FUNKY
#21 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 2:02:47 PM

Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
mufasa wrote:

mwekez@ji wrote:
GENGHIS PLAYBOOK 2020…Harnessing Value

Dear Investors,

The Kenyan market still trades at a historical discount despite rally on key counters and potential downward shifts in the market will lead to attractive entry points. Valuations are still attractive for some of the counters especially stocks that missed out on last year’s rally despite their attractive prices and strong fundamentals including EABL, KenGen and KCB. Foreign investor inflow at the NSE is expected to persist during the year from stronger earnings from the key stocks and anchored by a stable currency (estimated at KES 100 - 104), which gained against USD for second year running.

On the economic front, we expect a GDP growth rate of 5.7% with expected protracted challenges in private consumption due deterioration in the business environment. Additionally, we do not see government achieve its fiscal consolidation efforts (5.6% fiscal deficit) expected at 7.0% this year.

By incorporating the key macro and corporate factors, the Genghis Capital Playbook 2020 seeks to bridge the gap between our clients and our research material. We move away from the traditional valuation reports and run our own Kenyan notional Equities and Fixed Income portfolios. These are constructed along similar mandates to those faced by our clients and the performance is tracked and our commentary along with our results published via our Genghis Weekly Report and Bloomberg terminal.

KENGEN IS A VALUE TRAP

I will say kengen is value for money currently...it is one of the cheapest share available with very good fundamentals

Good fundamentals like delayed FY results

Delayed results are due to no auditor general to sign them
xtina
#22 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 10:40:22 AM

There is a downward trend. On Jan 10th NASI was 171.36. Today 27th Jan, NASI is at 164.98. Time to load up more shares......
Ericsson
#23 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 11:02:22 AM

xtina wrote:
There is a downward trend. On Jan 10th NASI was 171.36. Today 27th Jan, NASI is at 164.98. Time to load up more shares......

Still early
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Extraterrestrial
#24 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 11:55:06 AM

Locust invasion is the worst in 70 years, almost a Biblical event.

With 34% of the economy relying on the agricultural sector (2018), food security is at risk; food inflation has already blown past a 2 year high.

Let's hope that the horticultural and tea areas remain safe because a shock reduction in export proceeds, combined with increasingly evident need for food imports will put pressure on the Shilling. Freed up money from bank lending will also increase imports.

On the plus side, bank earnings have the best chance of growing.

Telco is at risk; I just saw Telkom offering 50 GB monthly at 3k. Compare to SafariCON.

FDI inflows fell below Uganda last year, a sad event.

Manufacturing sector continues to grapple with low productivity and high costs.

Reserves will need new debt to replenish and they are already at an almost one year low. With an increasingly critical stance taken by World Bank and IMF on Kenya's debt situation, it will be hard to borrow much at commercial rates externally, concessional loans will come with some very uncomfortable conditions and domestic debt will continue to be in high demand, crowding out private sector.

Nonetheless, Safaricom and tier one banks are attractive to long-term investors on a forward PE and dividend yield basis. The entry price is what matters as you want to watch your winners play about, not your losers flop around.
Ericsson
#25 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 12:42:32 PM

Extraterrestrial wrote:

With 34% of the economy relying on the agricultural sector (2018), food security is at risk; food inflation has already blown past a 2 year high.
The cost of corruption .The government doesn't care,country is now on campaign mode courtesy of BBI

Let's hope that the horticultural and tea areas remain safe because a shock reduction in export proceeds, combined with increasingly evident need for food imports will put pressure on the Shilling. Freed up money from bank lending will also increase imports.

Explain how with job losses and auctions the order of the day

Telco is at risk; I just saw Telkom offering 50 GB monthly at 3k. Compare to SafariCON.
What about Telkom kenya data/4G/3G network coverage

Manufacturing intentionally been killed,if you want to rule people ruthlessly,make them hungry and desperate first

Reserves will need new debt to replenish and they are already at an almost one year low. With an increasingly critical stance taken by World Bank and IMF on Kenya's debt situation, it will be hard to borrow much at commercial rates externally, concessional loans will come with some very uncomfortable conditions and domestic debt will continue to be in high demand, crowding out private sector.
It will take ten years with a good leader to repair the mess created

Nonetheless, Safaricom and tier one banks are attractive to long-term investors on a forward PE and dividend yield basis. The entry price is what matters as you want to watch your winners play about, not your losers flop around.

Plus counters with low debt and expanded regionally
xtina
#26 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 1:16:22 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

The cost of corruption .The government doesn't care,country is now on campaign mode courtesy of BBI

Manufacturing intentionally been killed,if you want to rule people ruthlessly,make them hungry and desperate first

Dude you are extremely pessimistic
Ericsson
#27 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2020 4:13:47 PM

xtina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

It's the reality siste.
Talk to people in treasury and you'll literally cry.
Ebenyo
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:55:17 PM

After going through some good beatings last year in my portfolio,i have gotten rid of some companies and now it looks like this:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC
it's not perfect yet but I'm working work hard to improve.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:04:28 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
After going through some good beatings last year in my portfolio,i have gotten rid of some companies and now it looks like this:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Mention the companies you have got rid of
Ebenyo
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:05:34 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I don't intend to discourage anyone who is still holding what I discard.As you know in this market even dead stocks have owners.So no need to mention.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:43:24 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I don't intend to discourage anyone who is still holding what I discard.As you know in this market even dead stocks have owners.So no need to mention.

The Motley Fool
@themotleyfool

When you commit to holding your investments at least 5+ years, here's what happens:

(1) You buy better companies

(2) You study different data and find that the market drops 1 out of 3 years (ho hum)

(3) You make lots more money after taxes

(4) Less stress, more fun & freedom
VituVingiSana
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:28:09 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

The Motley Fool
@themotleyfool

When you commit to holding your investments at least 5+ years, here's what happens:

(1) You buy better companies

(2) You study different data and find that the market drops 1 out of 3 years (ho hum)

(3) You make lots more money after taxes

(4) Less stress, more fun & freedom
Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Swenani
#33 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:07:46 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

As an experienced NSE trader and guru, I think your portfolio is too big if you are investing for long term. But if buying for speculation(<2yrs), then the potofolio is okay.

If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mainat
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 10:42:26 AM

Why not Scangroup?
Sehemu ndio nyumba
babashuge
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2020 8:03:56 PM

Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

As an experienced NSE trader and guru, I think your portfolio is too big if you are investing for long term. But if buying for speculation(<2yrs), then the potofolio is okay.

Hmm, why is it too big for long term?
obiero
#36 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2020 11:33:35 AM

xtina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:

Understatement

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Swenani
#37 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 1:45:44 PM

babashuge wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Not sure about the value of his portfolios but my thinking is that small traders need not have more than three counters
sparkly
#38 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 6:55:25 PM

Swenani wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Not sure about the value of his portfolios but my thinking is that small traders need not have more than three counters

What do you consider a small trader?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 5:01:08 PM

sparkly wrote:
Swenani wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Minority shareholders in any company
Ericsson
#40 Posted : Wednesday, February 05, 2020 10:07:31 AM

sparkly wrote:
Swenani wrote:
babashuge wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
1.kcb
2.Centum
3.Total
4.Carbacid
5.CIC

Someone who is yet to fully understand market dynamics,detail analysis of a company's financial statements.