wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
You never know who's swimming naked until the tide...
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:31:26 PM

Angelica _ann
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:39:02 PM

[quote=Kusadikika]goes out.

https://www.businessdail...21094-xpnkff/index.html[/quote]

Always sad!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Balaa
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:48:30 PM

[quote=Kusadikika]goes out.

Shows Amana's naivity... still burying their heads in the sand.. think CMA is their baba na mama. The dog's toothless Sad
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Balaa
#4 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 12:20:06 AM

Typical pedestrian journalism though by BD...
Amana froze the withdrawal of the portion of fund invested in Nakumatt longtime ago by classifying it as so-called Class B. A number of us got affected.
Receptor
#5 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:45:24 AM

Nakumatt, Chase Bank, Imperial Bank, ARM cement, Mabati Rolling Mills.All of these had floated a commercial paper and had fishy dealings of insider lending.

These muhindis have shafted Kenyans hard and yet they parade themselves as saints calling themselves philanthropists.Kenya is a special nation, in other jurisdictions Atul Shah would be by now serving a jail term of 150 years in Kamiti prison like Bernie Madoff.

It is obvious the Kenyan law system as structured today will never bring such criminals to book and thus Kenyans should take the law into their own hands and remove this government and purge and burn the constitution that is designed to protect thieves and allow the judiciary to be complacent and not to be accountable in the guise of being "independent". Kenyans of goodwill should match to Nairobi and burn the supreme court, parliament and statehouse.

ORGANIZE STRATEGIZE MOBILIZE....VIVA!
Swenani
#6 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:53:37 AM

Receptor wrote:

Nakumatt, Chase Bank, Imperial Bank, ARM cement, Mabati Rolling Mills.All of these had floated a commercial paper and had fishy dealings of insider lending.

These muhindis have shafted Kenyans hard and yet they parade themselves as saints calling themselves philanthropists.Kenya is a special nation, in other jurisdictions Atul Shah would be by now serving a jail term of 150 years in Kamiti prison like Bernie Madoff.

It is obvious the Kenyan law system as structured today will never bring such criminals to book and thus Kenyans should take the law into their own hands and remove this government and purge and burn the constitution that is designed to protect thieves and allow the judiciary to be complacent and not to be accountable in the guise of being "independent". Kenyans of goodwill should match to Nairobi and burn the supreme court, parliament and statehouse.

stop posting on wazua organise and mobilise from your locality, burn the chief's office, magistrates court, AP camp and we will pick up from there

ORGANISE, MOBILISE, DESPOTS and ZOMBIES must fall...VIVA
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Fyatu
#7 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 8:57:32 AM

Receptor wrote:

I like this guy...he/she thinks like me. @receptor you forgot to add the following...

Stone Maraga and all supreme court judges to death..

Organize Strategize Mobilize...VIVA!
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Receptor
#8 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 9:01:14 AM

Swenani wrote:
Receptor wrote:

stop posting on wazua organise and mobilise from your locality, burn the chief's office, magistrates court, AP camp and we will pick up from there

ORGANISE, MOBILISE, DESPOTS and ZOMBIES must fall...VIVA

My locality is hapa hapa virtual locality of Wazua....Viva!
chiaroscuro
#9 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:26:19 AM

Receptor wrote:

That's a racist statement! You are generalising based on race.

Some Indian Kenyans are very good people
Some Indian Kenyans are very bad people
Some African Kenyans are very good people
Some African Kenyans are very bad people

You are being racist when you pick examples of bad Indian Kenyans and then assume that all Indians [including the philanthropists] are bad people.

In all my life, I have interacted with very many Indian Kenyans - as neighbours, schoolmates, business associates etc. - but I have only directly encountered
one bad one. He tried to run away with my money and sued him!

winmak
#10 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 10:38:29 AM

Again I ask, for myself, if one is invested in these pooled funds, what level of access does one have in knowing where the pooled funds are invested?

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out.
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
Balaa
#11 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 11:04:07 AM

winmak wrote:
Again I ask, for myself, if one is invested in these pooled funds, what level of access does one have in knowing where the pooled funds are invested?

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out.

Well CMA doesnt obligate the unit trusts to make such disclosures the same way RBA does for pension fund managers. Even Amana's silly trustee representative had the audacity to tell members at the extraordinary general meeting that Amana is a transparent fund manager by virtue of the act of calling members to a special meeting to disclose the investment they'd made in Nakumatt.
Your only shot is to befriend a top insider for you to be forewarned. In any case such an insider would be betraying their employer's duty of confidentiality. That's how I managed to withdrawal most of my funds in Amana before the freeze. I knew the former GM personally, hence when he fell out with Amana's co-founder Hardy Pemhiwa he told me to withdrawal my funding. I first thought he was hating because of the fallout but I listened to my gut and took action, albeit late.
Angelica _ann
#12 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 11:23:13 AM

Balaa wrote:
winmak wrote:

Well CMA doesnt obligate the unit trusts to make such disclosures the same way RBA does for pension fund managers. Even Amana's silly trustee representative had the audacity to tell members at the extraordinary general meeting that Amana is a transparent fund manager by virtue of the act of calling members to a special meeting to disclose the investment they'd made in Nakumatt.
Your only shot is to befriend a top insider for you to be forewarned. In any case such an insider would be betraying their employer's duty of confidentiality. That's how I managed to withdrawal most of my funds in Amana before the freeze. I knew the former GM personally, hence when he fell out with Amana's co-founder Hardy Pemhiwa he told me to withdrawal my funding. I first thought he was hating because of the fallout but I listened to my gut and took action, albeit late.

CMA and other watchdogs in Kenya are just toothless and fraud in themselves.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
winmak
#13 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 12:08:38 PM

Balaa wrote:
winmak wrote:

Thanks @Balaa, sasa kazi ni kutafuta the top guys, I know a few, but these ones I doubt have high level info
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
sparkly
#14 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 12:44:10 PM

winmak wrote:
Balaa wrote:
winmak wrote:

Thanks @Balaa, sasa kazi ni kutafuta the top guys, I know a few, but these ones I doubt have high level info

Ask them to provide you with Fact Sheets. Fact Sheets disclose assets that the fund had invested in and the returns.

If the don't provide you with fact sheets, move your money to a more open fund.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#15 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2020 1:22:05 PM

winmak wrote:

So that's the withdrawal method I have heard about. but never managed! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Impunity
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:32:09 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
[quote=Kusadikika]

goes out.

Always sad!!!

Sad sana.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Ericsson
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:04:13 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Balaa wrote:
winmak wrote:

CMA and other watchdogs in Kenya are just toothless and fraud in themselves.

Once the people in the watchdogs get their cut, anything goes
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:05:47 AM

sparkly wrote:
winmak wrote:
Balaa wrote:
winmak wrote:

Ask them to provide you with Fact Sheets. Fact Sheets disclose assets that the fund had invested in and the returns.

If the don't provide you with fact sheets, move your money to a more open fund.

True, Kenyans trust these people too much
sparkly
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 7:36:29 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out
So that's the withdrawal method I have heard about. but never managed! Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2020 8:02:42 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
winmak wrote:

I for eg am heavily invested in CIC MMF, and would like to know quartely reports of where the pooled cash is invested, how/where do i get thet. this helps so that if i see them invest in something i dont believe in or like i can start slowly to pull out

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

If you don't believe in that thing you withdraw slowly Laughing out loudly