wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Personal Car Review
Thitifini
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2019 10:22:35 PM

Let us share experiences for different cars here.....I'll go first..

I have tried to compile many cars on the fuel usage per litre and this is generally what data I have on different cars.

1st car was a petrol AWD Toyota corolla 2003. Used to do 9kmpl on town drive. Didn't take it to freeways or much off road. Had many issues with diff-lock.

Belta 1300cc yom 2006, still own. Does 15-17 kmpl. The car never complains, have taken it between in country and extra-country roadtrips (mainly TZ and UG). tip top condition with low maintenance. Sluggishness observed though on cruising highways and overtaking.

Toyota Prado J95 yom 2002: diesel 3000cc, 9kmpl, very powerful car when cruising on highways/overtaking and climbing hills. Very good on off-road. Great engine, never got issues, but gearbox costed me a mountain cashload. Body though would rattle like a xxxx when on rough terrain. Mileage was 250k when I sold. Uses it only for 1.5 years.

C200 yom 2009; I consider this as a slayqueen. 12kmpl mileage, but cant get off even to the kerb in a highway, let alone go to shaggz...one time I saw dust from a Subaru on Southern Bypass despite flooring the mashine...

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
mpobiz
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:18:03 PM

My footsubishi has served me very well over the years. Slow in hilly areas but on flat surfaces the power delivery is just brilliant. About fuel it runs on about 300kal city and 1500kl highway.though sometimes perfomance is affected in weekend's. Though I would recommend good tires from brands like sketchers or addidas. You tend to use less kl on the same distance you could do if you use brands like Hugo boss.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
qooler
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:40:27 PM

There's a thread on this forum titled "Your first car" . Wazuans gave reviews and experiences. Its was so hilarious I printed the entire thread and was reading it like a novel.
Ngogoyo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 2:48:53 PM

Thitifini wrote:
Let us share experiences for different cars here.....I'll go first..

I have tried to compile many cars on the fuel usage per litre and this is generally what data I have on different cars.

1st car was a petrol AWD Toyota corolla 2003. Used to do 9kmpl on town drive. Didn't take it to freeways or much off road. Had many issues with diff-lock.

Belta 1300cc yom 2006, still own. Does 15-17 kmpl. The car never complains, have taken it between in country and extra-country roadtrips (mainly TZ and UG). tip top condition with low maintenance. Sluggishness observed though on cruising highways and overtaking.

Toyota Prado J95 yom 2002: diesel 3000cc, 9kmpl, very powerful car when cruising on highways/overtaking and climbing hills. Very good on off-road. Great engine, never got issues, but gearbox costed me a mountain cashload. Body though would rattle like a xxxx when on rough terrain. Mileage was 250k when I sold. Uses it only for 1.5 years.

C200 yom 2009; I consider this as a slayqueen. 12kmpl mileage, but cant get off even to the kerb in a highway, let alone go to shaggz...one time I saw dust from a Subaru on Southern Bypass despite flooring the mashine...

Thanks Thitifini

In the spirit of giving

Impreza 2004 model. Stable on the highway. Sluggish acceleration. Consumption it could do 12kml on the highway and 11 in town. Sold after 3 years to upgrade.
Problem with car window motor after some years of usage, a noted problem with Subrus.
Too low you feel like you are skidding on the highway d'oh!

Legacy 2.5GT. 2008 model bought the car at 170,000kms
Still use it at times and currently at 250,000kms. No engine problem whatsoever. Still feels like 7yrs old when i imported it. I had to install monroe shocks & king coils all round. Stable at corners and moving lanes, fast. on auto sport it sprints like bolt, literally. It chews hills easily.
Offroad (rural roads) not as bad but not as good as a forester or Outback. 10kml highway 9 in town.

Forester 2.5xt. Give me 6 months to finish a review

The Trezia, well its a toyota but slightly more powerful (1500cc) with extras. I have the 4wd one with the bumper sensors and steering wheel controls and fog lights. not bad for the lady of the house. Feels like a big car when driving. Stable but can do better. sport mode for overtaking if needed. Spacious too
Thitifini
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:51:06 PM

qooler wrote:
There's a thread on this forum titled "Your first car" . Wazuans gave reviews and experiences. Its was so hilarious I printed the entire thread and was reading it like a novel.

Let me check it out. Hope it does not leave one high and dry @kaigangio style...

hardwood
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:52:51 AM

Now this my V8 beast gives me 10kpl and.....................

...my E240 Mercedes slayqueen behaves nearly the same as the V8............but do I say? (just kidding)

Anyway life is more than 8yr+ jalopies.....jalopies that should be waiting to be crushed at the recycling plants due to old age and emissions that pollute the environment. FYI in other forums kwa hindernet they are discussing and buying the new 2020 car models.
brav
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 5:49:56 AM

okay, first car lancer 1998 model mechanics termed them "Madiaba" twas carb stayed with it for about 6-7 years had to part with it last year but one, extremely reliable mustve been 9km/l not very sure cant recall.

then came toyota G Touring nice car but wueeeeh if you live in Ruiru and environs dont touch that car even with a very long pole thugs get horny when they see it, well it was stolen sob ohh yeah the next topic should be insurance companies not to touch with a veryyyy looooooong pole hehehe Explico tops that list. ata IRA wanawaogopa lol.

I Quote Hardwood
Quote:
Anyway life is more than 8yr+ jalopies.....jalopies that should be waiting to be crushed at the recycling plants due to old age and emissions that pollute the environment. FYI in other forums kwa hindernet they are discussing and buying the new 2020 car models.

Gathige
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:37:01 PM

First car was a Mitsubishi Lancer, GLX. Manual drive, was doing about 10kms per litre, not very for an old car. Crushed one morning along lower Kabete road, was written off and the insurance co paid like 250k, bought a plot and took a motoring break.

Second car was a toyota GTouring, was the probox then. Imported it at circa 500k used it for 5 yrs, and sold it for 500k. Hussle free car, big nice boot for Mamas shopping, sniffed fuel like tobacco and avearged 12km/litre. Whoever said toyota's have resale value was right.

Next was a fielder 1500cc, good consumption, no issues and used it for like 5 yrs. Then one day a Maasai stops me in my local place, admires the car and asked to give me cash. initially though i was being robbed, asked we meet the following day, and pap, gives me cash and i took a matatu home. Resale value was good.

Current, Harrier 3000cc, very powerful, well raised, very silent engine, good cruise, but a guzzler. Best i have done is 12kms/litre. Feels nice on the road.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
littledove
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:56:01 PM

Gathige wrote:
First car was a Mitsubishi Lancer, GLX. Manual drive, was doing about 10kms per litre, not very for an old car. Crushed one morning along lower Kabete road, was written off and the insurance co paid like 250k, bought a plot and took a motoring break.

Second car was a toyota GTouring, was the probox then. Imported it at circa 500k used it for 5 yrs, and sold it for 500k. Hussle free car, big nice boot for Mamas shopping, sniffed fuel like tobacco and avearged 12km/litre. Whoever said toyota's have resale value was right.

Next was a fielder 1500cc, good consumption, no issues and used it for like 5 yrs. Then one day a Maasai stops me in my local place, admires the car and asked to give me cash. initially though i was being robbed, asked we meet the following day, and pap, gives me cash and i took a matatu home. Resale value was good.

Current, Harrier 3000cc, very powerful, well raised, very silent engine, good cruise, but a guzzler. Best i have done is 12kms/litre. Feels nice on the road.

how is it a guzzler doing 12km/l ? most of smaller cars above are doing almost the same 12 to 15, anyway this my dream car in few years to come i would be happy to see more reviews on this
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Thitifini
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:17:51 PM

littledove wrote:
Gathige wrote:

how is it a guzzler doing 12km/l ? most of smaller cars above are doing almost the same 12 to 15, anyway this my dream car in few years to come i would be happy to see more reviews on this

We once car-pooled in a real guzzler. Trip to Migori homabay and back cost 16k. Calculated the thing was doing 5kplSad

Gathige
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:36:11 PM

Thitifini wrote:
littledove wrote:
Gathige wrote:

We once car-pooled in a real guzzler. Trip to Migori homabay and back cost 16k. Calculated the thing was doing 5kplSad

5kpl? This would make a record in "Guinness Book of Record"
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
littledove
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:59:19 PM

Gathige wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
littledove wrote:
Gathige wrote:

this very scaring
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
AlphDoti
#13 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:56:12 PM

littledove wrote:
Gathige wrote:
Thitifini wrote:
littledove wrote:
Gathige wrote:

this very scaring

When I read @Gathige talk of 12kms/litre I wondered if he is talking about the same car. I have used a friend's Harrier 3000cc and it did about 7kms litre. My old land rover does about 5-7kms per litre and my other 2000cc vehicle does about 8 to 10 kms per litre. Hiyo ya @Gathige ni urongo mtupu.
AlphDoti
#14 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 12:58:21 PM

I just think @Gathige is taking us for a ride here. Only people who have never owned vehicles would believe his stories on consumption. Or he does not know what he is talking about.
geofreygachie
#15 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 3:46:49 PM

My first car was a Toyota Starlet EP91 , got it through a Wazuan.Had it for 2 years hivi .Sold it to top up and pay for a Honda Fit GD1 kwa jamaa alikuwa na loan ya Equity .Still running well i am used to .The Fit averages 15.5Km/L in my daily Ruiru - Westlands daily drives.
Divers - can you laugh in scuba gear, or will you drown? I was wondering. - James May.
Thitifini
#16 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2019 8:17:05 PM

Has anyone got experience on the Hilux D4D 3000cc Diesel vehicles in terms on performance, economy and engine maintenance? 1KD-FTV?

Thinking of future expectations for both town drive and off-track.....

Rankaz13
#17 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2020 12:32:08 PM

Thitifini wrote:
Has anyone got experience on the Hilux D4D 3000cc Diesel vehicles in terms on performance, economy and engine maintenance? 1KD-FTV?

Same engine on the Toyota Hiace H200 model. Be kind to it, don't scrimp on maintenance and it should serve you well. If buying new, you may opt for the even newer 2GD-FTV engine.
Life is like playing a violin solo in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
Thitifini
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2020 11:53:31 AM

Rankaz13 wrote:
Thitifini wrote:

Same engine on the Toyota Hiace H200 model. Be kind to it, don't scrimp on maintenance and it should serve you well. If buying new, you may opt for the even newer 2GD-FTV engine.

Thanks Rankaz. It's 1kd option.

mpobiz
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 2:10:04 AM

Thitifini wrote:

I have had the best experience with my 2012 invincible exUK. bought it in 2017 with about 120k kilometres in the adometer.A friend advised me not to buy a prado which was expensive by 1.5 to 2 mil . When I took it I only replaced the front shoks and coil springs and rear shocks and since I had loose Change i went for the best the red ones ofcos. And tyres. From then i have not had any issue with the car to date. I have had it do a road trip of almost 1000km on less than 9k of fuel. I use it as my every day car which means it has never experienced any heavy load.I use and drive it the same way you would drive a vitz. Though I have never shied away from off-road situations. So far I have done more than 65k kilometres . With a lockable canopy it means my bags or luggage are secure at the back carrier.
Though your status will dip, you really feel good driving the car. Your General happiness index will move 10 notches higher when you realize you have a car better than the the prado and still you had 2m to spare . All you have to do is to regularly service the car and don't compromise on engine oil and avoid kiosk petrol stations.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
sqft
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:40:52 PM

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.