wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

IT Security Event
R2D2
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 1:05:00 PM

Thanks for those who have registered - if you are an end user,you should receive a confirmation email.
Gordon Gekko
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:02:00 PM

R2D2 this is C3PO. My experience with South Africans on IT matters are not positive. They assume they know it all and we are dumb Africans. I worked with some on an IT project at a parastatal in the mid-nineties. Sorry,just me.
Robinhood
#3 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 4:25:00 AM

Gordon G,

it is not just in IT where south africans think we cannot tell our left hand from the right. I worked with them in my previous organization and it was the same thing. They think they are too far ahead of us such that on every proposal they would argue 'this is not they way its done in SA' or 'this is the way its done...' Some of the stuff they were hawking was just crap. No wonder many SA companies just cannot survive in Kenya

God is good
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
R2D2
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 11:05:00 AM

3CPO - I appreciate your feedback however this is a Kenyan event to address Kenyan IT security issues. Where is it indicated its South African?
kivairu
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 11:26:00 AM

i concur with observations made earlier(robinhood&geko). guys from sa are blinded by some sort of thing that makes them believe they are far a head of kenya(Africa) in terms of IT expertise..having worked with them before,,,i know you can get the best IT expertise right here in kenya. Currently i'm about to take up a new job offer by a company from sa...but have my reservations if they will make it in kenya with the attitude they have exhibitted before. i once worked with them on some project and belive me guys ..i have never seen such lack of professionalism and broad acceptance of mediocrisy..
much as sa has an enormously advanced IT infrastracture..some of the engineers they send to kenya as consultants are crap(to say the least). i'm a firm believer that you can always get the best IT solutions right here in kenya from our humble IT consultants. That's my 1zim dollar observation!

Fear not says the Lord

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
R2D2
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 11:44:00 AM

We might have good engineers but clearly 'comprehension' is not one of our strong suits. Start a new post abt south Africa - this has nothing to do with that
eli
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 5:40:00 PM

I have registered. Next?

But you shall remember the LORD your God,for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth,that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers,as it is this day. Deu 8:18
EAKM
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:31:00 AM

i must have missed this post. Where do you register and when is the event scheduled to be?

Dont do what you will regret come the next morning.