Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<118119120121122>»
Coronavirus
masukuma
#2381 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:32:04 AM

Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:
What does this data tell you?

It tells me that if we contain/cease movement into and out of those 4 counties with large numbers and treat handle the cases in the other counties well,we shall eradicate this virus as we wait for a vaccine.

Or Maybe we only close Nairobi and all other counties take charge of their cases we can somehow flatten this curve kabisa.

New cases from outside may not be an issue any more since they will have to be negative to board the ACs.

I think there is hope.

flattening the curve can be done by individuals... but since we are unable to regulate ourselves... it won't happen. Vaccine may get finalized next year... that does not mean that you will get it next year. there are production issues, governments doing their things so, expect Vaccine zifike Kenya late 2022-2023.

I am surprised no one has talked about that cameroonian/nigerian woman on this platform... kweli watu waliLose interest.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Bigchick
#2382 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:02:03 PM

masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

It tells me that if we contain/cease movement into and out of those 4 counties with large numbers and treat handle the cases in the other counties well,we shall eradicate this virus as we wait for a vaccine.

Or Maybe we only close Nairobi and all other counties take charge of their cases we can somehow flatten this curve kabisa.

New cases from outside may not be an issue any more since they will have to be negative to board the ACs.

I think there is hope.

flattening the curve can be done by individuals... but since we are unable to regulate ourselves... it won't happen. Vaccine may get finalized next year... that does not mean that you will get it next year. there are production issues, governments doing their things so, expect Vaccine zifike Kenya late 2022-2023.

I am surprised no one has talked about that cameroonian/nigerian woman on this platform... kweli watu waliLose interest.

We wrote her off when we heard she is a faith healer,she cures homosexuality and that women who suffer fibroids and endometriosis is because they bang with demons.Wazua is above such.

Meanwhile we have those drugs she mentioned in the house.We shall try all incase.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
murchr
#2383 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 4:18:23 PM

Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
murchr wrote:

I think there is hope.

We wrote her off when we heard she is a faith healer,she cures homosexuality and that women who suffer fibroids and endometriosis is because they bang with demons.Wazua is above such.

Meanwhile we have those drugs she mentioned in the house.We shall try all incase.

The very deep color indicates that the highest no of cases are at the border points close to TZ and UG. To UG we are the suppliers of the virus to TZ we are the receivers. From that point, the virus has spread to Mks Nrb etc

What would hurt if we closed the border with Tanzania, deal with our situation contain ourselves as we create temp hospitals at the border then open up? Meanwhile citizens should be urged to wear masks properly walking around with noses out is not helping. Does brookside distribute milk to TZ? everybody is hurting so close for two weeks to contain it then we move from there.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sqft
#2384 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:04:52 AM

https://www.the-star.co....ions-virus-positive-ps/

Quote:

What have we done with Covid-19 billions? - Virus positive PS

-PS tested positive last week and questioned country's management of pandemic.
-PS says none of his contacts have been reached by the government.

• Days before virus arrived in Kenya, Macharia termed as “short-sighted, careless and xenophobic” Kenyans who raised red flag about government’s handling of pandemic.

A principal secretary who tested positive for Covid-19 has questioned the country’s management of the pandemic and wondered what the billions spent so far have achieved.

Foreign Affairs PS Macharia Kamau tested positive for the virus last week and was forced to hand over his duties to political and diplomatic secretary Ambassador Tom Amollo.

But Macharia regretted that "the government’s contact tracing has collapsed, there is no access to proper care and even more tragic is that there is no medical insurance cover for the virus".

“For all the billions that have been spent on this campaign, it’s hard to imagine that at the point of contact where the disease actually happens, there is no system to make sure that we have access to proper care and the proper contact tracing is actually done to keep track of those who are not well or maybe infecting others,” Macharia said in a WhatsApp group of top government officials, seen by the Star.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
sqft
#2385 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 4:00:50 PM

The problem with corona testing.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
murchr
#2386 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:19:59 PM

Over 20K now. Who would have thought? Are we at the peak or we still have more high numbers to hit?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
radiomast
#2387 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 10:44:37 PM

Is Kenya doing something wrong?

We now have 20 times the number of cases Uganda has.
Senegal which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had in May, now has half the number
Cameroon which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had also now has less than Kenya

Somebody ask the health CS why Kenya is increasing exponentially and others arent.
mpobiz
#2388 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 12:35:31 AM

murchr wrote:
Over 20K now. Who would have thought? Are we at the peak or we still have more high numbers to hit?

Relax bro. The real peak will happen when you get infected. Very soon.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Gathige
#2389 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 12:50:22 AM

radiomast wrote:

Senegal which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had in May, now has half the number
Cameroon which had 3 times the number of cases Kenya had also now has less than Kenya

Somebody ask the health CS why Kenya is increasing exponentially and others arent.

Countries are hiding data. TZ is no longer testing. Not sure what other nations are doing.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Rongla
#2390 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:56:50 AM

Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

Countries are hiding data. TZ is no longer testing. Not sure what other nations are doing.

Well one reason and most probable is the so called "Kenyan Winter". Temperatures are generally lower than average and it is believed the virus thrives in cold temperatures. Europe is bracing for a spike come winter.
madollar
#2391 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 2:46:43 AM

Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

Well one reason and most probable is the so called "Kenyan Winter". Temperatures are generally lower than average and it is believed the virus thrives in cold temperatures. Europe is bracing for a spike come winter.

A heat wave is sweeping America but still the virus is relentless hitting places like florida hard
murchr
#2392 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 7:23:17 AM

Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

This virus knows no temperature. Rain or shine if you're not social distancing washing hands or sanitizing you are exposed.

The African story is hidden.
kaka2za
#2393 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 9:24:47 AM

murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

This virus knows no temperature. Rain or shine if you're not social distancing washing hands or sanitizing you are exposed.

This issue is puzzling. Kenya has actually taken stringent measures but numbers are rising.Other African countries have done zilch.
In the last two months,I have lost two neighbours in Kenya but none in the place where I live which was the epicenter few months ago.
Surely, Tz can hide number of infections but you can never hide dead bodies.
During the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, some governments tried to hide but then bodies started dropping.

Meanwhile, it took me only three hours to get a test result,in Kenya it is taking a week.

Economically, Kenya has taken a hit also.
EUR was at 114 now it is at 125!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
mpobiz
#2394 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 10:38:54 AM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

This issue is puzzling. Kenya has actually taken stringent measures but numbers are rising.Other African countries have done zilch.
In the last two months,I have lost two neighbours in Kenya but none in the place where I live which was the epicenter few months ago.
During the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, some governments tried to hide but then bodies started dropping.

Meanwhile, it took me only three hours to get a test result,in Kenya it is taking a week.

The positive attitude of the Tanzanian people is what's keeping them alive . Hio kitu ni homa tu.
A few days ago I decided to go and see it and experience it.I went to Tanzania through arusha upto moshi. The spirit of the Tanzanian people and the way they are conducting their business is just amazing.
Now that I know how it feels to be infected its very easy to tell if the person next to you has the infection or not when you spend just a few minutes together. The infection is wide spread . I counted a few bar attendants and a shopkeeper. The good thing is they were going on with their usual business.
What will make Kenyans suffer more is not the corona but the economic stresses caused by the government. Today because of mass layoffs depression and hypertension is the order of the day. This will increase the vulnerability of our population to succumb to the desease. That's why the minister was telling us yesterday that the disease is killing younger people now.
Yes I will be back to Tanzania next week. This time I will spend atleast a week there and enjoy the ambiance. I will report my findings live
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Angelica _ann
#2395 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 10:56:22 AM

UoN don Ken Ouko dies of Covid-19 complications

https://www.google.com/a...--1910722%3fview=htmlamp
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mpobiz
#2396 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 11:06:08 AM

https://www.bbc.com/news...eoxmIemGNw_YjsXuyROuMOPg
masukuma
#2397 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 11:14:45 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
UoN don Ken Ouko dies of Covid-19 complications

https://www.google.com/a...-1910722%3fview=htmlamp

Oh my...
masukuma
#2398 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 11:20:38 AM

mpobiz wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
Rongla wrote:
Gathige wrote:
radiomast wrote:

The positive attitude of the Tanzanian people is what's keeping them alive . Hio kitu ni homa tu.
A few days ago I decided to go and see it and experience it.I went to Tanzania through arusha upto moshi. The spirit of the Tanzanian people and the way they are conducting their business is just amazing.
Now that I know how it feels to be infected its very easy to tell if the person next to you has the infection or not when you spend just a few minutes together. The infection is wide spread . I counted a few bar attendants and a shopkeeper. The good thing is they were going on with their usual business.
What will make Kenyans suffer more is not the corona but the economic stresses caused by the government. Today because of mass layoffs depression and hypertension is the order of the day. This will increase the vulnerability of our population to succumb to the desease. That's why the minister was telling us yesterday that the disease is killing younger people now.
Yes I will be back to Tanzania next week. This time I will spend atleast a week there and enjoy the ambiance. I will report my findings live

Let's ignore it - it will go away.

kaka2za
#2399 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:08:48 PM

Fact is Kenya has lost big.
We didn't close down early enough and we have ended up with high numbers and economic meltdown.
TZ opted not to impoverish their people.
Nothing suggests that their Covid-19 situation is any worse
Kenyans think they are brighter than the rest but all we do is to imitate the west.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
sqft
#2400 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:44:47 PM

If we continue to behave NORMALLY, the virus will treat us ABNORMALLY.