wazua Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER
Donedeal
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 12:21:00 PM

Am looking for a second hand Toyota Landcruiser not more than 8 years old. Any leads?

May we live in interesting times!
jaykay
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:24:00 AM

Hi,u seem to be after a 2002 or later model.I suggest that u go down the import route.It will set u back Ksh3-4mn.alternatively byan ex japan import older than KAZ around Ksh 1.5-2.5mn (depending on vehicle condition + buyers' desperation)

JK
JobPlant
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:29:00 PM

Hi,

We have a few in stock,get in touch WWW.JOBPLANTCARS.CO.UK or email info@jobplantcars.co.uk.

Thanks,

WWW.JOBPLANTCARS.CO.UK - Leading UK exporter of motor vehicles.
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:00:00 PM

Jobplant,your address is a residential house in Redbridge. No yard there.

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Chaka
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:30:00 PM

@kula,

How did you find that out?
jitetee
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:08:00 PM

Kula,go easy on the lady. SK is one interesting site. You can be chambuliwad even if you are based overseas.

Time and chance happen to all.
Eddy
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:12:00 PM

Try the Sarit Centre notice board,i saw a Landcruiser for 2004 going for 1.86M
JKm
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 5:38:00 PM

Hi,

Get in touch - I have got an excellent one of 2002 ex UK in perfect condition.

Jo 0725365849

JK
JobPlant
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2009 6:17:00 PM

@Kula

Redbridge is our registered address,and NOT trading address.

tuvok
#10 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 7:18:00 AM

Just been looking at the price guide:

http://www.jobplantcars.co.uk/priceguide.html

Are these the prices for vehicles landed in Kenya (after tax etc etc)...

I know it's a rough guide.
pops
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 12:49:00 PM

well my 2 cents tell me that this 'jobplant' dude seems to be fishy. his addresses are not adding up. just read the 'conned by car exporter' forum on the biz ideas forum......and u will realise what its all about!
JobPlant
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:22:00 PM

@ Pops...I do respect your opinion but referring to us as 'fishy' is just out of order. Skerians,one is not forced to import from us,it's your choice. We have supplied companies and individuals in EA for a number of years. Unfortunately,when we do these,we don’t go around telling everyone what we have done or invite every1 round for tea and biscuits to celebrate

Our business is not for the mass,so hardly will you see us advertising on DN for all of you to notice us.

Once again,pops,you r entitled to say what you want to say but this isn't on,use SK to benefit those who have genuine issues to resolve or post a constructive criticism rather than writing things without knowing what the consequences are.

Pops,or any doubters out there,if you do happen to be in London,give us a call and see how 'FISHY' we are.

Thank you.

JkMwatha
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:47:00 PM

@Jobplant - you devote so much space to 'bite back' at critics?

Don't you think it would be more beneficial to answer tuvok's question below?

BTW,is Jobplantcars part of Job Plant Ltd (recruitment)?
kenf
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 10:44:00 PM

Hey here is an idea for a Kenyan with an interest in cars etc. Start up www.autotrader.co.uk please feel free to email me ken@visionassetfinance.com for any further assistance

look around and invest in the companies that people are doing business with
swaleh
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:57:00 PM

Jaykay vs. JK vs. JKMwatha. Can the real Jk stand up!

I`m officially tha realest,point blank period! T.I.
Lyanne
#16 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 7:39:00 AM

Guys i need help. I was told by a guy who services my car that i should use Synthetic Oil

instead of the ordinary oil. He says that Synthetic is better for Turbo Charged engines,

since it adds more power,quieter engine and that i wont have to change the oil until after 10,000 KM.

Has anyone used the Synthetic Oil and Is this true it adds more power ?

The Hedonist
luttz
#17 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 9:12:00 AM

@ Lyanne,

Lets start with the basic function of engine oil:
1) Lubricate the rotating engine parts
2) To clean the engine
3) To cool the engine

For oil to efficiently carry out the above functions,it must meet certain standards which we can generally refer to viscosity. Engine oil with higher viscosity is better than one with low viscosity. Manufacturers of oil will recommend how often the oil should be replaced based on how fast the viscosity drops to unacceptable/unsafe levels. Synthetic oil has higher viscosity than ordinary oil hence recommended by most vehicle dealers. The frequency of engine oil replacement is dictated by many factors key among them is ' operational conditions'. Are you a frequent off road driver? Do you drive in very dusty conditions? How often do you renew your air cleaner? For most Nairobi motorists,8,000 kilometres is a safe interval for oil change. I have carried out an oil analysis test after 10,000 kilometres and the results were not as bad but why would you risk your engine to save a few shillings?
"You've never lived until you've almost died; for those who have fought for it, life has a flavour the protected will never know."
gkchege
#18 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 9:23:00 AM

@Luttz,very good explanation.

This is how I like to think of it - oil is dirt-cheap compared to fuel. Oil is also key in determining the life of ur engine. Why take a risk? I have the advantage of being able to change the oil at home - it is easy - I guess I have mentioned this before on SK.

Why go for the 'cheaper' cheap oil when you can have semi-synthetic or synthetic in ur engine and be assured of perfect lubrication for at least 8,000kms? I change mine after only 5,000 though,and my Astra,after 107,000 kms still feels,sounds and drives like new!

Regrets to the guy asking about landcruiser for sort of hijacking the thread. Why not import one? Is this for work or for conversion to tourist transport?
Lyanne
#19 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 9:41:00 AM

@ Luttz and gkchege

Thanks guys,i will drain the oil and put the Synthetic Oil pronto !

Do i have to change the Oil and Fuel filters after the 8,000 Km as well ?

Or i can have them changed before ?

The Hedonist
gkchege
#20 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2009 9:51:00 AM

@Lyanne,Oil and fuel filters dont have to be changed at every service interval - but again,they are also cheap. So when you drain oil,change filters. Fuel filter really depends on where you fuel and how 'clean' the fuel is. Recommended in africa - change it at the service interval - 8,000Kms in ur case. If u drive a diesel,probably less.

If u change oil before the service interval,you may keep the same oil filter until the service interval. The air filter also needs attention since our country is dustier and this affects ur engine performance. You may change or service the air filter depending on what filter you have. If it doesn't hurt ur wallet too much,get a new one or else wait it out until ur service interval.