Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Centum FY 2019 eps up 69% with div of 1.20/-
sparkly
#41 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 11:52:28 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum announced on Wednesday that it has suspended further capital expenditure and will put key investments on auction to pay off its mounting debt.

The Nairobi-based investment firm’s latest move is part of a recalibration of its recent expansion as the company’s cash flow tightened and debt-coverage ratio fell.

The firm’s latest debt-driven policy shift is in stark contrast to most analysts’ views that its debt could be paid off using internally generated funds.
Centum, which is cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange, also said it had dropped the “development” aspect of its investment portfolio and shifted focus to “real estate, private equity and marketable securities over the next five years (2019-2024).”

The company has suspended investments in education, agribusiness, power, infrastructure, manufacturing, health, and ICT.

“Over the next five years, our focus is on cash annuity income and holding optimal liquidity reserve. Investments will be in cash-generating assets with no further capital deployments in the development portfolio,” said James Mworia, the firm’s chief executive.

https://www.theeastafric...62028-f7y48e/index.html

This was said here earlier and has come to pass

I thought sale of almasi will sort their debt issues

Proceeds of the asset sale will repay debts of Ksh7.5 billion ($75 million) and the balance will be invested in the private equity fund and marketable securities.
Mr Mworia said “the company is on course to settling the term loans in 2019 and the bond maturity in 2020.”

As a net buyer of Centum on dips, I should be moaning and groaning like some of you so I can get a better price.
Laughing out loudly

Their profits and NAV growth been based on revaluations and provisioning without cash inflows from investments. The strategy was bound to run out of steam at some point.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Gachugi
#42 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:46:56 PM

has this company ever made a loss?
VituVingiSana
#43 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:18:31 AM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Centum announced on Wednesday that it has suspended further capital expenditure and will put key investments on auction to pay off its mounting debt.

The Nairobi-based investment firm’s latest move is part of a recalibration of its recent expansion as the company’s cash flow tightened and debt-coverage ratio fell.

The firm’s latest debt-driven policy shift is in stark contrast to most analysts’ views that its debt could be paid off using internally generated funds.
Centum, which is cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange, also said it had dropped the “development” aspect of its investment portfolio and shifted focus to “real estate, private equity and marketable securities over the next five years (2019-2024).”

The company has suspended investments in education, agribusiness, power, infrastructure, manufacturing, health, and ICT.

“Over the next five years, our focus is on cash annuity income and holding optimal liquidity reserve. Investments will be in cash-generating assets with no further capital deployments in the development portfolio,” said James Mworia, the firm’s chief executive.

Proceeds of the asset sale will repay debts of Ksh7.5 billion ($75 million) and the balance will be invested in the private equity fund and marketable securities.
Mr Mworia said “the company is on course to settling the term loans in 2019 and the bond maturity in 2020.”

As a net buyer of Centum on dips, I should be moaning and groaning like some of you so I can get a better price.
Laughing out loudly

Their profits and NAV growth been based on revaluations and provisioning without cash inflows from investments. The strategy was bound to run out of steam at some point.
Not a problem for investors with long-term views as long as the underlying portfolios are increasing in value.

BUT As a net buyer of Centum on dips, I should be moaning and groaning like some so I can get a better price. Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
xtina
#44 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:32:20 PM

Waa, it seems VVS you will get your price. It seems other investors are not happy with the news. Supply is 10x demand

ICDC 22,800 220,300
VituVingiSana
#45 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 2:05:28 PM

xtina wrote:
Waa, it seems VVS you will get your price. It seems other investors are not happy with the news. Supply is 10x demand

ICDC 22,800 220,300
Drool Drool Drool Let it go under 30! Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
rwitre
#46 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 7:22:54 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

Come Baby Come smile smile
whiteowl
#47 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:26:48 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

I think this is conspiracy by CK to bring it down near 20 and buy more shares.Some years back the price shot up after the "1 Billion war chest" story and I don't think he was done buying.
VituVingiSana
#48 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:51:18 PM

whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

I think this is conspiracy by CK to bring it down near 20 and buy more shares.Some years back the price shot up after the "1 Billion war chest" story and I don't think he was done buying.
Well, then join him smile
Ericsson
#49 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:02:12 AM

whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

At that time the company was not in a debt distress position.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#50 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:08:59 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
littledove wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Not a problem for investors with long-term views as long as the underlying portfolios are increasing in value.

BUT As a net buyer of Centum on dips, I should be moaning and groaning like some so I can get a better price. Laughing out loudly

Exercise caution.
whiteowl
#51 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:23:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

I will.Right now this stock needs as much negative news as it can get.
VituVingiSana
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:36:12 AM

whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
xtina wrote:

ICDC 22,800 220,300

I will. Right now this stock needs as much negative news as it can get.
Applause Applause Applause I saw a trade first thing at 30.25 but it looks pre-negotiated. Next trade at 31.75 Sad
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:48:32 PM

Environmental tribunal cancels Environmental Impact Assessment license for Lamu coal project over failure by NEMA to comply with the law
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#54 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:19:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Environmental tribunal cancels Environmental Impact Assessment license for Lamu coal project over failure by NEMA to comply with the law

I knew this coal project was bound to bring controversy, that is Kenya for you. Whenever you have +3 & more regulator/regulatory bodies be very careful in your investment steps. Anyway let us see how it works out!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Horton
#55 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:29:12 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I knew this coal project was bound to bring controversy, that is Kenya for you. Whenever you have +3 & more regulator/regulatory bodies be very careful in your investment steps. Anyway let us see how it works out!!!

Hmmmm so what next for Centum? Lamu coal, sidian, 2 rivers in trouble. Almasi sold d'oh!
VituVingiSana
#56 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:35:29 PM

Horton wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

Hmmmm so what next for Centum? Lamu coal, sidian, 2 rivers in trouble. Almasi sold d'oh!
SELL! SELL! SELL!
obiero
#57 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:59:25 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

I'm more worried about the founding father

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
tom_boy
#58 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:44:32 AM

I have never trusted the managements motives. They pay themselves fat cash bonuses based on non cash revaluation profits. Maybe the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

For me, its very clear that management motives and that of shareholders are not alligned. They give themselves current cash while promising shareholders future profits.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
sparkly
#59 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:19:02 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Horton wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

SELL! SELL! SELL!

I'm more worried about the founding father

Centum was founded in 1967 as investment arm of ICDC whereby individuals were admitted to invest alongside GOK.
The "founding father" increased his stake by participating in cash calls and buying from open market.
VituVingiSana
#60 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 1:37:22 PM

tom_boy wrote:
I have never trusted the managements motives. They pay themselves fat cash bonuses based on non cash revaluation profits. Maybe the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

For me, its very clear that management motives and that of shareholders are not alligned. They give themselves current cash while promising shareholders future profits.
SELL! SELL! SELL!