wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson
Angelica _ann
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:10:20 PM

A new prime minister: Frontrunner Boris Johnson has defeated rival Jeremy Hunt in the contest to replace Theresa May as Conservative party leader and as Britain's prime minister.
What comes next: May will step down as prime minister on Wednesday and Johnson will take the reins.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:29:15 PM

Jeremy Hunt is the People's PM, nor that BJ clown. That said the UK needs to learn elective democracy from Kenya. How can the UK PM be elected with 92,000 votes in a country of 67m people i.e 0.1% of the population while 99.9% have no say?
radiomast
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:39:50 PM

hardwood wrote:
Jeremy Hunt is the People's PM, nor that BJ clown. That said the UK needs to learn elective democracy from Kenya. How can the UK PM be elected with 92,000 votes in a country of 67m people i.e 0.1% of the population while 99.9% have no say?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You must be auditioning for a role as a standup comedian or a russian troll. Kenya is the last country anyone should copy when it comes to elections.

Kenya wastes billions of Ksh on elections paying kina Chebukati millions of Ksh per month plus obscene benefits, only for people with access to the server to decide who wins.

Basically, Kenya borrows billions to hold elections then holds a sham election and flushes those billions into the sewer. Then the powers that be send armed goons to shoot down dissatisfied wananchi protesting the sham election. And you want the UK to copy Kenya? Uko na jokes.
Lolest!
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:30:41 AM

hardwood wrote:

Jeremy Corbyn of Labour party agrees with you. He feels it's unfortunate for the PM to be elected by such a small number of people (party members).

I can't help but like this British system (parliamentary)

You vote for the party once, if the holder leaves office, PARTY MEMBERS vote on his replacement.

At least they have parties that are functioning. Not these useless personality cults in Kenya which we pump billions funding yet they'll die if the leading light leaves or dies!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
sparkly
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:59:48 AM

Lolest! wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Jeremy Corbyn of Labour party agrees with you. He feels it's unfortunate for the PM to be elected by such a small number of people (party members).

You vote for the party once, if the holder leaves office, PARTY MEMBERS vote on his replacement.

At least they have parties that are functioning. Not these useless personality cults in Kenya which we pump billions funding yet they'll die if the leading light leaves or dies!

British system is class based.The haves have a bigger say than the have-nots. In Kenya, all sane adults are deemed to have an equal say. The British have-nots have accepted their fate. Universal suffrage works best for Kenya for now.
Life is short. Live passionately.
gk
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:54:42 AM

During a recent interview with the BBC, Boris Johnson did not know what one of the key clauses of GATT critical for Brexit consisted of.

BBC: So how would you handle – you talk about article 5B in Gatt 24 –
BJ: Paragraph 5B. Article 24. Get the detail right. Get the detail right, Andrew. It’s article 24, paragraph 5B.

BBC: And how would you handle paragraph 5C?
BJ: I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, because that is –

BBC: How would you get round what’s in 5C?
BJ: I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, which is enough for our purposes.

BBC: Do you know what’s in 5C?
BJ: No.
smile smile
Lolest!
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:55:20 AM

sparkly wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
hardwood wrote:

British system is class based.The haves have a bigger say than the have-nots. In Kenya, all sane adults are deemed to have an equal say. The British have-nots have accepted their fate. Universal suffrage works best for Kenya for now.

The Conservative Party delegates who voted for the PM are not ordinary members? I saw stats for turnout
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 9:49:24 AM

hardwood wrote:

Don't we also have a clown? d'oh!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
FundamentAli
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 10:10:40 AM

He is a Joker and a racist too.
hardwood
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:46:58 PM

@alphadot wont like this. Trouble in the US and now more trouble in the UK....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45083275

Quote:
Boris Johnson has been accused of Islamophobia after saying Muslim women wearing burkas "look like letter boxes".

The Muslim Council of Britain accused him of "pandering to the far right".

Labour MP Jess Phillips said she would report Mr Johnson to the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

The Muslim Council of Britain said the comments were "particularly regrettable in this current climate, where Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hatred is becoming worryingly pervasive".

The group said that the government had shown "little action" to tackle anti-Muslim hate and repeated its call for an inquiry into Islamophobia within the Conservative Party.

The chairman of the Conservative Muslim Forum, Mohammed Amin, said the article was "anti-Muslim" and would "whip up hatred of women who wear the niqab and burqa".

hardwood
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:19:40 PM

radiomast wrote:
hardwood wrote:
That said the UK needs to learn elective democracy from Kenya. How can the UK PM be elected with 92,000 votes in a country of 67m people i.e 0.1% of the population while 99.9% have no say?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You must be auditioning for a role as a standup comedian or a russian troll. Kenya is the last country anyone should copy when it comes to elections.

Kenya wastes billions of Ksh on elections paying kina Chebukati millions of Ksh per month plus obscene benefits, only for people with access to the server to decide who wins.

Basically, Kenya borrows billions to hold elections then holds a sham election and flushes those billions into the sewer. Then the powers that be send armed goons to shoot down dissatisfied wananchi protesting the sham election. And you want the UK to copy Kenya? Uko na jokes.

Even the British themselves are complaining about the lack of democracy in their country. Kenya is ages ahead in terms of democracy. In the US Hillary won the majority vote but Trump is president. China and Russia are basically dictatorships. Remember the UK also has an upper house of parliament called the House of Lords where members are not elected but rather sons inherit parliamentary seats from their fathers when they (fathers) die. So the democracy we have in Kenya of one man one vote is very rare in the world. It's ironical that the west doesnt practice the kind of democracy they preach to us.

https://metro.co.uk/2019...uded-99-86-us-10443584/

Quote:
99.9% of us didn’t have a say on Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister
Joe Roberts Tuesday 23 Jul 2019 12:17 pm

Boris Johnson has been elected as prime minister by 92,000 people who are predominately male, white, middle-class pensioners.

The leadership contest between Jeremy Hunt and the former London Mayor was decided by 159,000 Tory Party members, rather than the general public.

Many are questioning why our new leader should be chosen by 0.14 per cent of Britain’s population.

Experts have looked closely at the Conservative membership and found it is ‘entirely unrepresentative’ of the general population based on gender, wealth, ethnicity and their hard-line attitudes against Brussels.

Research has confirmed that 70% of party members are male and 97% are white British. The average age is 57, although over 40% of the group is aged 65 or above. Members are concentrated in the southern half of the country with six out of ten living in Eastern England, London, the south east and the south west.

Politics professor Tim Bale said: ‘The average member will be a man, in his late 50s, will be white British, will live in the south of England and be comfortably off.

Prof Bale added: ‘There is a considerable difference between the party membership and the population as a whole.

hardwood
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:03:25 PM

So this Boris Johnson doesn't have a home and is currently living in his girlfriend's flat. And recently the police were called to the flat after neighbours "heard through the wall" the couple fighting with the lady trying to throw the woman eater out of her house.

https://metro.co.uk/2019...aming-banging-10027748/

Quote:
Police were called to the London home of Boris Johnson and his girlfriend Carrie Symonds after neighbours heard shouting and banging. A neighbour called the police after hearing arguing and screaming coming from the home in South London, the Guardian reports. Ms Symonds reportedly shouted ‘get off me’, ‘get out of my flat’ at the would-be Prime Minister.

Concerned neighbours also said they heard ‘banging and slapping’ but got no response when they called into the home. One witness told the Guardian: ‘I [was] hoping that someone would answer the door and say “We’re okay”. I knocked three times and no one came to the door.’

A neighbour, a 32-year-old nursery worker who would only give her name as Fatimah, said: ‘Just after midnight I heard a lady shouting, but I couldn’t make out what she said, then I heard plates and glasses smashing and things being thrown around. ‘I was watching something on the television and I had to mute it because I was quite concerned, it was coming through the walls.’

In a statement the Metropolitan Police said they were called to the flat in the Camberwell area at 0.24am this morning. The force said: ‘The caller was concerned for the welfare of a female neighbour.

radiomast
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:24:39 PM

hardwood wrote:

Even the British themselves are complaining about the lack of democracy in their country. Kenya is ages ahead in terms of democracy. In the US Hillary won the majority vote but Trump is president. China and Russia are basically dictatorships. Remember the UK also has an upper house of parliament called the House of Lords where members are not elected but rather sons inherit parliamentary seats from their fathers when they (fathers) die. So the democracy we have in Kenya of one man one vote is very rare in the world. It's ironical that the west doesnt practice the kind of democracy they preach to us.

The British are complaining. In comparison, Kenyans don't complain, they pick up pangas and slash each other after every election, they call each other names on social media, they destroy private property, they damage government property such as railways............
In other words, elections in the UK make the British slightly miffed while in Kenya elections make people completely lose their mind and become murderous. Thousands of Kenyans die after every election and

Why?
Politicians charge up people's emotions by pitting tribes against each other. Then they refuse to hold open and transparent elections. The net result is that people conclude correctly that the elections are rigged. Elections that are emotionally charged, when rigged can cause people to completely lose their heads.

The election rigging and lack of transparency causes people become so resentful of each other that they start wishing that the country could be divided into two.

The powers that be can take steps to ensure clean transparent elections. For example they can hire an external company like IBM to host the election server overseas. Any hosting company that is is beyond reproach would suffice (not Chinese). And instead of hiring local corrupt officials like Chebukati, they can instead invite UN officials to oversee the election as was done in Haiti in the 1990s. But they will not do it because their selfish vested interests are more important than the country.

You speak of China's lack of democracy? Guess what? Most Chinese like it that way because their leaders are true patriots or nationalists who put the interests of their country ahead of their own. As a result China has grown from a backwater into the second most powerful nation.

Its better to have a benevolent dictator who is a true nationalist than to have Kenya's sham democracy where Kenyan ethnic groups are pitted against each other every 5 years.

Kenya is the worst country that you can ask anyone to copy.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:47:36 PM

I don't think he'll last. He looks like Trump’s brother but unlike the USA, Britons will not tolerate ujinga.

BBI will solve it
:)
hardwood
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 5:34:25 PM

BJ has previously said nasty things about Trump including that Trump is stupefyingly ignorant and unfit to be president of the US. The internet never forgets....

gk
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:17:56 PM

Ati during Theresa Mays resignation address today,someone shouted from the crowd "Wamlambezi"
I don't even know the meaning but have heard it here n there...
Lolest!
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:59:26 PM

radiomastt wrote:

Yeah, they better copy DRC or Rwanda!Shame on you
radiomast
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:16:30 PM

Lolest! wrote:
radiomastt wrote:

Yeah, they better copy DRC or Rwanda!Shame on you

All Kenya's election problems are self-inflicted.
Many of DRCs election issues are because of the sheer size of the country and the remoteness of some regions and the lack of infrastructure.

And in DRC, tribal warfare typically doesn't happen because of elections. If you look closely at the Lendu-Hema conflict for example, you will find that its being fueled by outsiders like Uganda or Rwanda or the UK who are pouring petrol on century old grievances that have nothing to do with elections.

In Kenya, voting is 98% tribal and all the tribal conflicts we have seen in the last 30 years have been fueled by election issues.

Why ?
Because our leaders campaign by explicitly pitting ethnic groups against each other. Then they proceed to rig elections which is like putting iodine on wounds.

So yes Kenya is worse than DRC when it comes to elections.
KulaRaha
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 12:00:46 PM

FundamentAli wrote:

Didn't we vote for a joker, tribalist and drunk?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Angelica _ann
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 12:04:31 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
FundamentAli wrote:

Didn't we vote for a joker, tribalist and drunk?

Tho yawa at least the drinking he has admitted in public Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen