wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

IAAF World Athletics Championships, DOHA 2019
Uram
#1 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:49:42 PM

Athletics enthusiasts to enjoy the 10-day competition starting tonight.Let's see how it pans out post-Bolt era.We have a final tonight- Women's Marathon.
Uram
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 1:14:16 AM

Halfway the race, our girls are doing well. All in the leading group of five. Chelimo from Bahrain a big threat. All Ethiopian girls drop out in this brutal race.
Uram
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:37:51 AM

Well done Ruth Chepng’etich for delivering gold.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
alma1
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 8:15:28 AM

Uram wrote:
Well done Ruth Chepng’etich for delivering gold.Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

I watched the whole race...

These girls are just fantastic. As we were making noise on wazua, these girls were working

To Amina Mohammed

You are doing a wonderful job. Let's get more young Kenyans doing what they do.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

radiomast
#5 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 8:33:34 PM

alma1 wrote:
Uram wrote:

These girls are just fantastic. As we were making noise on wazua, these girls were working

To Amina Mohammed

You are doing a wonderful job? Let's get more young Kenyans doing what they do.

How is Amina Mohamed doing a wonderful job? Nauliza tu.

From my standpoint, neither she nor any sports official has anything to do with any success in athletics.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 9:16:01 PM

radiomast wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Uram wrote:

To Amina Mohammed

From my standpoint, neither she nor any sports official has anything to do with any success in athletics.

I agree. Still early days for her.

BBI will solve it
:)
Uram
#7 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 10:23:45 PM

What a night for East Africa. Women Steeplechase goes to Kenya, 5000m Men goes to Ethiopia and 800m goes to our neighbors Uganda. Still waiting to see a gold medal go to a Tanzanian-never in my life time.
Hongera Beatrice Chepkoech!
radiomast
#8 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 11:12:03 PM

2012 wrote:
radiomast wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Uram wrote:

To Amina Mohammed

I agree. Still early days for her.

Not only is it early days but like other cabinet ministers, she has not done anything notable that would bring Kenya even a bronze medal. And she will likely not accomplish anything.

At least Sonko has built a stadium in Dandora
Uram
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 9:52:06 AM

About Last night....Kipruto won Steeplechase by a whisker.
madollar
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 05, 2019 6:09:57 PM

Uram wrote:
About Last night....Kipruto won Steeplechase by a whisker.

The ethiopians came with a plan which nearly worked but the story here is that the silver medalist is only 19 years the headline from the next olympics regarding the steeplechase will be very interesting
murchr
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2019 7:17:59 AM

I dont think Kenya sent the best team in these games. Steeplechase has been Kenyan guarantee but now even Morocans and US are threats.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2019 8:40:17 AM

murchr wrote:
I dont think Kenya sent the best team in these games. Steeplechase has been Kenyan guarantee but now even Morocans and US are threats.

That's sports my friend. Just like every other sector, Kenya does not invest in our sportsmen & women, individual just emerge from the woodworks and go for trials before an international championship and the rest of us Kenyans get to recognize them after they win gold and make news (read, make our country proud). So I don't know about sending the best team, we send whomever is available. Can you imagine even the high altitude camp is not sponsored by government? Yet in the US all campuses have athletic scholarships on top of paying all their top athletes a salary so they can do it full time!? Most of our athletes work in the forces while the rest languish.

BBI will solve it
:)
kaka2za
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2019 12:07:42 PM

Rudisha atarudi kweli?!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
hamburglar
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 06, 2019 3:33:08 PM

I think Sifan Hassan is doping. Any athlete that is trained by Alberto Salazar always has question marks. In fact he has just recently been banned for four years because of helping his athletes dope.

Dibaba was under him last year when she broke the 1500m World Record improving her lifetime best by a massive 5 plus seconds. As soon as she stopped training under him she couldn’t even win a single race. She didn’t even feature in this World Championships, that’s how low she has fallen. She has been placing as low as last in several races lately.

Enter Sifan Hassan. Same results after starting to train under Salazar. She breaks the Mile record and then obliterates a world class lineup at the Worlds with the second or third fastest 1500 meters time in history. Mind you, this was a few days after destroying a quality field of strong and experienced runners in what was her first ever major championship 10000 meters outing. How do you perform that great on your first ever 10000 meters race?

Faith Kipyegon ran 3:54 and was a distant distant second. 3:54 hasn’t been achieved in years, it’s the 11th fastest time ever and she still lost by a lot. Let that sink in.

Long story short, she is doping. Once Salazar is banned you will all see how fast she will fall back to earth. Next year she won’t perform anywhere near where she is right now. She will follow Dibaba into oblivion, just wait and see.