wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

141 Pages123>»
Coronavirus
Angelica _ann
#1 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 7:58:29 PM

With our linkage to China, what is Kenya's exposure to the virus.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
#2 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 9:37:09 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

On this, I expect the worst (fingers crossed). First, China owns us, this government is under their mercy. We therefore can't stop them from coming in. Secondly, the Chinese who China dumps into countries like Kenya are middle-lower to low class and these are the ones in those regions of where these thing is. So, I'm not very optimistic.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#3 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 9:51:17 PM

Am sure iko. You will be notified when some 50+ people fall sick
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Rahatupu
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:05:19 AM

The lock down in China will stop the spread or curtail it significantly. I don't buy @2012 dooms day worries.
madollar
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:28:24 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Whats interesting is how the virus has spread across the globe yet the first case in africa is now being investigated not even confirmed

Africa investigating first possible coronavirus case in Ivory Coast student: officials
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:52:59 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
The lock down in China will stop the spread or curtail it significantly. I don't buy @2012 dooms day worries.

Myfren, as King Kaka sung, Kenya is a province of China.

LINK Suspected case of the Corona Virus at JKIA

Do you still think it's impossible?
How do you quarantine one passenger from a plane load because he might have a highly contegious airborne virus? And the other passengers?

BBI will solve it
Angelica _ann
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:24:15 PM

2012 wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:

Myfren, as King Kaka sung, Kenya is a province of China.

LINK Suspected case of the Corona Virus at JKIA

Do you still think it's impossible?
How do you quarantine one passenger from a plane load because he might have a highly contegious airborne virus? And the other passengers?

Plus you read the story and you feel the importance our journalists/media houses give to such serious issues. Sad Sad Sad
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
wukan
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:39:41 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Plus you read the story and you feel the importance our journalists/media houses give to such serious issues. Sad Sad Sad

Ebola has been raging in the DRC and life goes on. This too shall pass...Pray
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:25:15 PM

wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

We know it will pass, but you can't compare the two. Ebola is from poor African countries, we can stop them from coming in.
But again, you could be right because sars virus has never reached here and just thinking aloud, what if Africans are immune to this Chinese viruses?Pray

BBI will solve it
wukan
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:51:52 PM

2012 wrote:
wukan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

We know it will pass, but you can't compare the two. Ebola is from poor African countries, we can stop them from coming in.
But again, you could be right because sars virus has never reached here and just thinking aloud, what if Africans are immune to this Chinese viruses?Pray

Nature was kind to africans after giving us a strong burden of pathogens. Africans have the greatest genetic diversity especially east-africans. Africans were such a small minority in the world less than 8% nature gave us genetic diversity to ensure we survive all those viruses and tropical diseases. Nature also made africans more adaptable to climate change.
murchr
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:50:07 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tycho
#12 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2020 10:15:44 AM

This virus is a good test for quality of life, even before judging health systems. Normally, a virus associated with influenza will attack when your immunity is low. If you can keep your immunity up, then it is difficult to get a cold or flu.

If this is true, then places with better quality of life will have better health systems, and less diseases. And quality of life is a cultural design. How one grows, what they pursue, what they produce... these are the keys to a robust health system.

Hence, when we say that Kenya has a weak health system, what do we mean? How can we have better medicare? It would appear that we have set our eyes on the wrong targets.
T-Bag
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 09, 2020 10:45:17 PM

Meanwhile Chinese nationals without work permits and with expired visas are busy canning nyeuthis seriously for work lateness ......then GOK screams to high heavens no virus is in this country..... which is easy to detect...corona or finding chinese without permits? chapwa gluteus maximus vizuri wajinga sisi
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 9:09:05 AM

I was watching CNN yesterday, so, this virus can have a longer incubation period than 2 weeks and also, some carriers don't display any symptoms. So with that knowledge, should we continue letting these Chinese come in in drones as is the case now, quarantine them for 2 weeks then release them into the general populous? I think we're joking with fire. I can't see us holding this thing back for long, not with our corrupt systems and especially immigration.

BBI will solve it
gk
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:24:11 PM

2012 wrote:
I was watching CNN yesterday, so, this virus can have a longer incubation period than 2 weeks and also, some carriers don't display any symptoms. So with that knowledge, should we still be let the Chinese to continue coming in in drones as is the case now, quarantine them for 2 weeks then release them into the general population? I think we're joking with fire. But I can't see us holding this back this thing for long with our corrupt systems and especially immigration.

And when they land, they're supposed to self-quarantine. The embassy will be calling to confirm they're home.
sparkly
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 7:08:47 PM

2012 wrote:
I was watching CNN yesterday, so, this virus can have a longer incubation period than 2 weeks and also, some carriers don't display any symptoms. So with that knowledge, should we still be let the Chinese to continue coming in in drones as is the case now, quarantine them for 2 weeks then release them into the general population? I think we're joking with fire. But I can't see us holding this back this thing for long with our corrupt systems and especially immigration.

19,000 Kenyans die from lack of sanitation every year. 11,000 Kenyans die from Malaria every year. This year 100,000 Kenyans might did from starvation as a result of the locust invasion.

Think about that before spreading panic about a small chinese flu.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Bigchick
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2020 7:29:34 PM

sparkly wrote:
2012 wrote:

19,000 Kenyans die from lack of sanitation every year. 11,000 Kenyans die from Malaria every year. This year 100,000 Kenyans might did from starvation as a result of the locust invasion.

Really!Where is this data from?

100,000 may die from starvationEh? Eh? Eh?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
murchr
#18 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 7:57:01 AM

Will UK risk to bring home those students? He was on BBC stating that Africa has no capacity to build a hospital in 7 days so it's best to keep the disease at bay...
Bigchick
#19 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 11:20:45 AM

murchr wrote:
Will UK risk to bring home those students? He was on BBC stating that Africa has no capacity to build a hospital in 7 days so it's best to keep the disease at bay...

No he cannot bring them.Even their own relatives are scared lest they infect everyone.

Which airline is willing to risk carrying them.

This is a tough situation for those kids.

They are down and depressed.The only thing they want is to get out of China and come home.

Picture this....no leaving your room for close to 1 month now.Food rations are over and you cannot go to buy or have someone deliver......

Looks like only devine intervention will sort this out.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
sparkly
#20 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 4:03:35 PM

Bigchick wrote:
sparkly wrote:
2012 wrote:

Really!Where is this data from?

100,000 may die from starvationEh? Eh? Eh?

Malaria deaths in Kenya

lack of sanitation deaths in Kenya - see section 4.1
Life is short. Live passionately.