wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Brigid Kosgei!!
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 5:47:38 PM

Smashes the womens Marathon world record in Chicago!!!

2:14:04
Shak
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 6:38:53 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Smashes the womens Marathon world record in Chicago!!!

2:14:04

Eliud's record continues to inspire. No limitations.
Njunge
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:20:56 PM

What a weekend for Kenyan sports!

Eliud- 159
Brigid- breaks Longstanding Record.
Lawrence Cherono wins Chicago marathon relegating the much hyped Brit athlete,Mo Farah to number 8.
Kenyan women rugby team qualifies for Tokyo 2022 WC .

What a time to be a Kenyan!!!
madollar
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:51:57 PM

Wah that record has stood for 16 years pundits claimed it could never be broken given Radcliffe was paced by men and their were claims alikuwa anameza reason it stood for so long and no one ever came close to breaking it
Kosgei is about to to be chunguzwad inside out
Lolest!
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 8:10:06 PM

Breaking it with over 1 min 20 secApplause Applause Applause
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Shak
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:14:26 PM

madollar wrote:
Wah that record has stood for 16 years pundits claimed it could never be broken given Radcliffe was paced by men and their were claims alikuwa anameza reason it stood for so long and no one ever came close to breaking it

I really hope she's clean otherwise it will dent our image badly.
Kusadikika
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 9:21:45 PM

Shak wrote:
madollar wrote:

I really hope so too. The association with Rosa and Associati is a bit worrying:

Brigid Kosgei is managed by Rosa & Associati,[15] a controversial Italian sports management and coaching business founded by Doctor Gabriele Rosa, who advertises as being "definitely the most successful trainer in world athletics".[16] Rosa & Associati have been under investigation in Kenya for suspected doping violations[17] a number of their highest profile athletes (including Kenyan marathon runners Rita Jeptoo and 2016 Olympic champion Jemima Sungong) have been banned in recent years after testing positive for EPO
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2019 10:05:34 PM

Amazing!

BBI will solve it
:)
madollar
#9 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 3:16:17 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
Shak wrote:
madollar wrote:

I really hope so too. The association with Rosa and Associati is a bit worrying:

Brigid Kosgei is managed by Rosa & Associati,[15] a controversial Italian sports management and coaching business founded by Doctor Gabriele Rosa, who advertises as being "definitely the most successful trainer in world athletics".[16] Rosa & Associati have been under investigation in Kenya for suspected doping violations[17] a number of their highest profile athletes (including Kenyan marathon runners Rita Jeptoo and 2016 Olympic champion Jemima Sungong) have been banned in recent years after testing positive for EPO

Apparently she made a last minute decision to wear the same nike shoes kipchoge wore when he went sub 2
Lakini that name rosa popping up, the world record she broke that has stood that long and she popped out of nowhere i hope she is clean and ready for what is coming .
British media will be watching the next marathons that she will run and the times she will put hawajafurahishwa na hii maneno
hamburglar
#10 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 8:05:38 AM

I knew this girl was special. After watching her obliterate the competition at the London marathon, I had a feeling that she had the World Record within her abilities. I hope she is clean and chances are she is. I would only be worried if she was associated with Alberto Salazar the Oregon doping master “coach”. This guy is completely ruining the sport. Sifan Hassan was doping and that’s why she ran 3:51 at the World Championships 1500m a few days after her coach (Salazar) was busted for helping athletes dope. I hope she can be DQ’d so our girl Faith Kipyegon can claim the gold that rightfully belongs to her. Hassan knew she couldn’t beat Kipyegon or Obiri without “asssistance” from Salazar and soon she will be busted.

Guys, these Kenyan athletes are really spoiling us. It’s almost like we re expecting World Records every time now, if a Kenyan wins and doesn’t break a record we don’t really talk about him or her despite the big achievement. Lol. Fun times to be an athletics fan.
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 9:21:25 AM

madollar wrote:

Quote:
Quote from BBC Sports
Only 22 runners in the men's race finished faster than Kosgei, whose time would have been a men's world record in 1964.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
radiomast
#12 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2019 7:10:02 PM

Shak wrote:
madollar wrote:

She was not even jubilant
madollar
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:23:04 AM

The paulla radcliffe record was considered the sub 2 for women kosgei obliterated that

This article was written in 2015

We provide evidence that the 2-h equivalent marathon time for women was achieved by Paula Radcliffe in her 2003 WR.

Unless NIKE is hijacking the moment then it must be the shoes

A Tale of Two Marathon Records and Nike's Magic Shoes