wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
JKIA-James Gichuru rd Express way project
Fyatu
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:56:00 PM

I have looked at the proposed road. I looked again and again but did not see space for Bus Rapid Transport(BRT) or light rail.

I wager that after 4 years of use, the minister for transport will paint the road pink to demarcate space for BRT after it becomes obvious that the road has not solved traffic problem just like it has become obvious that Thika road does not solve traffic as long as matatus drop and pick passengers vi mandazi mandazi everywhere and pedestrians crossing the road kila mahali fwaaah like scared Zebras in manyani.

The stretch is 27 kilometers. Outering road(13 kilometers) took almost 7 years to complete.I wager this road will take 15 years to complete and will cause serious pain for Kenyans in terms of Traffic jam.

Having looked at the road designs, I have a lot of questions about how cabinet meetings in Kenya are carried out.

1. Do ministers give their opinion/suggestions ama its a monologue where Uhunye speaks for two hours straight like an old female biology teacher in a boys high school where no one is allowed to ask questions lest the old lady yanks them out of class/cabinet meeting. Or is it that our ministers don't think or are not exposed to the ways of non-shithole nations?

2. The current cabinet is made up of a couple of Phd holders suggesting it is full of intellectuals. How then is it that someone has not pointed out to Uhunye that the reason why Thika road failed flat is because of that bottleneck hapo Koja mosque whereby 10 lanes suddenly become one.Another reason why Thika road and outering roads failed flat is the small matter of pedestrians and the very dumb move of erecting speedbumbs on an express way.How can an express way have speedbumbs??Is this not stupidity?

3. Will that stage hapo GM and many more hapo South C and Nyayo still exist that cause Traffic Jam everyday?Will there be traffick cops causing Jam by needlessly stopping vehicles on the expressway as they do hapo Thika road?

4. What about jay walkers? Hapo globe cinema you find peculiar Kenyans on foot kwa barabara ya gorofa. Surely, even Nigerians are not this washamba.I wager you will find Kenyans jay walking kwa barabara ya gorofa kuelekea Westy.

5. Did Alfie Mutua of Machakos suggest to the president the need of having all matatus from DC, Kitui, Macha, Wote etc terminating at Syokimau and then passengers boarding BRT straight to Ilovi just like a nation Kenyans view with contempt(Tanzania) has done in Ubungo/Dar?

6. What about the small issue of Wachuuzi wadogo wadogo(all due respect) and lorries and cars packing on the road as they do on outering road hapo Kariobangi and traders selling their wares on the road as they do in Githurai?

This road will prove once again that Kenya is a top shithole nation which squanders opportunity to solve basic problems as traffick over and over again.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:05:48 PM

It looks good to me...

Fyatu
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:14:10 PM

From the images, there is no allocation of BRT. Also what happens to those footbridges that cost tax payers billions of shillings?

The images look pretty without matatus...insert matatus hapo and see the pain heading your way.Also insert Kenyans selling all manner of things below the road and if that is not enough insert "Ask-for-transport" lorries, trackters, taxis packed hapo

The Chinese are very smart. They finally get an expressway to GTC towers(China's headquarters of Africa).
FundamentAli
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:19:25 PM

Fyatu wrote:
From the images, there is no allocation of BRT. Also what happens to those footbridges that cost tax payers billions of shillings?

The images look pretty without matatus...insert matatus hapo and see the pain heading your way.Also insert Kenyans selling all manner of things below the road and if that is not enough insert "Ask-for-transport" lorries, trackters, taxis packed hapo

The Chinese are very smart. They finally get an expressway to GTC towers(China's headquarters of Africa).

There is a BRT systwm. Look up the images. Second from top
Fyatu
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:26:04 PM

FundamentAli wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

There is a BRT systwm. Look up the images. Second from top

You are right.. thanks. But other questions remain unanswered
tinker
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:14:05 PM

hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

so the Express way will have Round-about?. this is strange.
Round-abouts are known major cause of traffic jam.
Developed countries are doing away with them in favor of properly marked and managed Crossroads.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
AlphDoti
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:31:51 PM

tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

Developed countries are doing away with them in favor of properly marked and managed Crossroads.

@tinker think! The overpass is going to ease the jam on the roundabout. Don't you see?
murchr
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:48:43 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

@tinker think! The overpass is going to ease the jam on the roundabout. Don't you see?

That roundabout up there is useless and possibly dangerous. They should have express lanes and diverting/exit lanes
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kawi254
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:27:34 PM

murchr wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

That roundabout up there is useless and possibly dangerous. They should have express lanes and diverting/exit lanes

The Expressway is JKIA <-> James Gichuru so roundabout at the end of expressway.... I believe due to the Military camp and ABC place there is no space at that junction to do onion ring interchange.

The design would make better use of topography of the area and let Waiyaki way + expressway pass overhead and redhill <-> Jame Gichuru connection tunnel through i.e redhill & Jame Gichuru approaching waiyaki way are up steep hills.

My layman 2 cents
Lolest!
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:34:24 AM

Will be interesting to see how much tolling fees we'll be charged to use it
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
hardwood
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 12:25:39 PM

kawi254 wrote:
murchr wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG_4y4-WoAAfRAg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHAGvYJXkAAMWEG.png

]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHAGv7CX0AATinq.png

The Expressway is JKIA <-> James Gichuru so roundabout at the end of expressway.... I believe due to the Military camp and ABC place there is no space at that junction to do onion ring interchange.

The design would make better use of topography of the area and let Waiyaki way + expressway pass overhead and redhill <-> Jame Gichuru connection tunnel through i.e redhill & Jame Gichuru approaching waiyaki way are up steep hills.

My layman 2 cents

I have seen this other design ya hapo ABC place. Looks much better....

KulaRaha
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:17:22 PM

murchr wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

There is a similar type one on the Redhill bypass, which is used to turn direction. Ive used to often, seems ok.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
maka
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:59:24 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Will be interesting to see how much tolling fees we'll be charged to use it

possunt quia posse videntur
newfarer
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:26:49 PM

this tolls not sure if they will be successful. Kenyans love free things and the poverty levels at middle class is real. with loans every shilling counts
punda amecheka
hardwood
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:36:09 PM

newfarer wrote:
this tolls not sure if they will be successful. Kenyans love free things and the poverty levels at middle class is real. with loans every shilling counts

If you are driving from westlands to the airport or mbs rd to westlands, you'd rather pay the 100 bob toll fee and use the elevated free way than be stuck kwa jam for 3 hours burning 1000bob fuel and miss your flight or be late for work.
Fyatu
#16 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 8:00:55 AM

Thika road also has a toll station around Northlands which was abandoned. It will be interesting to see how matatus and pedestrians will fit-into this road and whether there will be bus stops for Matatu. My other major concern is those footbridges built by H-Young along Mombasa road that costs hundreds of millions as well as the trees lining Waiyaki way. Either way the project is welcomed and long overdue.
jmbada
#17 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 9:47:36 AM

Fyatu wrote:
Thika road also has a toll station around Northlands which was abandoned. It will be interesting to see how matatus and pedestrians will fit-into this road and whether there will be bus stops for Matatu. My other major concern is those footbridges built by H-Young along Mombasa road that costs hundreds of millions as well as the trees lining Waiyaki way. Either way the project is welcomed and long overdue.

It's an expressway. No room for pedestrians and will probably be too expensive for Bodas and Ubers to use. Most likely will be reserved for Bus Rapid Transit, private vehicles and trailers.
and no footbridges, may in fact require relocation / destruction of 1 or 2 existing ones on Msa. rd. if the below article is accurate:
https://www.standardmedi...st-expensive-footbridges
Fyatu
#18 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 10:51:12 AM

jmbada wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

It's an expressway. No room for pedestrians and will probably be too expensive for Bodas and Ubers to use. Most likely will be reserved for Bus Rapid Transit, private vehicles and trailers.
and no footbridges, may in fact require relocation / destruction of 1 or 2 existing ones on Msa. rd. if the below article is accurate:
https://www.standardmedi...t-expensive-footbridges

The article says the the two already existing footbridges will have to give way and when i express my anger hapa wazua some people say ooh eti nimeongea mbaya...ooh sijui what

Quote:

Two existing footbridges that were erected less than five years ago, and at what was suspected to have been inflated costs, will have to give way.

At least Sh363 million was paid to the contractor, H Young, for the two bridges at the General Motors crossing and another at Bellevue in South C that under investigations by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
hardwood
#19 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:05:41 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
murchr wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
tinker wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It looks good to me...

There is a similar type one on the Redhill bypass, which is used to turn direction. Ive used to often, seems ok.

It's similar to the one at Bomas/Galleria too. The free way iko chini and round about elevated. Its ok. Note the roundabout is on the sideroads, not the centre free way.

Fyatu
#20 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:33:48 AM

hardwood wrote:

It's similar to the one at Bomas/Galleria too. The free way iko chini and round about elevated. Its ok. Note the roundabout is on the sideroads, not the centre free way.

Look at those matatus at the bus stage opposite galleria and the way they are parked. look at the small snarl-up hapo mbele. As long as mathrees will be allowed to drop and pick passengers at any section of the highway then expect traffick