wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<23456>»
Safaricom 2019/2020
kayhara
#61 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 9:55:26 AM

I had placed an offline sale at 28 hope it went through because itrader is down and I can't check. ( off at 26.50/- good returns) plus dividends
To Each His Own
Ericsson
#62 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 10:40:49 AM

nellycetty wrote:
watesh wrote:
Viviva wrote:
Any presumptions on tomorrows share price trading average? Bearing in mind Citi research have recommended a target price of 30.1

I am looking to go in below 26

It has touched 25 ex dividend.

Not sure if it will touch 21

Let's wait and see how low it will go.
The bear is in town
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Viviva
#63 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2019 10:53:20 AM

Is the dividend payment date 20th sept? (as per safaricom site investor calendar)
Ericsson
#64 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:28:51 PM

Viviva wrote:
Is the dividend payment date 20th sept? (as per safaricom site investor calendar)

Expect to receive the dividend at the end of the month
murchr
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:24:58 PM

Ericsson wrote:
nellycetty wrote:
watesh wrote:
Viviva wrote:
Any presumptions on tomorrows share price trading average? Bearing in mind Citi research have recommended a target price of 30.1

I am looking to go in below 26

It has touched 25 ex dividend.

Not sure if it will touch 21

Let's wait and see how low it will go.
The bear is in town

One thing you need to realize is the wanjiku on this stock can no longer make any swinglike kind of movement. I expect 30 by October
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Viviva
#66 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 3:49:26 PM

Is the dividend and special dividend usually paid out separately on different dates? (in 2 separate transactions instead of a total figure at one go).
Ericsson
#67 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 6:10:25 PM

Viviva wrote:
Is the dividend and special dividend usually paid out separately on different dates? (in 2 separate transactions instead of a total figure at one go).

Yes paid out separately on different dates
young
#68 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:26:00 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Viviva wrote:

This week the special dividend of 0.62 will be paid.

https://www.businessdail...6232-10lxgpcz/index.html
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#69 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:56:37 PM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Viviva]Is the dividend and special dividend usually paid out separately on different dates? (in 2 separate transactions instead of a total figure at one go).

https://www.businessdail...232-10lxgpcz/index.html[/quote]

Mihr Thakar
@MihrThakar
Did the government ask for early payment due to cash flow problems?
young
#70 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:34:25 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Viviva]Is the dividend and special dividend usually paid out separately on different dates? (in 2 separate transactions instead of a total figure at one go).

Mihr Thakar
@MihrThakar

I don't think so @Eric
For the past 3 years they have been paying early either within Sept or October rather than stipulated Nov tail end or early Dec.
People have been seeing an unusual dividend inflows and it is always traceable to Safaricom "surprise"....early dividend.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#71 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:37:04 AM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Mihr Thakar
@MihrThakar

I don't think so @Eric
For the past 3 years they have been paying early either within Sept or October rather than stipulated Nov tail end or early Dec.
People have been seeing an unusual dividend inflows and it is always traceable to Safaricom "surprise"....early dividend.

@young
It's true for the past 3 years,confirmed from someone who knows on-goings at treasury
VituVingiSana
#72 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 2:57:41 AM

Safaricom executives’ shares rise to Sh875m
https://www.businessdail...7142-ry0heez/index.html

Skin in the game!
BUT "The employees had cashed out 15.1 million units of stock worth Sh409 million the year before..." though how much from sales by BC and MJ?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#73 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:44:16 AM

The next phase of safaricom will be one active in mergers and acquisitions and regional expansion.
nairobby
#74 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:43:11 PM

Ericsson wrote:
The next phase of safaricom will be one active in mergers and acquisitions and regional expansion.

Indeed and the next CEO will be leading this charge. Still more value to be created. Let me jump back into this stock.
young
#75 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:51:05 PM

Safaricom should consider paying dividend twice a year.

Interim in April before FY results
Final dividend in Oct/Nov.

For instance FY 2020 projected dividend is 1.45 (or more) bob per share. They are liquid enough to pay interim dividend of 45 cents in April 2020 and final dividend of 1.00 bob in Oct/Nov 2020.

My 2 cents advise.

Please suggest to them in the next AGM
Ericsson
#76 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:42:20 PM

young wrote:
Safaricom should consider paying dividend twice a year.

Interim in April before FY results
Final dividend in Oct/Nov.

For instance FY 2020 projected dividend is 1.45 (or more) bob per share. They are liquid enough to pay interim dividend of 45 cents in April 2020 and final dividend of 1.00 bob in Oct/Nov 2020.

My 2 cents advise.

Please suggest to them in the next AGM

Half year results announcement is on November 1 2019,from the results Full Year dividend can be projected.
April is too far to pay interim dividends for results announced in November.
young
#77 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:32:26 AM

The guiding principles in most markets
are

1. Closure of register should not be later than 4 months of dividend declaration

2. Dividends(interim or final) must be paid on or before 6 months of result announcement.

It is that flexible I believe Nairobi bourse companies just prefer to close register and also pay dividends
(especially interims) in a short time frame window.
In our local bourse here in Nigeria, we are used to getting interim dividends paid close to the date of final results announcement. It then becomes a culture as different companies tend to copy each other........

young
#78 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:43:58 AM

Still on safaricom

As a minority shareholder my advise to the board of directors is that looking ahead they should rather give script issues (bonuses) from time to time rather than special dividend.

Considering that Safaricom has too many shares , they can first consider share reverse split or reconstruction like at the ratio of 3:1 that is every 3 shares become 1. This will translate to price per share of 81 Bob per share (from 27) and dividend per share will follow the same multiple .

With this they can issue script issues based on their discretion from time to time. This is cheaper for them to recapapitalize over time and minimize share dilution.

For minority shareholders it is a win-win situation as good and liquid stocks price discovery is always fast.

. It also afford them to sale their bonus shares at the time they need money at different intervals rather than generic special dividends

I am not against special dividends but priority should be given to bonus issue or both strategy can be combined from time to time.

I believe too much shares on issue is a major constraint to SAFARICOM so share reconstruction is the best option moving forward to actualize bonus issue .

Bonus issue combined with a fair dividend is the best way to reward shareholders.

On the whole thank you and kudos to safaricom for being consistently consistent in performance.

I remember I have bought this counter from year 2010 to 2017 at different "EXPENSIVE " prices ranging from 7bob to 23 bob. Recall the IPO price in 2008 was 4 bob.

Looking forward people like us should be enjoying bonus shares rather than buying more even at higher prices as it gets more expensive every year. The highs of last year becomes the low of this year.
sparkly
#79 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:53:00 AM

young wrote:
Still on safaricom

As a minority shareholder my advise to the board of directors is that looking ahead they should rather give script issues (bonuses) from time to time rather than special dividend.

Considering that Safaricom has too many shares , they can first consider share reverse split or reconstruction like at the ratio of 3:1 that is every 3 shares become 1. This will translate to price per share of 81 Bob per share (from 27) and dividend per share will follow the same multiple .

With this they can issue script issues based on their discretion from time to time. This is cheaper for them to recapapitalize over time and minimize share dilution.

For minority shareholders it is a win-win situation as good and liquid stocks price discovery is always fast.

. It also afford them to sale their bonus shares at the time they need money at different intervals rather than generic special dividends

I am not against special dividends but priority should be given to bonus issue or both strategy can be combined from time to time.

I believe too much shares on issue is a major constraint to SAFARICOM so share reconstruction is the best option moving forward to actualize bonus issue .

Bonus issue combined with a fair dividend is the best way to reward shareholders.

On the whole thank you and kudos to safaricom for being consistently consistent in performance.

I remember I have bought this counter from year 2010 to 2017 at different "EXPENSIVE " prices ranging from 7bob to 23 bob. Recall the IPO price in 2008 was 4 bob.

Looking forward people like us should be enjoying bonus shares rather than buying more even at higher prices as it gets more expensive every year. The highs of last year becomes the low of this year.

Bonuses are issued when companies want to retain cash. Safaricom has more cash than it needs hence the dividend payments.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#80 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:18:38 AM

young wrote:
Still on safaricom

Considering that Safaricom has too many shares , they can first consider share reverse split or reconstruction like at the ratio of 3:1 that is every 3 shares become 1. This will translate to price per share of 81 Bob per share (from 27) and dividend per share will follow the same multiple.
Too many shares is relative,some individual and institutional shareholders have accumulated the stock thereby reducing the volume traded.When is the last time you heard safaricom traded 100mn shares in a trading day?The share price will reach 81 with time and dividend at 2-3,no need for share reverse split or reconstruction.

I believe too much shares on issue is a major constraint to SAFARICOM so share reconstruction is the best option moving forward to actualize bonus issue.
The issue of too many shares has been overtaken with time.Most companies in the NSE if you noticed have increase their float of shares since 2008

Share price follows growth of the company