(James Russell Rowell)
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 5:50:59 PM

kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:

Peter Ndegwa - New Safaricom CEO

Rink...

Time to sell. Nywele ngumu hasara!

Welcome Ndegwa to the Safcom family. Relax, even Bob was nywele ngumu and his replaced has dealt with mizunungus enough. Time to bring his skills and competencies to motherland.

Don't sell.... 5 months to go. Huyu atatufikisha +60 bob.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:03:30 PM

kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:

Rink...

He will be more ceremonial as vodafone calls the shots undercover
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Kusadikika
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:18:41 PM

Kwanini anaanza kazi April Fools day?
Kusadikika
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:26:42 PM

I don't envy this guy. If you know this man personally as a friend just give him a lot of moral support, he will need it. Mkikutana na yeye don't talk about biashara, just ask him how he is doing or discuss things like football or food or music or movies.

This man is about to be thrown to the sharks. I hope he has a hard heart because his phone will never stop ringing. I hope he has good family support because scandals will be manufactured for him.

Hiyo kazi siwezi chukua even if they promise me what. I would never want to be in charge of a trillion shilling company in a country ya mabroker like Kenya.
Fyatu
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:39:36 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Kwanini anaanza kazi April Fools day?

Probably so that MJ can weather the Telkom-airtel merger storm coming Safaricom's way soon. Also, so that he can handover properly where is currently working...ni maoni tu.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Kusadikika
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 7:31:36 PM

https://citizentv.co.ke/...w-safaricom-ceo-290940/

Peter Ndegwa, the Diageo Continental Europe Managing Director, was on Thursday named the new Safaricom Chief Executive Officer (CEO).

Mr. Ndegwa, whose term begins on April 1, 2020, is set to replace former CEO Bob Collymore who succumbed to cancer in July this year.

Little is however known about the new most powerful telco boss in the country who has been at the helm of British alcoholic beverages company Diageo since July 2018.

Mr. Ndegwa is an alumni of Starehe Boys Centre, from where he pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Nairobi before proceeding to the London Business School for his MBA.

He is also a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).

Mr. Ndegwa, following completion of his MBA, took on key assignments in corporate advisory and project management at leading European and American banks and insurance businesses.

Three years later, he transitioned from the Accountancy practice to the Consulting and Corporate Finance Unit at PwC.

Mr. Ndegwa returned to Kenya in 2002 and worked on several corporate advisory assignments, mostly in the financial services sector, providing services such as; strategic transaction advice, due diligence, valuation, financial planning and modelling, and significant project leadership and management.

He afterwards joined East African Breweries Limited (EABL), a Diageo subsidiary based in Nairobi, as Strategy Director in 2004; a role in which he steered the development of an affordable beer strategy which saw the creation of Senator Keg.

Senator keg, according to a profile sent to newsrooms, has since gone on to become one of Kenya’s and Diageo’s most iconic beer brands and was recently featured in the Harvard Business Review.

Mr. Ndegwa, during his stint at EABL, was also credited with leading significant business development agendas including the acquisition of Serengeti Breweries Limited, a major subsidiary in Tanzania, and unwounding a complex shareholding structure with SAB Miller (now ABI) in both Kenya and Tanzania.

In 2011, he was dispatched to Guinness Ghana Breweries plc and later Guinness Nigeria plc, both Diageo subsidiaries, where he served as CEO.

He left Nigeria for his current role as Diageo Continental Europe MD in July 2018 where he has since been overseeing business operations in 50 countries in Western and Eastern Europe, as well as Russia, the Middle East and North Africa region.

Mr. Ndegwa is married with one child and draws his inspiration from his teachers in primary school, Dr. Geoffrey Griffin — the late founder of Starehe Boys Centre — his alma mater, and his parents especially his mother.

“Instead of just looking at what governments can do, we need to acknowledge that large organisations can improve society and shift how people think and feel. For me, this is about working with others to build sustainable businesses that can make a difference in people’s lives,” said Mr. Ndegwa following his appointment.
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:04:35 PM

kaka2za wrote:
2012 wrote:

Rink...

Please sell and more importantly, get your friends and families to sell too, we'll be waiting for the price drop hapa chini.

BBI will solve it
:)
Forester
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:07:47 PM

Bye bye Safaricom Jazz Festival.Sad

Hello Mugithii Nights smile smile smile
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
hardwood
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:15:07 PM

He is extremely qualified and experienced for the job. If he has been managing Diageo in over 50 countries in Europe then the safaricom job is a walk in the park for him.

Quote:
He left Nigeria for his current role as Diageo Continental Europe MD in July 2018 where he has since been overseeing business operations in 50 countries in Western and Eastern Europe, as well as Russia, the Middle East and North Africa region.
Lolest!
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:51:24 PM

Quote:
I can't blame Kenyans that are sceptical about a fellow Kenyan taking over as Safaricom CEO.
We have an established history of destroying anything put in our hands as Kenyans....
In my life in the Business Desk, I sadly watched as big names with impressive CVS brought down mega brands.
Booker Tate managed Mumias Sugar since 1976, and made it the envy of Africa. People used to come all the from Egypt to study how to manage Sugar Factories. It was handed over to indigenous Kenyans with some of the best CVS, and we all saw how impressive CVS of Kidero and Kebati destroyed it.
I was passionate about Uchumi Supermarket, and I doubt whether anyone ever did more investigative stories on Uchimi's collapse.
My stories led to the arrest of Kirubi and former KCB CEO Terry Davidson.
Suresh Shah was Uchumi CEO for several years, and by the time he was leaving, Uchumi had solid cash deposits of sh 2 billion.... Yes 2 billion in the year 2000, when the shilling was still strong. That is the kind of money that made any powerful person salivate. Kenneth Thairu took over, under the chairmanship of Chris Kirubi in February 2001. He was the CEO of British Firm Johnson Wax, and previously worked as head of Sales of Unilever for 10 years. Everyone said that he would make Uchumi great.
But by 2004, I was writing about mega scandals in Uchumi. How the cash reserves of 2 billion was blown away in 4 years will remain one of the mysteries of the century.
You can add more companies you know.

But history proves that Kenyans with Good CVS are some of the worst destroyers of stable companies.
I don't know whether it is deep seated greed, or returning favor to the powers that squeezed you into the post..... But I do not have a positive vibe about a Kenyan taking over Safaricom.
Maybe I will be proven wrong.... Or maybe I will be proven right.
Time will tell.

By Gordon Opiyo on FB
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Fyatu
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:45:50 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
https://citizentv.co.ke/news/profile-meet-peter-ndegwa-the-man-who-brought-you-senator-keg-now-safaricom-ceo-290940/

Peter Ndegwa, the Diageo Continental Europe Managing Director, was on Thursday named the new Safaricom Chief Executive Officer (CEO).

Mr. Ndegwa, whose term begins on April 1, 2020, is set to replace former CEO Bob Collymore who succumbed to cancer in July this year.

Little is however known about the new most powerful telco boss in the country who has been at the helm of British alcoholic beverages company Diageo since July 2018.

Mr. Ndegwa is an alumni of Starehe Boys Centre, from where he pursued a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Nairobi before proceeding to the London Business School for his MBA.

He is also a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).

Mr. Ndegwa, following completion of his MBA, took on key assignments in corporate advisory and project management at leading European and American banks and insurance businesses.

Three years later, he transitioned from the Accountancy practice to the Consulting and Corporate Finance Unit at PwC.

Mr. Ndegwa returned to Kenya in 2002 and worked on several corporate advisory assignments, mostly in the financial services sector, providing services such as; strategic transaction advice, due diligence, valuation, financial planning and modelling, and significant project leadership and management.

He afterwards joined East African Breweries Limited (EABL), a Diageo subsidiary based in Nairobi, as Strategy Director in 2004; a role in which he steered the development of an affordable beer strategy which saw the creation of Senator Keg.

Senator keg, according to a profile sent to newsrooms, has since gone on to become one of Kenya’s and Diageo’s most iconic beer brands and was recently featured in the Harvard Business Review.

Mr. Ndegwa, during his stint at EABL, was also credited with leading significant business development agendas including the acquisition of Serengeti Breweries Limited, a major subsidiary in Tanzania, and unwounding a complex shareholding structure with SAB Miller (now ABI) in both Kenya and Tanzania.

In 2011, he was dispatched to Guinness Ghana Breweries plc and later Guinness Nigeria plc, both Diageo subsidiaries, where he served as CEO.

Mr. Ndegwa is married with one child and draws his inspiration from his teachers in primary school, Dr. Geoffrey Griffin — the late founder of Starehe Boys Centre — his alma mater, and his parents especially his mother.

“Instead of just looking at what governments can do, we need to acknowledge that large organisations can improve society and shift how people think and feel. For me, this is about working with others to build sustainable businesses that can make a difference in people’s lives,” said Mr. Ndegwa following his appointment.

Ian Omondi of Citizen news should have been decent enough to acknowledge that he has copy-pasted an interview conducted earlier by Jackson Biko of Business daily.

LINK

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:12:23 PM

This self hate by Kenyans is too much. With such inferiority complex can these loser dads ever motivate their kids to be the best in the world....and aim to run top firms like Diageo Europe, or safaricom?

Am sure that there would have be no complaints if safaricom had collected some mzungu high school drop out from the streets of London to come and run the company. Didn't they all praise the black British high school drop out Bob Collymore? And now they dont believe that a kenyan MBA with extensive international experience spanning all the way to Europe can run the local mobile phone company?
hardwood
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:23:14 PM

He doesn't need safaricom, it's safaricom that needs him....

gazeti wrote:
When Safaricom was born 19 years ago, Peter Ndegwa was working as a Valuation and Strategy department Manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers in London.

Kusadikika
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:32:19 PM

hardwood wrote:
This self hate by Kenyans is too much. With such inferiority complex can these loser dads ever motivate their kids to be the best in the world....and aim to run top firms like Diageo Europe, or safaricom?

Am sure that there would have be no complaints if safaricom had collected some mzungu high school drop out from the streets of London to come and run the company. Didn't they all praise the black British high school drop out Bob Collymore? And now they dont believe that a kenyan MBA with extensive international experience spanning all the way to Europe can run the local mobile phone company?

Running Diageo in Europe is very easy, it is just business. Running Safaricom will be siasa from day one. I can assure you in his first month he will receive calls from Sonko who will first ask for favors, somea him, threaten him, insult him, record the phone conversation and post in on twitter, Atwoli will call him shenzi, Baba will also call, Ruto.....

Then there will be Bob Collymore's boys club..... unafikiri walikuwa marafiki wa Collymore kwa sababu ya sura yake... these guys need those connections and I am sure they are already calling.

Halafu there will be his classmates from nursery school mpaka University. I am sure there are more than 1000 people today who on reading the news proclaimed loudly for all to hear, "Ndegwa ni my friend muno, twathomaga nake" (Ndegwa is a very good friend of mine, we used to read (go to school) together).

No Kenyan has ever led a Kenyan company with 250 billion shillings in revenue. It is almost equivalent to what the 47 governors combined control na ndio huwa wanaturingia. I really sympathise with Ndegwa. I would never want to be in that position. I hope he does well.
Rollins
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 10:59:16 PM

Of Course Equity is where it is courtesy of the Mizungu CEOs
Even a BrOKeN clock is right twice a day
sitaki.kujulikana
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:22:30 PM

Rollins wrote:
Of Course Equity is where it is courtesy of the Mizungu CEOs

smile world Bank smile
murchr
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:58:02 PM

Congratulations to Mr. Ndegwa. If it was not a Kenyan then it would have been a S.African. I'd rather a Kenyan anytime
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Kusadikika
#20 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 12:31:34 AM

This guy has been appointed just in time to be struck by lightning. He is walking into a perfect storm. Safaricom and banks are the only companies in Kenya making money everyone else is suffering and things are about to get worse. Payments for the Suswa-Duka Moja SGR will more than triple in the next 3 years most likely with zero revenue. KRA will be squeezing for more money and then we have a referendum and an election coming up.

Those Vodacom guys of course know all these macroeconomic factors and I think they knew hard times were coming. So they did what all smart investors do; they got their money out. Check out Safaricom's dividend payout over the last 5 years. They have been getting more and more generous. Everyone has completely recouped their investment from dividend payments only and whatever capital they hold is a bonus. Even Bob Collymore before he died was on his way out.

These guys have seen the gathering clouds ahead and have appointed a Kenyan to stand in the rain.