wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Personal Car Review
Thitifini
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:08:51 AM

sqft wrote:

Haven't watched it all, but when I see guys throwing their hands excitedly like him in the 1st 1-min, it reminds me of pyramids et.al.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Thitifini
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:14:48 AM

mpobiz wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
Has anyone got experience on the Hilux D4D 3000cc Diesel vehicles in terms on performance, economy and engine maintenance? 1KD-FTV?

Thinking of future expectations for both town drive and off-track.....

I have had the best experience with my 2012 invincible exUK. bought it in 2017 with about 120k kilometres in the adometer.A friend advised me not to buy a prado which was expensive by 1.5 to 2 mil . When I took it I only replaced the front shoks and coil springs and rear shocks and since I had loose Change i went for the best the red ones ofcos. And tyres. From then i have not had any issue with the car to date. I have had it do a road trip of almost 1000km on less than 9k of fuel. I use it as my every day car which means it has never experienced any heavy load.I use and drive it the same way you would drive a vitz. Though I have never shied away from off-road situations. So far I have done more than 65k kilometres . With a lockable canopy it means my bags or luggage are secure at the back carrier.
Though your status will dip, you really feel good driving the car. Your General happiness index will move 10 notches higher when you realize you have a car better than the the prado and still you had 2m to spare . All you have to do is to regularly service the car and don't compromise on engine oil and avoid kiosk petrol stations.

Wow @mpobiz, that's like 12kmpl! Hope to get such a good engine. Last car I did 126kms before selling, and it was in great condition as at close of last year.

On servicing, I plan to learn self-servicing just for fun and experience. Hope I I don't f@*k it up.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating