Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<1112131415>»
Safaricom 2019/2020
VituVingiSana
#241 Posted : Tuesday, March 03, 2020 10:09:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mulla wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom has unveiled revamped PostPay plans that will offer customers bundled voice, data and SMS with no-expiry. The new plans will be available on a 30-day basis with any unused resources rolling over to the next month.
Customers on the new post pay will be able to make local calls across all networks and international calls to India, the United States, China and Canada.

Here are the new #KaribuPostPay plans:
Ksh. 1000 gets you 5GB and 400 minutes as well as unlimited SMS
2K 18GB, 1000 minutes
3K 25GB and 1500 minutes
5K unlimited data and 2500 minutes
10K unlimited data and voice data.

The Minutes are to all networks.

That's a very welcome initiative to swap minutes for bundles. Many of us have so many post pay minutes you are left wandering how you will ever exhaust them yet they keep on increasing....

Why are postpay rates way better than prepaid rates?
Same as subscriptions. A guaranteed and consistent source of revenue.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#242 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:07:05 PM

i have never seen this for safaricomSad
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
xtina
#243 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:18:07 PM

littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

Na bado, infact I think in Africa we are better off. My pension is backed by US-based stocks and I can only call the downward trend in the past 1.5 weeks a massacre.
Ebenyo
#244 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:22:00 PM

littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

very good buy
Towards the goal of financial freedom
slick
#245 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:26:08 PM

xtina wrote:
littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

Na bado, infact I think in Africa we are better off. My pension is backed by US-based stocks and I can only call the downward trend in the past 1.5 weeks a massacre.

But those shorting the US markets are making A KILLING $$$$Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .Bull market climbs a staircase and bear market falls from the window.Massive returns in a short time span.The largest wealth is created in bear markets if you know how to short.More millionaires were made in the 1929 US stock market crash than at any point in US history.
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Ericsson
#246 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:29:25 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

very good buy

Cash is king
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#247 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2020 12:34:31 PM

xtina wrote:
littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

Tomorrow it may go below 25
VituVingiSana
#248 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 9:21:06 AM

xtina wrote:
littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

You must have done very well in the past 10 years. And in USD.
Compare DJIA/S&P to NSE20 since 2009.
If not for Safaricom, the NSE20 would have been much lower.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#249 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:58:34 AM

https://www.the-star.co....-on-coronavirus-menace/

Safaricom Plc's share price on Monday dropped eight per cent by noon, trading at Sh26.35, the lowest level since last May when it sunk to Sh26.80.

A spot check on MyStocks at noon showed the telco's share dropping further, with market analysts indicating it could nosedive to Sh20 levels by Friday as global economies shut on coronavirus menace.
xtina
#250 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:49:51 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/markets/2020-03-09-safaricoms-share-drops-to-10-months-low-on-coronavirus-menace/

Safaricom Plc's share price on Monday dropped eight per cent by noon, trading at Sh26.35, the lowest level since last May when it sunk to Sh26.80.

A spot check on MyStocks at noon showed the telco's share dropping further, with market analysts indicating it could nosedive to Sh20 levels by Friday as global economies shut on coronavirus menace.

Dang, 20?? Drool Drool Drool Drool come baby come
xtina
#251 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:52:18 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:
littledove wrote:
SCOM 26.60 9.83% ▼

You must have done very well in the past 10 years. And in USD.
Compare DJIA/S&P to NSE20 since 2009.
If not for Safaricom, the NSE20 would have been much lower.

More like 5 and I am still working. Good thing is it's more of 'paper losses' and USD but it still hurts.
Angelica _ann
#252 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:52:31 AM

xtina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/markets/2020-03-09-safaricoms-share-drops-to-10-months-low-on-coronavirus-menace/

Elliott's wave showed a drop to 14 bob.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#253 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:18:31 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
xtina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Elliott's wave showed a drop to 14 bob.
Come, Baby, Come!!!! Applause
Ericsson
#254 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 4:30:43 PM

Safaricom FY20 earnings release pre-close conference call is scheduled for Thursday, 19th March while the annual result announcement will be on 29th April.
VituVingiSana
#255 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:17:53 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom FY20 earnings release pre-close conference call is scheduled for Thursday, 19th March while the annual result announcement will be on 29th April.
What's a "pre-close conference call"?
Ericsson
#256 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 8:04:17 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
What's a "pre-close conference call"?

A highlight of the financial performance and strategic moves the company has taken in the course of the current financial year ahead of it's close.
Strategic moves e.g disposal of an asset,acquisition.
This is done to calm investors nerves
aemathenge
#257 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:09:29 PM

Quote:
Safaricom Partners With PSV Operators To Collect Fares via M-PESA

March 23, 2020

Kenya’s leading telecoms firm Safaricom says it has signed a partnership with public transport sector players to accept cashless payments through M-PESA in the ongoing battle to combat the spread of the Coronavirus.

The partnership will see the crew from partnering public transit firms begin accepting fares through their phone numbers.

In a statement, the telco says the service has already been deployed to more than 300 City Star Shuttle vehicles in Nairobi and will be rolled out to additional players in the coming days.

Passengers paying their fares through the service will follow the standard procedure when sending money to another person, keying the number provided by the crew.

Source: https://kenyanwallstreet...llect-fares-via-m-pesa/

If this works, and we get past the Virus, this will be a huge income stream for the Green Monster.
xtina
#258 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:18:14 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

March 23, 2020

Kenya’s leading telecoms firm Safaricom says it has signed a partnership with public transport sector players to accept cashless payments through M-PESA in the ongoing battle to combat the spread of the Coronavirus.

The partnership will see the crew from partnering public transit firms begin accepting fares through their phone numbers.

In a statement, the telco says the service has already been deployed to more than 300 City Star Shuttle vehicles in Nairobi and will be rolled out to additional players in the coming days.

Passengers paying their fares through the service will follow the standard procedure when sending money to another person, keying the number provided by the crew.

If this works, and we get past the Virus, this will be a huge income stream for the Green Monster.

It will be very interesting to see how this will work. I remember the Equity card some years back that did not do well. Matatu industry is one hard nut to crack.
VituVingiSana
#259 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 8:37:03 PM

xtina wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

March 23, 2020

It will be very interesting to see how this will work. I remember the Equity card some years back that did not do well. Matatu industry is one hard nut to crack.
GoK should not waste a crisis to bring them into line.
sparkly
#260 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2020 10:05:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Quote:

March 23, 2020

GoK should not waste a crisis to bring them into line.

Mambo ya matatu ni ngumu. Google gave them Beba pay, Bob Collymore gave them My1963 card + free wifi, Master Card rolled out the pre-paid cards through KCB + Equity. All these efforts failed.

Nothing has really changed to give the new initiative better chances of success.
Life is short. Live passionately.