomeone you know dies,the government doesn't have to inform you.

Are you waiting for someone in TZ to die so that you know it exists ama una sema nini?

I know no one and i hope no one I know gets it but that doesnt change the fact that the disease kills and it community spreading in my area.