wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Copy Cat Neighbour problem
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:50:11 AM

Small problem. I have a neighbour who seems to be a copy cat of many things I am doing in my property. An example, a few weeks ago I ordered some gernamiums in three different colours. My workers then planted them in a nice row in the entrance to the gate. A week later huyooo, the neighbour had done the exact same thing. At first I dismissed it as a coincidence. Then it happened. I caught him! One morning I awoke and saw a haggard shadowy figure peeking over my fence. It was him. In his hand he had a notebook and was jotting down more ideas to steal. What to do with such a chap? Na si Kijana. Ni mzee bin mzee.
kayhara
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:05:43 AM

Be happy you are a good role model, maybe the wife is saying si hata wewe ununue gari kama ya mugundaman, but it's normal kenyans like to copy ideas, quail, probox, box matatu, roof styles, someone will take a picture of anything and take o thier fundi to replicate, I think it's not a bad thing anyway.
To Each His Own
chiaroscuro
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:13:48 AM

This is an opportunity to make a good friend. Invite him for tea and discuss various ways of beautifying your 'neighbourhood'.

BTW: Beauty lies in symmetry. Symmetry is accomplished through order. Hence you should actually encourage ALL your neighbours to copy what you are doing. The neighbouhood will become very beautiful.
Spikes
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:49:09 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Small problem. I have a neighbour who seems to be a copy cat of many things I am doing in my property. An example, a few weeks ago I ordered some gernamiums in three different colours. My workers then planted them in a nice row in the entrance to the gate. A week later huyooo, the neighbour had done the exact same thing. At first I dismissed it as a coincidence. Then it happened. I caught him! One morning I awoke and saw a haggard shadowy figure peeking over my fence. It was him. In his hand he had a notebook and was jotting down more ideas to steal. What to do with such a chap? Na si Kijana. Ni mzee bin mzee.

It is normal and part of life. Even corporate do the same to cut a niche when competition is intense.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Fyatu
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:27:56 AM

An old adage goes...."Imitation is the best form of flattery".
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
newfarer
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:44:53 AM

it's a good thing.it leads to standardisation. you should be happy you are a pacesetter..
punda amecheka
jamplu
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:05:24 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

at least he appreciates flowers some neighbors you have no idea how to start conversations with.

Next time get a few more plants than you need let him have the extra
MugundaMan
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:33:06 PM

Fyatu wrote:

It is flattering only for a few days then it becomes irritating. At least if he discussed it with me it would make sense. Lakini kuiba ideas tu fuaaaa from a distance is not cool. Or maybe I should also imitate some of his things so he can also see how it feels.
cyruskulei
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 2:42:10 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

It is flattering only for a few days then it becomes irritating. At least if he discussed it with me it would make sense. Lakini kuiba ideas tu fuaaaa from a distance is not cool. Or maybe I should also imitate some of his things so he can also see how it feels.

Relax bro, most of the time we are other peoples heros and they dont have the energy to tell us that. Very soon you will hear from him.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

murchr
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:14:08 PM

Hizo geraniums zina patikana wapi?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Julie
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:10:34 PM

Hata mimi nataka. Will plant 3 nice rows at the entrance. Better still....send us a picture of the entrance to your compound.....
Mtafiti
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:22:39 PM

Plant weed, wait for the copy cat, uproot yours once his germinates and invite Kinoti for a cup of coffee.
bizbitz
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:31:48 PM

You are a hero in his life. Be happy someone has noticed and appreciated your creative ability. Very few manage to master this intrinsic capacity.
Jon Jones
#14 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 12:02:26 AM

Maybe you are a natural at landscaping. Or you were a florist in another life before discovering dustbowl
Since men have learned to shoot without missing, I have learned to fly without perching
MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 2:51:32 AM

murchr wrote:
Hizo geraniums zina patikana wapi?

Kila mahali papa. HujazionaLaughing out loudly ? Any half decent flower and shrub seller barabarani will have them. But if you want the complicated varieties, colors etc, said florist should be located somewhere near the "leafy burbs" whether in DC, Karen, Kile, Lavi, etc.
MugundaMan
#16 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 2:53:05 AM

Julie wrote:
Hata mimi nataka. Will plant 3 nice rows at the entrance. Better still....send us a picture of the entrance to your compound.....

You seem to be a relative of my neighbour. Terrible genes!
MugundaMan
#17 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 2:54:38 AM

Mtafiti wrote:
Plant weed, wait for the copy cat, uproot yours once his germinates and invite Kinoti for a cup of coffee.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Fyatu
#18 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:20:38 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I have been there my brother. I once had a neighbour who would copy every move i would make with my kids. If i buy my totos a red bicycle, he buys his kids a red bicycle. If i shave my kids punk/box style pia yeye ana copy. If i take my kids out for a treat yeye ni hivyo hivyo tu.

Mama watoto got concerned that maybe huyo ni psycho and i had to assure her it was the best form of flattery though very annoying bordering scary.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
MugundaMan
#19 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:08:31 AM

Fyatu wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I have been there my brother. I once had a neighbour who would copy every move i would make with my kids. If i buy my totos a red bicycle, he buys his kids a red bicycle. If i shave my kids punk/box style pia yeye ana copy. If i take my kids out for a treat yeye ni hivyo hivyo tu.

Mama watoto got concerned that maybe huyo ni psycho and i had to assure her it was the best form of flattery though very annoying bordering scary.

Very funny. You would almost think the person is arranging their life around yours. If you move, they would die!
cyruskulei
#20 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:36:50 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Julie wrote:

You seem to be a relative of my neighbour. Terrible genes!

Thanks @MM, I seem to be also a relative of your neighbor. Share how they look in your compound. Ideas, we will borrow (copy).

The plant looks nice : https://www.google.com/s...uxvIJlN-lmn2M:&vet=1
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.