wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages<12345>»
Why I reject the BBI
tom_boy
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:56:13 AM

Njunge wrote:
githundi wrote:
This heading should now change.. BBI met expectations of those antiBBI.. and now most are behind it.

What expectations have been met? Has corruption been addressed? Has the economy been addressed?. Thats what I want to hear.The rest is nothing but nonsense!!

This BBI will change nothing. I like the fake version.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
limanika
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:51:45 PM

Queen wrote:
limanika wrote:
The political reality right now is that if Rao, UK and now WSR support BBI report, then its most likely a done deal.

In that case, post 22' Rao will either be PORK or PM. Same case for WSR. What?!

How now? If the PM should come from the majority party in parliament, how is your assertion likely to happen given that the President's party is always likely to have majority seats in parliament. Forget about the 2007 situation, that was an anomaly.

The vote tally difference btwn UK and Rao didn't necessarily correspond to the difference in parliamentary seat tally coz of the skewed distribution of constituencies. So, if in 22 run-off Rao can maintain his 2017 bases and add sizeable chunk from my Kenya, he can easily carry the day as pork even if WSR were to get majority in Parliament in which case he becomes PM. Don't also rule out the converse
gk
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:58:13 PM

Did i read BBI has proposed removal of Boxing Day?
Gathige
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:04:15 PM

limanika wrote:
Queen wrote:
limanika wrote:
The political reality right now is that if Rao, UK and now WSR support BBI report, then its most likely a done deal.

In that case, post 22' Rao will either be PORK or PM. Same case for WSR. What?!

How now? If the PM should come from the majority party in parliament, how is your assertion likely to happen given that the President's party is always likely to have majority seats in parliament. Forget about the 2007 situation, that was an anomaly.

The vote tally difference btwn UK and Rao didn't necessarily correspond to the difference in parliamentary seat tally coz of the skewed distribution of constituencies. So, if in 22 run-off Rao can maintain his 2017 bases and add sizeable chunk from my Kenya, he can easily carry the day as pork even if WSR were to get majority in Parliament in which case he becomes PM. Don't also rule out the converse

And now BBI has recommended the current constituencies be protected.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
kaka2za
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:07:11 PM

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Mastermind
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:27:05 PM

gk wrote:
Did i read BBI has proposed removal of Boxing Day?

Not abolish. Rename it, i think Moi day would have been a better day for National Culture Day.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Kusadikika
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:49:57 PM

Uhuru is very naughty!! He is a political animal!!

Kusadikika
#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:54:56 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Uhuru is very naughty!! He is a political animal!!

Ruto thought he was a shrewd schemer ona sasa ametoa handkerchief.

That Murkomen move did not go down well.

Amores
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 4:18:52 PM

@ Kusadikika, actually it went down well depending on the side of the political divide you are on. I see KOT asking why Junet turned the event into an ODM event.I like that Murkomen stood his ground even when Junet looked like he wanted to take away the mic- like because people were booing and jeering, Murkomen shouldn't continue to speak. At times, it take courage, matope kidogo to refuse kubebwa ufala.
The choice of Junet as the MC was a wrong move, if they truly wanted to have a neutral launch ,they would have chosen a different MC, not someone who will keep taunting the other faction and who is known to be a OBM mouth piece/ sycophant.

Having said that, it seems Ruto has decided not to be involved in opposing BBI, he knows it is a trap. I think that's a good move. Let it debated and let the people decide.
I am happy
alma1
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:27:59 PM

BBI just made everyone know how naked this tangatanga fellas really are.

Yaani you oppose for sijui 6 months screaming raira raira raira. When it comes out you ati support.

Yaani the look at Rutos face when Uhunye was laughing his guts out was just something else. hehehehe.

Let me tell something to tangatanga. Hii kitu kweli ni tsunami. If you are in a weak party like tanga tanga, wewe kwisha.

I can still see Uhunye laughing out LOUD at those who were recently crying anti -bbi like Murkomen.

Let them go back to URP I can't see them doing much in Jubilee. Wakatangetange.

Kimeanzakueleweka.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

Amores
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:15:16 PM

alma1 wrote:
BBI just made everyone know how naked this tangatanga fellas really are.

Yaani you oppose for sijui 6 months screaming raira raira raira. When it comes out you ati support.

Yaani the look at Rutos face when Uhunye was laughing his guts out was just something else. hehehehe.

Let me tell something to tangatanga. Hii kitu kweli ni tsunami. If you are in a weak party like tanga tanga, wewe kwisha.

I can still see Uhunye laughing out LOUD at those who were recently crying anti -bbi like Murkomen.

Let them go back to URP I can't see them doing much in Jubilee. Wakatangetange.

Kimeanzakueleweka.

It is obvious that the debate will centre around the new structure of government, hence some political realignments, Actually it is just a matter of time, then we will see the lineup for 2022.

I think Ruto feels he won the election to be DP, hence will stay until the very end. The other option would be to say enough of the humiliation in the hands of clowns like Junet and walk out
I am happy
Obi 1 Kanobi
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:16:33 PM

Why does Kenya's leadership initiatives have to be about political positioning and elections. Why can't we one day have a national dialogue to address Food security or universal healthcare or education for all, how about discussing unemployment and youth capacity building.

I am depressed, I hope this document never see the light of day. It has got no content for ordinary Kenyans.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
Amores
#53 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:30:25 PM

Who has the report? I am just reading bits and pieces from the internet.
I am happy
Njunge
#54 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:34:26 PM

I don't get this cultural day thing. It's Xmas, I am home or visiting folks back in Nyandarua. I am supposed to travel the following day to go see how Akina Angela cook omena in Migori or visit Newfarer in Makueni to learn those acrobatic Akamba dance or stuff. It's impractical whatever it's meant to achieve and I just can't see how it going to help. I think we just wasted money on a raft of daft recommendations.
thuks
#55 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:43:31 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Why does Kenya's leadership initiatives have to be about political positioning and elections. Why can't we one day have a national dialogue to address Food security or universal healthcare or education for all, how about discussing unemployment and youth capacity building.

I am depressed, I hope this document never see the light of day. It has got no content for ordinary Kenyans.

Those dear policies require leadership, once that is sorted, they'll be dealt with. I hope to get a 'real copy' of the report to check whether the country is headed there before I decide one way or the other
I care!
kaka2za
#56 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:01:05 PM

Amores wrote:

Iko hapa
(James Russell Rowell)
Fyatu
#57 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:26:40 PM

I watched the BBI function at Bomas using my Muhindi's internet. However, i got it a bit late and found Joho speaking. There is one speaker that spoke a whole deal of sense whom i expected wazuans to have immortalised in these wazua pages by now.

The name of the gentleman is Palamagamba Kabudi who is Tanzania Foreign affairs minister. Tanzania once again proves that it is the big brother of East Africa.

My take home message from all who spoke was that:
1. BBI is meant to bring cohesion amongst Kenyans. Tribalism is our problem and Kenyans should wake up from slumber and start seeing each other as brothers and sisters and not as okuyos,jaluos and Jibanas.

I fully support BBI.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Amores
#58 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:47:31 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Amores wrote:

Iko hapa

Thank you!

I have skimmed through it, sorry but what was all the smoke, thunder, fire, Tsunami all about? I heard some leaders saying maybe a referendum will be needed. For what ? some recommendations read like what you would find in common policy and guideline documents, some already exist, we are just NOT implementing them. So another report will not make us to implement. So how is this different from Kregler, Ndungu report etc? What a waste of time!

Then to the point about PM position - which is what was causing joto. How does the current recommendation address winner takes it all when the president is in charge of appointing him/ her from the majority party in Bunge? Or did I miss something .

One thing all medics are happy about is the Health Commission to over see HR while county thieves oversee service provision.

Twendeni kazi basi

@ Bigchic, kwani uko wapi siku hizi? I want to buy you a drink in December.
I am happy
Lolest!
#59 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:57:58 PM

I don't see how Ruto would lose if these BB proposals are effected

He has campaigned for presidency- the directly elected one- and BB still has the same with executive power and with a PM that the president can fire

Away from the fixation with the executive, I think that part for counties is the biggest plus in this report. 35% allocation is mzuri sana. Central government needs to release all intra county roads to our devolved units
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
kaka2za
#60 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:58:04 PM

Fyatu wrote:
I watched the BBI function at Bomas using my Muhindi's internet. However, i got it a bit late and found Joho speaking. There is one speaker that spoke a whole deal of sense whom i expected wazuans to have immortalised in these wazua pages by now.

The name of the gentleman is Palamagamba Kabudi who is Tanzania Foreign affairs minister. Tanzania once again proves that it is the big brother of East Africa.

My take home message from all who spoke was that:
1. BBI is meant to bring cohesion amongst Kenyans. Tribalism is our problem and Kenyans should wake up from slumber and start seeing each other as brothers and sisters and not as okuyos,jaluos and Jibanas.

I fully support BBI.

Tz and Senegal are arguably the most politically stable countries in Africa though not necessarily the best in other areas.
(James Russell Rowell)