38 Pages«<2324252627>»
Safaricom 2019/2020
Angelica _ann
#481 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 7:26:31 PM

Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
All time high during corona period!!!

When I mentioned this is the stock that will weather this storm, niliambiwa nothing will....mnaona. Tech stocks everywhere are KING

Wapi mnadii with his elliot wave

@murchr,really??? I don't believe that!!! Old guards here have been on Safcom buy/hold side except 1 cartoon. No serious guy doubts Safaricom yawa!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#482 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 7:48:14 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

When I mentioned this is the stock that will weather this storm, niliambiwa nothing will....mnaona. Tech stocks everywhere are KING

@murchr,really??? I don't believe that!!! Old guards here have been on Safcom buy/hold side except 1 cartoon. No serious guy doubts Safaricom yawa!!!

Oct 8 2020 wrote:

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...amp;m=902230#post902230

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
100 million shares traded today.
The downward journey begins.

Inevitable

Share price behaviour post half year results release is what to watch out for.

There's literally no company that hasn't been affected negatively by C19

Has this downward trend happened? Technology stocks around the world are the least affected by C19. If you think Safaricom just sells airtime, then you are still stuck in 2002

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#483 Posted : Friday, December 04, 2020 8:05:06 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
murchr wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Oct 8 2020 wrote:

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...amp;m=902230#post902230

murchr wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
100 million shares traded today.
The downward journey begins.

Inevitable

Share price behaviour post half year results release is what to watch out for.

There's literally no company that hasn't been affected negatively by C19

Has this downward trend happened? Technology stocks around the world are the least affected by C19. If you think Safaricom just sells airtime, then you are still stuck in 2002

Pole, apologies. I have believed in Safaricom for soo long, we are strong.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#484 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2020 10:29:26 AM

https://www.reuters.com/...t-year-end-idUSL8N2IO2W9
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#485 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 12:00:46 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-kenya-safaricom/kenyas-safaricom-expects-m-pesa-price-curbs-to-be-lifted-at-year-end-idUSL8N2IO2W9

Kenya’s biggest telecoms operator, Safaricom, expects to be able to end coronavirus-related price cuts at its M-Pesa business at the end of the year, its CEO said on Tuesday.
“We have not seen anything that says it should be longer,” Safaricom CEO Peter Ndegwa told Reuters.
Talks with the central bank are ongoing, Ndegwa said, adding that the company may yet cut prices for some M-Pesa services after volumes rose significantly during the pandemic.

Safaricom has also been focusing on its data business to offset the M-Pesa revenue drop, offering 60,000 customers financing to buy 4G phones in an effort to boost usage.
The company aims to increase the proportion of smartphones on its network to 70% over time, from current penetration of less than 20%.

It is also expanding its 4G network to cover all of the country by the end of this year, from 90% coverage last month.

Safaricom, which is bidding in a consortium with Vodafone and Vodacom for one of two mobile phone operator licences on offer in Ethiopia, will hold 51% of the new operator if its bid is successful, Ndegwa said.
xtina
#486 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 3:43:22 PM

I boarded matatus and offered to pay by MPESA. All the condas refused, infact in one case I was politely asked to leave the mat if I don't have cash, which I did. In the other case, the conda shouted to the other passengers that they will not accept MPESA.

It seems hii mambo ya kulipa fare na MPESA will not be easy, matatu guys are simply stuck to their ways.
Ericsson
#487 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 4:13:39 PM

xtina wrote:
I boarded matatus and offered to pay by MPESA. All the condas refused, infact in one case I was politely asked to leave the mat if I don't have cash, which I did. In the other case, the conda shouted to the other passengers that they will not accept MPESA.

It seems hii mambo ya kulipa fare na MPESA will not be easy, matatu guys are simply stuck to their ways.

The problem matatu guys have with mpesa is the charges safaricom levies on them to use the service.
This reduces their take home pay.
Monk
#488 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:33:32 PM

xtina wrote:

M-Pesa, like Visa, is a payment service operated by a private company for profit. In a free market economy, a merchant has a right to decide whether or not to patronize Safaricom.
Monk
#489 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 7:37:21 PM

Monk wrote:
xtina wrote:

M-Pesa, like Visa, is a payment service operated by a private company for profit. In a free market economy, a merchant has a right to decide whether or not to patronize Safaricom.

This is partly why Huduma card is controversial...the Mastercard connection.
Angelica _ann
#490 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 8:16:39 PM

Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
xtina wrote:

Don't worry, innovation will kill this resistance. Watch this space.
Monk
#491 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 6:43:45 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
xtina wrote:

No one denies M-Pesa is an innovation. I'm for free market. Let pricing/value be the determining factor. Forcing someone to use M-Pesa is no different from forcing Transporters to use the SGR.

Incidentally, businesses accepting M-Pesa are increasingly moving to "Pay Bill", thus passing the Safaricom charges to the buyer. As part of the minority middle class, you can afford it. Can the majority lower income Kenyans afford it? What will they choose, if asked to pay by cash(no fees) or M-Pesa (with fees)?

Monk
#492 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 6:58:02 AM

Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
xtina wrote:

No one denies M-Pesa is an innovation. I'm for free market. Let pricing/value be the determining factor. Forcing someone to use M-Pesa is no different from forcing Transporters to use the SGR.

Incidentally, businesses accepting M-Pesa are increasingly moving to "Pay Bill", thus passing the Safaricom charges to the buyer. As part of the minority middle class, you can afford it. Can the majority lower income Kenyans afford it? What will they choose, if asked to pay by cash(no fees) or M-Pesa (with fees)?

Disclaimer: I hold Safaricom shares, and would therefore benefit if we did away with cash and forced everyone to use M-Pesa.
Ericsson
#493 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 7:37:09 AM

Safaricom led consortium bidding for entry into Ethiopia last week got an approval for a loan of as much as $500million from the USA International Development Finance Corporation.
shocks
#494 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 8:56:18 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom led consortium bidding for entry into Ethiopia last week got an approval for a loan of as much as $500million from the USA International Development Finance Corporation.

how will this work with safaricoms love affair with huawei
Ericsson
#495 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 11:46:29 AM

shocks wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

how will this work with safaricoms love affair with huawei

It's not cast on stone they can't go with another vendor that is in good books with USA.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#496 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 12:00:01 PM

Memba and Safaricom neck to neck pricewise. Interesting times.Corona, the blessing in disguise to Scom that brought us here........34s
@SufficientlyP
Ericsson
#497 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2020 12:47:18 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

Memba and Safaricom neck to neck pricewise. Interesting times.Corona, the blessing in disguise to Scom that brought us here........34s

By the close of the year it will be 35++ as investors rush towards safe haven counters
murchr
#498 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:26:34 AM

The pioneer of a mobile-banking revolution in sub-Saharan Africa is in talks with financial-services providers about expanding its offerings over the next five years, as it seeks to emulate the success of Ant Group’s Alipay.

Safaricom, which has announced plans to bid for one of two Ethiopian telecommunication licenses that are up for grabs, is reviewing tender documents that the neighboring state sent out to interested companies last week, Ndegwa said. Ethiopia’s government has refused to allow the immediate introduction of M-Pesa or similar platforms by the companies that bag the coveted permits.

“There are things we want to get right,” he said. “One is the mobile-money license. At the moment it is not clear at what point it will be opened up, although the government has said within three years.”

While Ndegwa doesn’t expect the company will make “a lot of money” during the first five years of its Ethiopian investment, the Horn of Africa market, which has Africa’s second-biggest population, would be a “significant growth driver” should Safaricom win a license, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.co...nd-into-money-management
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ali Baba
#499 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 12:27:43 PM

Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Monk wrote:
Monk wrote:
xtina wrote:

That would be a bad idea, to force everyone to use Mpesa. It should be optional.

Disclaimer: I hold Safaricom shares, and would therefore benefit if we did away with cash and forced everyone to use M-Pesa.

Ericsson
#500 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 2:07:43 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:

Gap is 60 cents