wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Centum FY 2019 eps up 69% with div of 1.20/-
Kusadikika
#61 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:46:33 PM

What does it tell you when big players want to liquidate assets and hold cash? Centum, Britam. Are these people seeing some gathering clouds somewhere in the horizon? 2022? SGR cash call?
Ericsson
#62 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:55:49 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
What does it tell you when big players want to liquidate assets and hold cash? Centum, Britam. Are these people seeing some gathering clouds somewhere in the horizon? 2022? SGR cash call?

Safeguarding their investments from becoming worthless in the said companies.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Kusadikika
#63 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 3:39:39 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

I think there is something more. Even Safaricom is just giving out nearly all the profits in dividends. It is like people just want to get the cash out. Companies are not seeing something they can invest in that will be more valuable in 10 years than the cash today. That is scary.
Ericsson
#64 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 3:48:32 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

I think there is something more. Even Safaricom is just giving out nearly all the profits in dividends. It is like people just want to get the cash out. Companies are not seeing something they can invest in that will be more valuable in 10 years than the cash today. That is scary.

Safaricom isn't selling assets
Kusadikika
#65 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:31:08 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

No they are not, they are just not reinvesting profits. Giving it all away in dividends. It means they are not seeing anything worth investing that money in. These are companies that are headed by rather smart people. What are they seeing ahead that is making them say, it is better to have the cash today?
Horton
#66 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:12:29 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

No they are not, they are just not reinvesting profits. Giving it all away in dividends. It means they are not seeing anything worth investing that money in. These are companies that are headed by rather smart people. What are they seeing ahead that is making them say, it is better to have the cash today?

I think you need to understand that Centum divested from Almasi because they need the cash to pay off maturing debt. That’s really the long and short of it. Don’t need to read too much into it. Nonetheless, none of their businesses are actually great, they have sold the farm.

For Safaricom, apple also just started paying dividends a few years back. Perhaps they have no where to reinvest or perhaps they are just flush with cash.
rwitre
#67 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:00:33 AM

They buy a struggling firm – Centum have lost their mind.

They turn around struggling firm, start making money – Management is keeping all the money to itself. doesn’t care about shareholder value.

They sell said firm for a profit to clear debt – Centum doesn’t know what it is doing by selling its cash cow.

The tunnel-vision in these streets. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
sparkly
#68 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:20:40 AM

rwitre wrote:
They buy a struggling firm – Centum have lost their mind.

They turn around struggling firm, start making money – Management is keeping all the money to itself. doesn’t care about shareholder value.

They sell said firm for a profit to clear debt – Centum doesn’t know what it is doing by selling its cash cow.

The tunnel-vision in these streets. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Centum is an investment company. They buy and sell companies, securities and properties for profit.
Life is short. Live passionately.
VituVingiSana
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:22:56 AM

Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

I think you need to understand that Centum divested from Almasi because they need the cash to pay off maturing debt. That’s really the long and short of it. Don’t need to read too much into it. Nonetheless, none of their businesses are actually great, they have sold the farm.

For Safaricom, apple also just started paying dividends a few years back. Perhaps they have no where to reinvest or perhaps they are just flush with cash.

SELL! SELL! SELL!
DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY! DO NOT BUY!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Horton
#70 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 1:39:37 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Modesty and you are enemies. Wonder what would happen if WB became as cocky as you 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

I had agreed that KK was a good buy however on this one, you are alone. Enjoy the ride
VituVingiSana
#71 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 3:15:34 PM

Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Modesty and you are enemies. Wonder what would happen if WB became as cocky as you 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

I had agreed that KK was a good buy however on this one, you are alone. Enjoy the ride
It will be ROUGH ride. Lots of drama & dead assets - Amu, Akiira, Sidian -BUT this is one of 5 "core" positions. Patience is key. I am waiting (hoping) for additional exits over the next 5 years.

Amu - Dead
Akiira - Coma
Sidian - Zombie?
Two Rivers - Living Dead
And so on.

Not for the jittery. It's better for jittery folks to sell.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
tom_boy
#72 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 3:33:23 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

It will be ROUGH ride. Lots of drama & dead assets - Amu, Akiira, Sidian -BUT this is one of 5 "core" positions. Patience is key. I am waiting (hoping) for additional exits over the next 5 years.

Amu - Dead
Akiira - Coma
Sidian - Zombie?
Two Rivers - Living Dead
And so on.

Saying " core" holding makes it sound very " professional ". In reality, the idea of a stock being core while another is not is a figment of ones imagination.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
VituVingiSana
#73 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 4:14:20 PM

tom_boy wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Amu - Dead
Akiira - Coma
Sidian - Zombie?
Two Rivers - Living Dead
And so on.

Saying " core" holding makes it sound very " professional ". In reality, the idea of a stock being core while another is not is a figment of ones imagination.
Yes, it is a figment of MY imagination Laughing out loudly
iris
#74 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 5:36:13 PM

Any comment on Riverbank and Cascadia? Will they see the light of day?
VituVingiSana
#75 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 7:48:24 PM

iris wrote:
That's Vision 2030 d'oh!
iris
#76 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2019 8:33:03 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
iris wrote:
That's Vision 2030 d'oh!

I fear so.
Pesa Nane
#77 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 11:30:47 AM

tom_boy wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Amu - Dead
Akiira - Coma
Sidian - Zombie?
Two Rivers - Living Dead
And so on.

In VVS lingua, "CORE" is nothing more than that he has a SIGNIFICANT amount of HIS money in the investment. Nothing sinister there!
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ericsson
#78 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:45:17 PM

https://www.businessdail...9090-5whh37z/index.html

Investment firm Centum has raised Sh6.5 billion from South Africa-based Nedbank for bankrolling ongoing projects.

The re-financing deal was signed between the Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), the Nedbank property finance division, and Centum Real Estate, the real estate arm of Centum.

“Nedbank provided the financing to consolidate Two Rivers’ debt facilities and is currently working on five deals with Centum, which include developments in Kenya and Uganda,” Gerhard Zeelie, Nedbank CIB Africa divisional executive for property finance was quoted by South African media.

Centum Real Estate managing director Samuel Kariuki told the Business Daily the transaction had in part involved consolidating a primary existing loan owed to Standard Bank by the Two Rivers Mall.