Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Bamburi closes at 66.50

Would have made a superb shorting candidate in the futures market. Wonder why it was taken off along with kengen from the initial proposal.

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Jamaa says banning imports of clinker will make cement cheaper. How now?
Jamaa just wants to fleece Kenyans by providing clinker at higher prices than the imports.

Let him compete vs the imported clinker.

On the high cost and unreliability of electricity supply, he has a point.

hhehehehe,,,..Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Guru has spilled the beans about ARM in todays sub-Standard. Kumbe our factory in kaloleni was outdated by 25 years..

Post link

That Muhindi Paunrana really did us in......LINK

This one seems to be rhyming with the govt's agenda on affordable housing hence the positive coverage.
Ericsson
#42 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:21:10 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...ormat=jpg&name=large
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
lochaz-index
#43 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:04:03 PM

The bear is really brutal on this one. Looking to break below 60 bob. That must be a near 18 year low, anyone with a long term chart?
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#44 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 3:12:33 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
The bear is really brutal on this one. Looking to break below 60 bob. That must be a near 18 year low, anyone with a long term chart?

40 per share is a possibility
obiero
#45 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 4:04:05 PM

Ericsson wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Done in by the two men

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
muandiwambeu
#46 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 3:18:09 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Done in by the two men

@obiero report to the nearest hospital and report rape case pertuated at nse grounds
I will honourably give a positive report to support this obvious case. I wish to protect your pedigree sir.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
Horton
#47 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:37:08 PM

Ericsson wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Moat on this one is severely eroded. There is no more competitive advantage.
deadpoet
#48 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 3:38:01 PM

Is Bamburi a buy at sub-50, the poor 2019 results notwithstanding? I assume the NAV is high - results should be out this week.
xxxxx
#49 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:08:31 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Is Bamburi a buy at sub-50, the poor 2019 results notwithstanding? I assume the NAV is high - results should be out this week.

The NAV is deceitful given the cutthroat competition in the sector. Sooner or later, they're gonna have to take significant impairment losses on these assets. That Bamburi hasn't reported 2019 to date is very TELLING. I'd stay out until I know what they can do to their ROUTE TO CUSTOMER given all these Asian companies flooding the sector.
xxxxx
#50 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 4:44:29 PM

xxxxx wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

The NAV is deceitful given the cutthroat competition in the sector. Sooner or later, they're gonna have to take significant impairment losses on these assets. That Bamburi hasn't reported 2019 to date is very TELLING. I'd stay out until I know what they can do to their ROUTE TO CUSTOMER given all these Asian companies flooding the sector.

Eish....but where are Bamburi's financial results?
jgithige
#51 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:49:29 PM

xxxxx wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I pity bamburi somebody tell me their major customers if not government tenders. Most hardware shops are now stocking either mombasa cement, devkis simba or savanna. Bamburi thrived on the inefficiencies of eapc blue triangle where they also hold some stake. Though they say their cement is superior I doubt which contractor will buy their overpriced cement in this turbulent times. Most will reason like wanjiku Simiti ni simiti. Currently cement prices have come down with ksh 530 you have a bag. Enzi za bamburi and blue triangle a bag was retailing at 700. Larfarge should close shop. Period.
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
obiero
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 03, 2020 1:59:00 PM

jgithige wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I pity bamburi somebody tell me their major customers if not government tenders. Most hardware shops are now stocking either mombasa cement, devkis simba or savanna. Bamburi thrived on the inefficiencies of eapc blue triangle where they also hold some stake. Though they say their cement is superior I doubt which contractor will buy their overpriced cement in this turbulent times. Most will reason like wanjiku Simiti ni simiti. Currently cement prices have come down with ksh 530 you have a bag. Enzi za bamburi and blue triangle a bag was retailing at 700. Larfarge should close shop. Period.

Bamburi has lost its glory

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Balaa
#53 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2020 2:24:09 PM

Anyone with finer details on these results?
https://www.google.com/a...fore-tax-up-by-17pc/amp/
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
cyruskulei
#54 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2020 2:34:47 PM

jgithige wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I have been a construction consultant for close to 20years and trader in nse for similar period. Always keen on products of listed firms in the construction sector and financial performance of the same firms. With all honest, the future of bamburi is bleak. Go from hardwAre to hardware checking on cement brands stocked. Shock on you if you see bamburi. Key reason is pricing.
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Balaa
#55 Posted : Friday, May 08, 2020 5:30:30 PM

Balaa wrote:
Anyone with finer details on these results?
https://www.google.com/a...ore-tax-up-by-17pc/amp/

The Board of directors does not recommend payment of a dividend in 2019
https://www.lafarge.co.ke/1_4_6-Financial_reports
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
muandiwambeu
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 09, 2020 7:28:46 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
jgithige wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

I have been a construction consultant for close to 20years and trader in nse for similar period. Always keen on products of listed firms in the construction sector and financial performance of the same firms. With all honest, the future of bamburi is bleak. Go from hardwAre to hardware checking on cement brands stocked. Shock on you if you see bamburi. Key reason is pricing.

Competition, note also the quality of cement is not as good across.Fan and shit playing out at its best, after settling distribution won't be equal as usual.
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
deadpoet
#57 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2020 7:22:00 AM

Man, everything is upside down. From an EPS of 14 to 1 bob and change. Is any blue chip safe?
xxxxx
#58 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2020 6:28:04 AM

McGill
#59 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:51:07 AM

xxxxx wrote:
https://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Hima-Cement-does-not-exist--court-rules/688334-5576056-oat3n3/index.html

More bad news. And we will soon be sub 30bob.
Ericsson
#60 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 6:41:03 AM

McGill wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
https://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Hima-Cement-does-not-exist--court-rules/688334-5576056-oat3n3/index.html

More bad news. And we will soon be sub 30bob.

Share price might reach parity with NMG