wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
EA Cables and Transcentury FY 2018
Receptor
#1 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2019 10:22:16 AM

They said they will release results not later than 30th June 2019. Is this a plain case of blatant impunity?
Metch
#2 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2019 11:10:11 AM

Receptor wrote:
They said they will release results not later than 30th June 2019. Is this a plain case of blatant impunity?

I clicked here thinking it was the results Sad

Impunity reigns at the NSE. the penalties (if any) are a slap on the wrist

Start!
Receptor
#3 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2019 11:18:30 AM

Metch wrote:
Receptor wrote:

I called their offices and a woman with heavily accented broken english answered the phone. She told me in below average english grammar that results will be released next week. I guess the cooking is not yet ready
Metch
#4 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2019 11:25:26 AM

Receptor wrote:
Metch wrote:
Receptor wrote:

I called their offices and a woman with heavily accented broken english answered the phone. She told me in below average english grammar that results will be released next week. I guess the cooking is not yet ready

we are also waiting for a material announcement.
Start!
Pesa Nane
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 10:26:56 AM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Angelica _ann
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 10:53:51 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Poleni, kujeni traditional shares BBK, Stanchart, BAT, EABL, DTB, Jubilee Insurance. Zingine ni moto yawa!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Receptor
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 11:02:12 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Thank you Pesa nane.

This is not a good sign at all. Are these two a going concern?
Metch
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 11:52:32 AM

Receptor wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Thank you Pesa nane.

The last FY results were accompanied by a caution from the auditors. Regarding the material announcement... There will be an opportunity in the details. Also loud wailing and gnashing of teeth. Depends on whether u are holding the stock or cash.
Start!
Angelica _ann
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 12:26:47 PM

Metch wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Thank you Pesa nane.

The last FY results were accompanied by a caution from the auditors. Regarding the material announcement... There will be an opportunity in the details. Also loud wailing and gnashing of teeth. Depends on whether u are holding the stock or cash.

So in this statement, mtoto ndiye anaanza, alafu baba, really? Something is not right.

To imagine we once made crazy monies with Cables during the reign of Kibaki and Kibati. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
muganda
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 6:10:53 PM

Ahmednasir Abdullahi SC
@ahmednasirlaw
12:37 PM · Jul 2, 2019
·
The BLUE EYED BOYS of the KIBAKI era suddenly found themselves "rich" beyond their wildest dream.They acted as if they owned Apple, Google, Microsoft etc and created Transcentury..using their "contacts" they floated it on the stock market...today it's an eyesore...a scandal
VituVingiSana
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 7:39:29 PM

muganda wrote:
Ahmednasir Abdullahi SC
@ahmednasirlaw
12:37 PM · Jul 2, 2019
·
The BLUE EYED BOYS of the KIBAKI era suddenly found themselves "rich" beyond their wildest dream.They acted as if they owned Apple, Google, Microsoft etc and created Transcentury..using their "contacts" they floated it on the stock market...today it's an eyesore...a scandal
#Truth
I liked Cables under Kibati but I bailed out after he left. Tranny always looked funny to me.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Receptor
#12 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 10:29:31 AM

These people asked for an extension from May 31 to June 30 and failed to deliver. They then asked for an extension to July 31 but it is now half-month gone. What are they cooking that is taking this long to cook?

How comes that much larger companies in the USA publish their quarterly reports exactly at the end of the quarter but here in Kenya even banks take more than a month to report. For instance, quarter 2 results for most firms in S&P 500 came out on June 30 or +- a week but here companies like EA cables are yet to publish FY 2018 results. On the other hand not even a single bank in KE has released Q2/HY 2019 results.

Is there a reason why results in Kenya take a bit longer to release than say in the USA? or i am i asking for too much? That ours is a mediocrity system of laziness and procrastination and even outright accounting malpractice of cooking books?
Ericsson
#13 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:13:00 PM

Receptor wrote:
These people asked for an extension from May 31 to June 30 and failed to deliver. They then asked for an extension to July 31 but it is now half-month gone. What are they cooking that is taking this long to cook?

How comes that much larger companies in the USA publish their quarterly reports exactly at the end of the quarter but here in Kenya even banks take more than a month to report. For instance, quarter 2 results for most firms in S&P 500 came out on June 30 or +- a week but here companies like EA cables are yet to publish FY 2018 results. On the other hand not even a single bank in KE has released Q2/HY 2019 results.

Is there a reason why results in Kenya take a bit longer to release than say in the USA? or i am i asking for too much? That ours is a mediocrity system of laziness and procrastination and even outright accounting malpractice of cooking books?

The companies are in transitions to lala salama.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#14 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 4:47:21 PM

Receptor wrote:

One of the lessons I've learnt on this NSE is to sell all shares of investees as soon as they start fidgeting or shifting goalposts when it comes to financial reporting. No exceptions on this rule of mine however SOUND the investee company may be. The same strategy may save you from heartache and losses.Shame on you
Receptor
#15 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 10:45:19 AM

Pesa Nane wrote:

The press release in today's Nation newspaper reads like an excerpt from a Harry Potter book series. I need an accountant to explain what all that magic means.
Metch
#16 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 3:25:01 PM

Receptor wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

The press release in today's Nation newspaper reads like an excerpt from a Harry Potter book series. I need an accountant to explain what all that magic means.

It's scanty. The devil is in the details. But I dare say if they pulled it off without diluting current shareholders I'll be impressed
Start!
Receptor
#17 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 4:43:08 PM

Metch wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

It's scanty. The devil is in the details. But I dare say if they pulled it off without diluting current shareholders I'll be impressed

I would not be surprised if they pulled a quick one like they did during the bond maturity in 2016. However, we need details of what exactly they mean by shaving off 44% of debt.
FUNKY
#18 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 5:37:21 PM

Metch
#19 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 6:13:46 PM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/capital/TransCentury--EA-Cables-say-complete-debt-restructuring/4259442-5205888-xb4wbjz/index.html

The news is meant to excite the market ahead of FY results which are so late they might as well combine with H1.
Don't be surprised to meet a profit warning in the morning and results in the evening come 31st.
Start!
Receptor
#20 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 6:20:41 PM

FUNKY wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/capital/TransCentury--EA-Cables-say-complete-debt-restructuring/4259442-5205888-xb4wbjz/index.html

One would expect a business daily journalist to take a 10 minute walk from Kimathi street to Kijabe street to probe and get more details about this deal other than copy pasting what South African journalist have posted on the internet.