wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages<1234>»
Why I reject the BBI
#21 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 3:37:25 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Quick question...

Will the BBI be presented to Kenyans in the form of referendum questions or will it be discussed in parliament and exposed to a vote on the floor of the house?

That's the thing, sadly, we don't know the content of BBI meaning we can't even tell if it requires a referendum or minor amends by parliament according to Artical 255 of the constitution.

(1) A proposed amendment to this Constitution shall be enacted in accordance with Article 256 or 257, and approved in accordance with clause (2) by a referendum, if the amendment relates to any of the following matters–--

(a) the supremacy of this Constitution;
(b) the territory of Kenya;
(c) the sovereignty of the people;
(d) the national values and principles of governance referred to in Article 10 (2) (a) to (d);
(e) the Bill of Rights;
(f) the term of office of the President;
(g) the independence of the Judiciary and the commissions and independent offices to which Chapter Fifteen applies;
(h) the functions of Parliament;
(i) the objects, principles and structure of devolved government; or
(j) the provisions of this Chapter.

(2) A proposed amendment shall be approved by a referendum under clause (1) if–--

(a) at least twenty per cent of the registered voters in each of at least half of the counties vote in the referendum;
and
(b) the amendment is supported by a simple majority of the citizens voting in the referendum.

(3) An amendment to this Constitution that does not relate to a matter specified in clause (1) shall be enacted either--

(a) by Parliament, in accordance with Article 256; or
(b) by the people and Parliament, in accordance with Article 257.

BBI will solve it
:)
Josey
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:50:13 PM

2012 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Quick question...

Will the BBI be presented to Kenyans in the form of referendum questions or will it be discussed in parliament and exposed to a vote on the floor of the house?

That's the thing, sadly, we don't know the content of BBI meaning we can't even tell if it requires a referendum or minor amends by parliament according to Artical 255 of the constitution.

(1) A proposed amendment to this Constitution shall be enacted in accordance with Article 256 or 257, and approved in accordance with clause (2) by a referendum, if the amendment relates to any of the following matters–--

(d) the national values and principles of governance referred to in Article 10 (2) (a) to (d);
(e) the Bill of Rights;
(g) the independence of the Judiciary and the commissions and independent offices to which Chapter Fifteen applies;

(2) A proposed amendment shall be approved by a referendum under clause (1) if–--

(a) at least twenty per cent of the registered voters in each of at least half of the counties vote in the referendum;
and
(b) the amendment is supported by a simple majority of the citizens voting in the referendum.

(3) An amendment to this Constitution that does not relate to a matter specified in clause (1) shall be enacted either--

If this what the katiba says then DEFINITELY UhuRaila have the script already written...it shall PASS in parliament with flying colours. The HUSTLER nation will be forced to mobilize crowds for MAPAMBANO in the streets led by King Hustler...Then HAPPY ENDINGS for Bondo guy..
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:07:48 PM

Josey wrote:
2012 wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Quick question...

(e) the Bill of Rights;

and

If this what the katiba says then DEFINITELY UhuRaila have the script already written...it shall PASS in parliament with flying colours. The HUSTLER nation will be forced to mobilize crowds for MAPAMBANO in the streets led by King Hustler...Then HAPPY ENDINGS for Bondo guy..

Hustler is clever. He can't go to the streets, he gets other idiots like Ichunguwa to do his dirty work.

BBI will solve it
:)
rurinjaa
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2019 4:19:42 AM

Well, it looks like there are pple who already know the contents of the report. From the word go lectures started on why we should support BBI and at some point a brigade pushed for money to be set aside in the budget for a referendum and on the opposite side there is a call for rejection of the initiative. Why didn’t we adopt the parliamentary system in 2010, M2 and those in former PM office were as surprised as the rest of us then the stars were aligned and probably someone wanted to inherit the presidential powers as were, now the shoe is on the other side. They gave what they should not have given and the side that was for presidential now have it and it will not be a walk in the park to get the parliamentary system but then so did the chaos of 2008 were fermented and inocubated from 2005 referendum . . . Or may be we are all wrong and BBI is the medicine the doctor prescribed!
FRM2011
#25 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:03:41 AM

Looking at the 9-point communique from the president when he set up BBI, I predict this report will change the structure of our governance systems radically.

It will be impossible for the likes of sonko to vie in future.

Lolest!
#26 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 2:05:38 PM

Watu wa Nyiri kina alma na frm2011,
your relatives here
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mpobiz
#27 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:09:24 PM

Lolest! wrote:
your relatives here

Ground iko sambamba
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Angelica _ann
#28 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:24:11 PM

mpobiz wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
your relatives here

Ground iko sambamba

Very strong kabisa!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Amores
#29 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:35:00 PM

So ni nini iko kwa hii PPI?
I am happy
Lolest!
#30 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:36:26 PM

Who has a link to the report? There seems to be a bonoko one doing rounds
Amores
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 7:01:06 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Who has a link to the report? There seems to be a bonoko one doing rounds

I have seen one which maybe is bonoko as it talks about premier position and about regional bosses for devolution. Nonsense!!. I had to go and dig this one up

https://www.youtube.com/...M_Ckr5ciuWM&t=1116s

move to 17.00 minutes .I agree!
I am happy
Thitifini
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:55:10 PM

What if the guys propose two or three options for change of governance (all which favour the oligarchy) then push through a referendum?

It would mean whichever way we vote (or not vote) we are screwed.

The sheep would as usual politic throughout such a smokescreen, believing they are doing their duty....

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Lolest!
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:06:44 PM

Kumbe we may not need a referendum,!
limanika
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 7:03:08 AM

The political reality right now is that if Rao, UK and now WSR support BBI report, then its most likely a done deal.

In that case, post 22' Rao will either be PORK or PM. Same case for WSR. What?!
kingfisher
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:09:00 AM

So much was spent in drafting this shit? I hear 11B. That means it was a project to get some chums into some guys pockets. Hii Kenya tulirogwa
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Queen
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:56:21 AM

limanika wrote:
The political reality right now is that if Rao, UK and now WSR support BBI report, then its most likely a done deal.

In that case, post 22' Rao will either be PORK or PM. Same case for WSR. What?!

How now? If the PM should come from the majority party in parliament, how is your assertion likely to happen given that the President's party is always likely to have majority seats in parliament. Forget about the 2007 situation, that was an anomaly.
FRM2011
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:13:10 AM

kingfisher wrote:
So much was spent in drafting this shit? I hear 11B. That means it was a project to get some chums into some guys pockets. Hii Kenya tulirogwa

Boss, we agreed to leave these type of wild claims to facebook and alai.

Where did you get 11B from ?
Most independent commisions have an annual budget of less than 1B.

Even if each taskforce member were being paid a million per working day, the total would be less than 2B.
githundi
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:40:11 AM

This heading should now change.. BBI met expectations of those antiBBI.. and now most are behind it.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
Njunge
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:45:47 AM

githundi wrote:
This heading should now change.. BBI met expectations of those antiBBI.. and now most are behind it.

What expectations have been met? Has corruption been addressed? Has the economy been addressed?. Thats what I want to hear.The rest is nothing but nonsense!!
githundi
#40 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:55:29 AM

Njunge wrote:
githundi wrote:

What expectations have even met? Has corruption been addressed? Has the economy been addressed?. Thats what I want to hear.The rest is nothing but nonsense!!

Those are the expectations of Wanjiku..I included. The reality is that BBI is more about the political class which is now in unison
Democracy does not belong to the dead