Coronavirus
murchr
#2001 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 3:34:23 PM

masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Italy has a total of 204,053 cases that have been reported as being resolved (recovered + dead)... 12.5% of them have been resolved through death
Mexico has 105,397 resolved cases and 13.9% of these have been resolved through death.
USA has a total of 923,624 reported resolved cases - 12.5% of them have been resolved through death
Brazil has a total of 420,097 resolved cases - 9.5% of them have been resolved through death.
India gas a total of 149,086 cases reported as being resolved - 5.4% of them through death.
Kenya? Death is responsible for 7.8% of our resolved cases... tuko karibu na Brazil!! We need to keep the numbers LOW...

I think Kenyans are just weak. It could be a case of poor nutrition.

You may have a point... if you notice most people leave by the sea shore - access to fish (Omega 3 oils and Vitamin D)... In Kenya and South Africa most people live inland - less fish may be an aspect... but it's really too early in the process to assess this. Ugali + Sukuma wiki sioni vile inasaidia watu aje.

Sukuma wiki, spinach, eggs, meat, milk, nuts, beans, avocado etc are also known sources of omega 3, not only oily SEA fish [LINK1], [LINK2]. So taking ugali + masukuma/spinach will also help. Also vitamin D is got from the sun and the last time I checked we Africans live right on the equator where we get more vitamin D than anyone else.

Also who said that those who live inland don't eat fish? Go to any market or supermarket and you will find fish being sold, from omena to salmon. For instance I live inland and eat fish twice a week.

FYI hata blue band margarine is fortified with omega 3 and 6 so anyone taking their mkate na blue band in the morning is having their dose of omega 3.

So your argument about omega 3 and vitamin D deficiency is wrong.

It’s likely I am wrong... it just occurred that no one ever stated that East Africans have the best food.... not even sure East Africans who have left East Africa have ever said that. But yeah - it maybe something different.

Haiya?! When did food become a cure? If food would prevent people from COVID then Brazilian's would not have died in the dozens. Their food is very similar to ours.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kaka2za
#2002 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:03:31 PM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Italy has a total of 204,053 cases that have been reported as being resolved (recovered + dead)... 12.5% of them have been resolved through death
Mexico has 105,397 resolved cases and 13.9% of these have been resolved through death.
USA has a total of 923,624 reported resolved cases - 12.5% of them have been resolved through death
Brazil has a total of 420,097 resolved cases - 9.5% of them have been resolved through death.
India gas a total of 149,086 cases reported as being resolved - 5.4% of them through death.
Kenya? Death is responsible for 7.8% of our resolved cases... tuko karibu na Brazil!! We need to keep the numbers LOW...

You may have a point... if you notice most people leave by the sea shore - access to fish (Omega 3 oils and Vitamin D)... In Kenya and South Africa most people live inland - less fish may be an aspect... but it's really too early in the process to assess this. Ugali + Sukuma wiki sioni vile inasaidia watu aje.

Sukuma wiki, spinach, eggs, meat, milk, nuts, beans, avocado etc are also known sources of omega 3, not only oily SEA fish [LINK1], [LINK2]. So taking ugali + masukuma/spinach will also help. Also vitamin D is got from the sun and the last time I checked we Africans live right on the equator where we get more vitamin D than anyone else.

Also who said that those who live inland don't eat fish? Go to any market or supermarket and you will find fish being sold, from omena to salmon. For instance I live inland and eat fish twice a week.

FYI hata blue band margarine is fortified with omega 3 and 6 so anyone taking their mkate na blue band in the morning is having their dose of omega 3.

It’s likely I am wrong... it just occurred that no one ever stated that East Africans have the best food.... not even sure East Africans who have left East Africa have ever said that. But yeah - it maybe something different.

Haiya?! When did food become a cure? If food would prevent people from COVID then Brazilian's would not have died in the dozens. Their food is very similar to ours.

There is a reason why slave traders mainly targeted West Africa. No one would choose Okuyu over the Wolof for example.

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
murchr
#2003 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 4:36:00 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:

There is a reason why slave traders mainly targeted West Africa. No one would choose Okuyu over the Wolof for example.

So it wasn't because of the Atlantic? Anyway, those slaves went to Brazil too right? Now point this to Rona
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mpobiz
#2004 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 5:53:37 PM

masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:

This 7.8% is just one of your incredible miths. Your own government has admitted to poor testing capacity. Its now the 5th month since the tests begun. There is no need of mentioning the poor numbers. Furthermore testing achives nothing because it doesn't guarantee immunity no matter how careful you are. You can test negative and in an hour's you get infected.
What happened after kibra was mentioned as a hot spot? When the media stops reporting does it mean that the infections have stopped?
My simple estimates is that in this country we already have millions of infections. So as the clever man you are. The wise decision is to base the current number of the known deaths with my current estimate of the infected which is 3 million .
That will give you a better picture.

Unfortunately my ass doesn’t generate numbers like yours - Maybe it’s a disability I have but I am unable to pull numbers from it. Only some foul smelly stuff seem to come from it. I have nothing but admiration for people who pull numbers from their asses and tout them as facts.

Sasa wewe hata lisungu imekua shida kwako?
Estimates can't be facts unless someone is lucky. It's better that I am puling figures from my arse and using them. You are using figures pulled from a government officials asrse and hundling them like cheese calling them facts.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
masukuma
#2005 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 9:03:50 PM

mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:

This 7.8% is just one of your incredible miths. Your own government has admitted to poor testing capacity. Its now the 5th month since the tests begun. There is no need of mentioning the poor numbers. Furthermore testing achives nothing because it doesn't guarantee immunity no matter how careful you are. You can test negative and in an hour's you get infected.
What happened after kibra was mentioned as a hot spot? When the media stops reporting does it mean that the infections have stopped?
My simple estimates is that in this country we already have millions of infections. So as the clever man you are. The wise decision is to base the current number of the known deaths with my current estimate of the infected which is 3 million .

Unfortunately my ass doesn’t generate numbers like yours - Maybe it’s a disability I have but I am unable to pull numbers from it. Only some foul smelly stuff seem to come from it. I have nothing but admiration for people who pull numbers from their asses and tout them as facts.

Sasa wewe hata lisungu imekua shida kwako?
Estimates can't be facts unless someone is lucky. It's better that I am puling figures from my arse and using them. You are using figures pulled from a government officials asrse and hundling them like cheese calling them facts.

yako hata sio estimates... yako umeketi hivi ukaamua 3million people wako nayo. the other day ulituambia 80,000 wako nayo. Unatoa tu figures kwa kichwa yako having no basis on ANYTHING other than ni 3Million.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
masukuma
#2006 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2020 9:11:05 PM

murchr wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:
sqft wrote:
masukuma wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:

So it wasn't because of the Atlantic? Anyway, those slaves went to Brazil too right? Now point this to Rona

the myth is that the mzungu actually caught these people - no.. it was the empires on the coast. Black people who raided other communities and sold them. they even sold their own. there was a time lost children would be sold. people who made mistakes were 'swallowed by the oracle' kumbe ni kuwekwa kwa slave ship. Swallowed by the goddess of the sea... kumbe umeuzwa kwa slave ship. it was a triangular trade. in east africa people were enslaved - mostly to arabia and maybe as far as india but it was tough to raid the inland of east africa - Maasais made it difficult for anyone to make inroads. but turudi kwa Corona.

We didn't say food is cure we are saying different dietary regimes raise your body's immunity towards responding to diseases. We stated that Vitamin D has been shown to be a big deal in studies in asia on whether people became severe or critical.
Dahatre
#2007 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:12:58 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:

I don't think poor nutrition is the issue or the only issue. When compared to deaths in Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Ghana with similar demographics it could be poor hospital case management

Not a hospitalist, but I believe our intensivists and other ICU care givers are doing a good job of providing the needed supportive care. We need to remember that Covid is poorly understood and there is no treatment for it.

As for Uganda and other countries, I believe they had/have a stronger public health response than we did/do.

Dahatre
#2008 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:19:32 PM

masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Haki Maveggie ni wale watu wanakutusi ever so subtly, you spend the rest of your evening wondering whether walikutusi or not 😂Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sqft
#2009 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 6:40:00 PM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Shak
#2010 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:17:10 PM

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...of-singer-abenny-jachiga

If this is COVID then it's really worrying how one's condition can quickly deteriorate after infection. Case in point Nkurunziza and above.
mpobiz
#2011 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 4:31:12 AM

Dahatre wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mpobiz wrote:
masukuma wrote:

Haki Maveggie ni wale watu wanakutusi ever so subtly, you spend the rest of your evening wondering whether walikutusi or not 😂Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Sasa unafurahia nikitukanwo? Since I have no idea if you are a socket or a plug I will reserve my comments. But Ile uchochezi uko nayo hapo ninanusa tons of estrogen
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
sparkly
#2012 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 9:33:42 AM

Shak wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...of-singer-abenny-jachiga

If this is COVID then it's really worrying how one's condition can quickly deteriorate after infection. Case in point Nkurunziza and above.

Symptoms sound like TB.

Quote:
He said that his brother had small spots on his skin body and complained of stomachaches.
SEE ALSO: Chaos as fanatic mourners spoil artiste Jachiga burial Onyango was later rushed to St Jairus Hospital where he died after developing breathing complications at 2am.
Omondi said that while at the hospital, his brother complained of having breathing complications and was
coughing blood.
Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#2013 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:25:21 PM

Having a certificate does not mean you cant get it, just means you dont have it now
masukuma
#2014 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 10:40:42 AM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
Latest:

Virus mutating to a more dangerous form

Children contacting the virus are getting symptoms that look like the Kawasaki disease. (cordial vascular collapse) Where the heart is attacked.

This is the stupidity with Herd Immunity -
Herd Immunity assumes no long term effects of the current strains and also fails to understand the fact that the longer a virus stays in our midst... the more the likelihood it will mutate. People are always getting flu vaccines every year because it mutates so much and the strains from this year are substantially different from what people experienced last year. the antibodies from last year are not effective against newly spun out strains. The longer Covid stays in humans and is replicating - the more likely that the mutations spin out something that nullifies the effects of Herd Immunity (acquired by sacrificing a substantial number of people). The ONLY WAY IS TO CRUSH THIS THING.

The current strains seem to spare the young and strong... who tells you that the newly spun out mutations will spare them? it's a ridiculous proposition.

There has been much debate about why COVID-19 outbreaks in Italy and New York have so quickly overwhelmed health systems, while early outbreaks in places like San Francisco and Washington state proved more readily managed, at least initially. Was it something about those communities and their response, or had the virus somehow changed? or could it be both? Well it has been discovered that there is a mutation called the D614G on the Covid virus that has made it more... infectious. Everyone now knows the depiction of Covid - a roundish ball with spikes off it. Those spikes are what allow the virus to bind to and infect cells. The mutation had the effect of markedly increasing the number of functional spikes on the viral surface (upto 5 times more than the common virus) and the by-product of that is it is becoming more infectious. in March it appeared in 25% of the Samples - not... it's in 70%. it's still unknown whether this mutation is deadlier or just more infectious.
From my end, once you discover a mutation - you are a bit late since it means it must have moved around quite a bit before it gets to the patient from whom you collected samples from. What mutations are lurking around us? especially in a free-fall society that choses not to social distance or even test?
On the bright side infectiousness and mortality are not always correlated - for a virus to be infectious it must be able to stay longer in a host and let the host move around and spread it (so it does not kill the host quickly) - think of HIV for example. Deadly diseases like Ebola were not that infectious because they compromised the host really fast.
murchr
#2015 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 3:44:13 PM

When Moses Kuria mentioned it in a post yesterday, i brushed it off

Lolest!
#2016 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 3:51:42 PM

murchr wrote:

Saw it with some mbroga and ignored
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#2017 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 5:08:21 PM

Lolest! wrote:
murchr wrote:

Saw it with some mbroga and ignored

PR
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
masukuma
#2018 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 5:16:10 PM

mpobiz
#2019 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 8:59:00 PM

Now that the house on the hill has been declared a covid hotspot. It should be closed down and all its occupants should be taken to the isolation centre in KU. The house in Karen should now be declared the New white house and its main occupant be declared the leader for the next 24days.
This thing is everywhere and somehow this information validatea my 3million estimate.

Back to the above topic.
If this thing keeps on changing then the only hope is herd immunity.
Though some of you may burry their heads in the sand and pretend that they can't see that the government has already abandoned the strict measures and everything now is about 70% normal. Hotels and bars are open. I recently spent two nights in a guest house in embu( not a lodging) with bed and breakfast. I was not alone.
Your government is not telling you that it started adopting the makufuli style a long time ago.
masukuma
#2020 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 10:33:10 PM

mpobiz wrote:

Now that the house on the hill has been declared a covid hotspot. It should be closed down and all its occupants should be taken to the isolation centre in KU. The house in Karen should now be declared the New white house and its main occupant be declared the leader for the next 24days.
This thing is everywhere and somehow this information validatea my 3million estimate.

Back to the above topic.
If this thing keeps on changing then the only hope is herd immunity.
Though some of you may burry their heads in the sand and pretend that they can't see that the government has already abandoned the strict measures and everything now is about 70% normal. Hotels and bars are open. I recently spent two nights in a guest house in embu( not a lodging) with bed and breakfast. I was not alone.
Your government is not telling you that it started adopting the makufuli style a long time ago.

What I am telling you is that you may think you know COVID... but you don’t.

Quote:
US scientists have found the first direct evidence that coronavirus could infect the human brain and replicate inside its cells, heightening concern about the disease’s poorly understood neurological symptoms.

Anyway - let’s see where this recklessness will take us. Right now the music is in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan (I think I know more people there that had it than those who haven’t... no one said it was close to a “homa”). Will it blow up here? Let’s see... I saw a plane full Indians running away from Tanzania today... running away from a Covid free country to a country that’s 4th on the list of countries with Covid cases... what do I know... niko hapa kenya. Wacha tusubiri tuone ujuaji wetu utatupeleka wapi.