wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<6789>
US - China tariffs war
Pedes
#141 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 1:05:34 AM

limanika wrote:
When this ban (by US) on huawei takes effect in say 90 days, then anyone using whatever phone running safaricom network which runs on huawei architecture won't access any apps supported by Android. Then it'll be back to stoneage, Kweli ama Rongo?

Rongo. The ban was for US companies and businesses doing business that whose undwrlying innovations are from US (ARM). In Kenya, if this is not sorted Huwaei phones and maybe Honor will cease using Google playstore ecosystem. They'll only assess through browser.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
Pedes
#142 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 1:17:27 AM

Kusadikika wrote:
tycho wrote:
limanika wrote:
When this ban (by US) on huawei takes effect in say 90 days, then anyone using whatever phone running safaricom network which runs on huawei architecture won't access any apps supported by Android. Then it'll be back to stoneage, Kweli ama Rongo?

It may not get this far. I suspect a reversal and normalization is on the way given that there seems to be no clear strategy by the Trump administration that can withhold the consequence of the conflict.

You are right. The pressure on Trump will not come from China or Huawei but from US suppliers. I am sure lobbyists for Intel, Qualcomm, IBM, Google, Microsoft etc must be making phone calls, writing emails and doing frantic meetings with everyone in any position in Washington.

All those companies mentioned are okay with the ban. They are restricted on their operations within China. As US bans Huawei in US. The rest of the world was the battlefront and Huawei is miles ahead of competition by subsidizing and offering superior products particularly in 5G.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
limanika
#143 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2019 6:48:59 PM

Pedes wrote:
limanika wrote:

Rongo. The ban was for US companies and businesses doing business that whose undwrlying innovations are from US (ARM). In Kenya, if this is not sorted Huwaei phones and maybe Honor will cease using Google playstore ecosystem. They'll only assess through browser.

Trumps target is not huawei phones, these have been around for longest and a non issue. He's after huawei's 'brains' or software behind 5G. He's trying to prevent China creating and controlling the next 'industrial revolution' through early advance in technology such as IoT, Virtual reality, etc powered by 5G. Even Trump isn't exactly sure what to do. He will keep flip flopping if he realizes some actions may backfire or boomerang on the US badly. It'll be more of 'the end justifies the means' case
limanika
#144 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:54:36 PM

Trump blinks. Did he just realize ''American companies want to sell to Huawei?''
#145 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:29:05 PM

limanika wrote:
Trump blinks. Did he just realize ''American companies want to sell to Huawei?''

Some American tech can't survive without selling to Chinese companies. Chinese companies control almost 70% of the global mobile phone market (Huawei, Oppo, Techno plus tens of other sub brands like itel, infinix etc.) and telecommunications technology. The challenge and fear for US tech is when a company like Huawei decides to develop the chips and other elements and supply the rest so they don't get from US.

BBI will solve it
:)
limanika
#146 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 12:56:51 PM

China turning Trade war now into 'currency war' . Trump has never been this scared
kingfisher
#147 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 5:31:46 PM

limanika wrote:
China turning Trade war now into 'currency war' . Trump has never been this scared

Suddenly US products very expensive for Chinese!! That's how they climbed to number 2, Japanese were always crying foul.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
murchr
#148 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 6:22:19 PM

limanika wrote:

Traders made good mulla on gold yesterday
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Kusadikika
#149 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2019 7:06:39 PM

Chinese not buying US farm produce.

https://www.reuters.com/...purchases-idUSKCN1UV0XJ

I don't see how Trump will survive this. Akienda Iowa atapigwa na mawe.

https://www.reuters.com/...arm-sector-idUSKCN1U618F
kingfisher
#150 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 8:19:37 AM

Kusadikika wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/...rm-sector-idUSKCN1U618F[/quote]

[quote from report]China bought 130,000 tonnes of soybeans, 120,000 tonnes of sorghum, 60,000 tonnes of wheat, 40,000 tonnes of pork and products, and 25,000 tonnes of cotton from the United States between July 19 and Aug. 2, Cong said according to the report.

This is what Africa should be selling to china, golden opportunities but will be missed out... but what are our priorities like? All sorghum producing areas like Nyanza should be put into sorghum PAP and bilateral agreements undertaken
thuks
#151 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 8:38:38 AM

kingfisher wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

[quote from report]China bought 130,000 tonnes of soybeans, 120,000 tonnes of sorghum, 60,000 tonnes of wheat, 40,000 tonnes of pork and products, and 25,000 tonnes of cotton from the United States between July 19 and Aug. 2, Cong said according to the report.

This is what Africa should be selling to china, golden opportunities but will be missed out... but what are our priorities like? All sorghum producing areas like Nyanza should be put into sorghum PAP and bilateral agreements undertaken

We are net importers of food
I care!
Njunge
#152 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 8:55:44 AM

That will really hurt US farmers. China will go to Russia and South America and get soybeans from there. Americans can roast their soy and eat it. Trump is an idiot.
kingfisher
#153 Posted : Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:20:44 AM

thuks wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

We are net importers of food

That should change now.. we have the opportunity... been saying there is no market.. here it is!
kingfisher
#154 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2019 3:49:39 PM

Harmony OS
Angelica _ann
#155 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:57:27 AM

President Trump on Aug. 13 said he delayed some new tariffs on Chinese imports to protect U.S. consumers from higher prices during the 2019 Christmas shopping season.

I thought, as per his narrative, China pays the tariffs Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
harrydre
#156 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:26:18 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
President Trump on Aug. 13 said he delayed some new tariffs on Chinese imports to protect U.S. consumers from higher prices during the 2019 Christmas shopping season.

I thought, as per his narrative, China pays the tariffs Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Don the Con. His base cant think for themselves including @hardwood. His tariffs are hurting his own people farmers being hit the hardest.
i.am.back!!!!
Rahatupu
#157 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:23:20 PM

China's nuclear option in this tariffs war is scary

https://finance-yahoo-co...ion-trade-230000834.html
freiks
#158 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:47:28 PM

[quote=Rahatupu]China's nuclear option in this tariffs war is scary

https://finance-yahoo-co...on-trade-230000834.html[/quote]

Don overrated himself as the main fixer fo other countries, already he is backtracking on alot of things he put accross. recession is staring at him like an owl at night, The dragon already left its nest looking for where to suck blood
Life is an endless adventure
#159 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:28:20 PM

kingfisher wrote:

I already love the name. Eventually, Android was going to get some competition and this is just the beginning. I'm sure all major mobile phone manufacturers like Samsung, Oppo, Xiaomi will have their own OS to avoid these business paralyzing and embarrassing kind of situations.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#160 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 2:15:23 AM

Apple must be really scared
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore