wazua Wed, May 22, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages«<117118119120121>»
Coronavirus
Bigchick
#2361 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 5:25:24 PM

PCEA Church SG.

Fare thee well.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
masukuma
#2362 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 8:23:31 PM

Ngalaka wrote:
quicksand wrote:
sqft wrote:
Why didnt they have breaking news about Madagascar scientists but have breaking news on german scientists who just confirmed what madagascar scientists discovered months ago.

https://www.thailandmedi...-sars-cov-2-coronavirus

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS! Artemisia Annua: German Researchers Confirm That Extracts Of The Plant Artemisia Annua Are Active Against SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus

Its their media. Their scientists decided to research the claims or replicate the study. Did any Kenyan research institution scientifically investigate the claim or replicate the study? No. None that I know of.
Make and beat your own drums, cause no foreigner will do it for you. This need we have as Africans to be accepted by Westerners is infuriating. Do things and excel at them, and then there will be no need to demand respect from anyone, it will follow automatically. If Madagascar has faith in the artemisia plant, they should go ahead and use it to manage Covid. If they succeed, and I hope they do, this noise about what some media in the west did or said will become irrelevant. Look at Mpesa. Did we wait for approval and recognition from anyone? No. There was a problem and it was addressed brilliantly. Now Facebook and others are looking to replicate this elsewhere. This is the kind of approach we should take with all our initiatives.
Stop whining. Do.
Peace.

Applause Applause Applause

I always wonder why we seek for approval and acceptance... just DO! ikiwa mzuri... watu watachukuwa... if it's good! so do something good... test it appropriately... document it... if its good - people will use it.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
kaka2za
#2363 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:07:29 PM

What happened in Cameroon?
It had the highest number of infections in Sub Saharan Africa then life went back to normal. Did the virus just evaporate?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2364 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 9:59:01 PM

kaka2za wrote:
It had the highest number of infections in Sub Saharan Africa then life went back to normal. Did the virus just evaporate?

When a tree falls in the aberdares, we in Nairobi will not know about it unless we are told. The fact that no one tells us will not change the fact that a tree fell.

Many leaders are opting to go mute on reporting even Trump tried but he was turned down.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#2365 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:12:22 PM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

When a tree falls in the aberdares, we in Nairobi will not know about it unless we are told. The fact that no one tells us will not change the fact that a tree fell.

Many leaders are opting to go mute on reporting even Trump tried but he was turned down.

those test numbers are very exact
Bigchick
#2366 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:23:09 AM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

They may not be exact but give an indicator
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Thitifini
#2367 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:32:03 AM

masukuma
#2368 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 9:47:38 AM

kaka2za
#2369 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 11:56:01 AM

Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

The numbers have stagnated with no lockdown whatsoever while Kenya numbers have multiplied with stricter measures.
87% recovery rate.
It is not about what government is reporting, life is back to normal and hospitals are not under any strain.
Question is why did the numbers and actual fatalities in the ground decline?

I will obtain a photo of what is happening in Douala market. No masks at all.
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2370 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:41:52 PM

Damn you Sakaja
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
aemathenge
#2371 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 8:27:23 PM

murchr wrote:
Damn you Sakaja

Hehehe hehehe huhuhu hohohooooooooo......
murchr
#2372 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 6:40:58 AM

aemathenge wrote:
murchr wrote:
Damn you Sakaja

Hehehe hehehe huhuhu hohohooooooooo......

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
masukuma
#2373 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:52:44 AM

kaka2za wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

The numbers have stagnated with no lockdown whatsoever while Kenya numbers have multiplied with stricter measures.
87% recovery rate.
It is not about what government is reporting, life is back to normal and hospitals are not under any strain.

This floated into a WhatsApp group I belong to (2 Cameroonians in there)

Quote:

Cameroon Citizens Raised $40M for COVID Relief, But Where is It?

YAOUNDE - Cameroon has bowed to pressure from rights groups and ordered investigations into the management of the COVID-19 solidarity fund contributed to by civilians. The rights groups said most of the $40 million cash and material had been embezzled. An outcry was sparked after rights groups said 4,000 bags of rice donated to COVID-19 patients were illegally sold.

About two dozen people are this Monday morning at the Messassi government hospital in Cameroon’s capital Yaounde for consultations. Among them is 27-year- old Ernestine Sahmo who is visiting for her weekly diabetes control. Sahmo says she and other patients are surprised at the absence of COVID-19 prevention kits at the hospital.

"Most of the time you go there and there is no water. You just find a bucket being placed there without any water in it and at times too you don’t even meet soap," she said.
(Africa as it is)
masukuma
#2374 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:04:38 PM

The silent killer in Somalia
kaka2za
#2375 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 1:23:19 PM

masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

87% recovery rate.

Quote:

YAOUNDE - Cameroon has bowed to pressure from rights groups and ordered investigations into the management of the COVID-19 solidarity fund contributed to by civilians. The rights groups said most of the $40 million cash and material had been embezzled. An outcry was sparked after rights groups said 4,000 bags of rice donated to COVID-19 patients were illegally sold.

About two dozen people are this Monday morning at the Messassi government hospital in Cameroon’s capital Yaounde for consultations. Among them is 27-year- old Ernestine Sahmo who is visiting for her weekly diabetes control. Sahmo says she and other patients are surprised at the absence of COVID-19 prevention kits at the hospital.

"Most of the time you go there and there is no water. You just find a bucket being placed there without any water in it and at times too you don’t even meet soap," she said.
(Africa as it is)

I told you. Everything is worringly so relaxed. Bars are full and taxis full to capacity. Why is the disease wreaking havoc in some areas and other areas?
Kenya in particular appears highly susceptible.
(James Russell Rowell)
sqft
#2376 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 2:28:38 PM

Female MP with HIV tests positive for COVID-19

https://www.k24tv.co.ke/...ive-for-covid-19-24363/

Quote:
Zambian MP Princess Kasune Zulu, who is living with HIV and is a prominent AIDS activist, has announced that she has tested positive for Covid-19.

Ms Zulu, a member of the opposition United Party for National Development, was tested last Thursday.

Some 15 Zambian MPs have so far tested positive for Covid-19, according to health minister Chitalu Chilufya.

Parliamentary sittings have been indefinitely suspended.

Ms Zulu told the BBC that she was not surprised by the test results, partly because Zambia’s parliament had initially continued holding sittings despite the rise in coronavirus numbers.

“I guess one saw it coming given the laissez-faire attitude we have in Zambia towards the health guidelines, and seeing that at parliament we had continued meeting in person when we should have carried on business from our homes via virtual systems,” she said.

Ms Zulu bemoaned Zambia’s slow response to Covid-19.

Zambia has to date reported 4,481 coronavirus cases since March and 139 deaths.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
masukuma
#2377 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:06:48 PM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:

87% recovery rate.

Quote:

(Africa as it is)

I told you. Everything is worringly so relaxed. Bars are full and taxis full to capacity. Why is the disease wreaking havoc in some areas and other areas?
Kenya in particular appears highly susceptible.

I think it's not the disease per se but rather the sensitivity of a society to diseases - In Sub Saharan Africa we are used to death from diseses (I once wrote about how 90%+ of the 400K+ annual deaths from Malaria are in subsaharan africa) and we don't care. I grew up in Nakuru and had lots of Malaria and so it became normalized... when you talk to a Mzungu... Traveled abroad and when you talk about Malaria the Mzungu told me it's a terrible disease to have! the one person who got it describes it in very vivid terms... but since we have been used to magonjwa, umaskini and ujinga (Poverty, Ignorance and Disease) we assume that it's normal to be sick... Most people don't even take days off when they are ill. we have normalized ignorance and rationalized poverty.

That may explain Africa's response to this disease... we were hoping for a spectacular disease but it is a disease that largely has symptoms similar to what we have had before and especially those places where Malaria is rather serious like west africa. After all 95%+ of People seem to recover without problems... then it looks tame. People don't usually go to the doctor when they suffer mild/moderate symptoms. I only go to the doctor when things are thick... Mzungu will go at the earliest discomfort.

I think within subsaharan africa Kenya seems to be taking this disease seriously and rightly so... it does not mean that we are dying more than these countries (Kenya and Cameroon have the approximately the same number of official cases but fewer deaths). People should not normalize getting sick.

Look...
Quote:
Bondo OCPD dies after developing breathing problems

Mkapa died after a short illness (Malaria and Heart Attack)... if you check the symptoms of the disease (Uliza @Mphobiz... there are aspects of it that are Malaria like)... but if you don't attribute it properly you may not recogize it.... itakuwa "homa tu".
aemathenge
#2378 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:01:47 PM

masukuma wrote:
I think it's not the disease per se but rather the sensitivity of a society to diseases.

In Sub Saharan Africa we are used to death from diseses (I once wrote about how 90%+ of the 400K+ annual deaths from Malaria are in subsaharan africa) and we don't care.

I grew up in Nakuru and had lots of Malaria and so it became normalized... when you talk to a Mzungu... Traveled abroad and when you talk about Malaria the Mzungu told me it's a terrible disease to have!

The one person who got it describes it in very vivid terms... but since we have been used to magonjwa, umaskini and ujinga (Poverty, Ignorance and Disease) we assume that it's normal to be sick...

Most people don't even take days off when they are ill.

We have normalized ignorance and rationalized poverty.

That may explain Africa's response to this disease.

We were hoping for a spectacular disease but it is a disease that largely has symptoms similar to what we have had before and especially those places where Malaria is rather serious like west Africa.

After all 95%+ of People seem to recover without problems... then it looks tame.

People don't usually go to the doctor when they suffer mild/moderate symptoms.

I only go to the doctor when things are thick.

Mzungu will go at the earliest discomfort.

I think within subsaharan africa Kenya seems to be taking this disease seriously and rightly so... it does not mean that we are dying more than these countries (Kenya and Cameroon have the approximately the same number of official cases but fewer deaths).

Hear, hear.

Madam Administrator (MIA) would pin this if she were active.

For the record @Masukuma, I'm stealing this without your consent, approval, and or otherwise without any further recourse to you.
murchr
#2379 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:16:04 PM

What does this data tell you?

Bigchick
#2380 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:19:28 AM

murchr wrote:
What does this data tell you?

It tells me that if we contain/cease movement into and out of those 4 counties with large numbers and treat handle the cases in the other counties well,we shall eradicate this virus as we wait for a vaccine.

Or Maybe we only close Nairobi and all other counties take charge of their cases we can somehow flatten this curve kabisa.

New cases from outside may not be an issue any more since they will have to be negative to board the ACs.

I think there is hope.