wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Most water secure Nairobi suburb...
Kusadikika
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:57:26 PM

Where in Nairobi are you most assured of never running out of water?

While you are at it please also comment on the area with the most reliable power supply.
murchr
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:23:09 PM

No where
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:25:58 PM

Water insecurity in Kenya for the middle class should be a myth in this day and age. The average middle classer may drop 20k on buying whisky rounds and nyama choma per weekend yet cries water insecurity. If they invested that money monthly in a clay tile roof and massive underground storage these wailings about water would be no more. Solar backup system pia. Well at least one that can power basic lights and charge phones and run the water pump in an emergency situation.
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:08:59 PM

Sorted out this problem through water harvesting & storage. Initially expensive but eventually worth every cent. Peace of mind over the last 5 years. Solar pump smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:13:58 PM

I have water at some spot in my shamba. I spoke to someone calling themselves an expert and they said the water is perfect for drinking. Someone mentioned that I might need to visit NEMA for a "permit" to use this water....is this true? Also, any expert here with advice on how i can secure the place to prevent contamination and access(pump) this water some meters upstream for family use? Appreciated.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:47:45 PM

I have always had running kanjo water. Seems i am very lucky. My monthly bill is about 1k for about 20 units ie 20,000 litres.
Kusadikika
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:54:40 PM

hardwood wrote:
I have always had running kanjo water. Seems i am very lucky. My monthly bill is about 1k for about 20 units ie 20,000 litres.

I thought they chased you away from State Housesmile
Anyway which general area is this?

Anyone in Kilimani, Lavington area. I am guessing those luxury 10+ story apartments must always have water. I cannot imagine how they could possibly not have water even for a single minute in a 24 hour day.
Ryko
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:26:43 PM

hardwood wrote:

@Hardwood do you have a Maisonette on top of Dakaini dam ama?
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
newfarer
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:04:09 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Anyone in Kilimani, Lavington area. I am guessing those luxury 10+ story apartments must always have water. I cannot imagine how they could possibly not have water even for a single minute in a 24 hour day.

these guys are supplied by those blue clean water retired honey sucker tankers
punda amecheka
newfarer
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 6:06:17 AM

murchr wrote:
I have water at some spot in my shamba. I spoke to someone calling themselves an expert and they said the water is perfect for drinking. Someone mentioned that I might need to visit NEMA for a "permit" to use this water....is this true? Also, any expert here with advice on how i can secure the place to prevent contamination and access(pump) this water some meters upstream for family use? Appreciated.

make amends with neighbors share with them.thats the securest way
punda amecheka
Baratang
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:03:17 AM

murchr wrote:

Is the water held on a surface well, shallow well, deep well or borehole?
mkenyan
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:05:40 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
hardwood wrote:

they have very large tanks per unit. even if water comes once a week they are sorted.
wukan
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:23:34 AM

Kusadikika wrote:

While you are at it please also comment on the area with the most reliable power supply.

Old Runda-they have own water supply system. Other places are out of Nairobi like Kiambu road.

Nairobi is one hot mess, water supply is through tankers and jerrycans instead of pipes. And someone said Borrow Yieng has done the most infrastructure projects.
hardwood
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:40:28 AM

wukan wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

Old Runda-they have own water supply system. Other places are out of Nairobi like Kiambu road.

Nairobi is one hot mess, water supply is through tankers and jerrycans instead of pipes. And someone said Borrow Yieng has done the most infrastructure projects.

How safe is that water that runda draws from ruaka river?
hardwood
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:51:20 AM

murchr wrote:

Why would someone need a permit to use water that is in his own shamba?
wukan
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 11:45:01 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
hardwood wrote:

After the folks at Kawangware are done smile the lavinton folks get some really dirty water. You can check this NTV story on the black sewer water that comes through the taps at times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeDrh8ZoHxE
MugundaMan
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:01:15 PM

wukan wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
hardwood wrote:

After the folks at Kawangware are done smile the lavinton folks get some really dirty water. You can check this NTV story on the black sewer water that comes through the taps at times.

Wukan has spoken!
This is crazy,
One more excellent reason to flee bedsitters and Hall ten apartments in Nairobi core and come to DC where those who have jipangad are pure clean water secure. No feces floating in our water! Laughing out loudly
Kusadikika
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:52:00 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Wukan has spoken!
This is crazy,
One more excellent reason to flee bedsitters and Hall ten apartments in Nairobi core and come to DC where those who have jipangad are pure clean water secure. No feces floating in our water! Laughing out loudly

@Shambaman, what is the main source of piped water for Kitengela? Does Kitengela have a central sewer system or does every one take care of their own shit with a septic tank?
MugundaMan
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:29:13 PM

Kusandikika,
Didnt you read my post hapo juu?
Water fresh and nywee, then distilled for double measure. Sewerage pipes are old antiquated things from a bygone era my bradza. Thats how you end up with feces in your water. Biodigesters are the most efficient and environmentally friendly waste disposal method. Get with the times mfana wami.
Kusadikika
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:14:43 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Kusandikika,
Didnt you read my post hapo juu?
Water fresh and nywee, then distilled for double measure. Sewerage pipes are old antiquated things from a bygone era my bradza. Thats how you end up with feces in your water. Biodigesters are the most efficient and environmentally friendly waste disposal method. Get with the times mfana wami.

You are telling us the only source of water in Kitengela is rain water with underground storage? I had heard something about EPZ getting water from Kilimanjaro. Does this line have connections to peoples houses?

For those with boreholes, what is yield and how far do you have to go to get it? Has the water table changed over the years?