wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<34567>»
US - China tariffs war
murchr
#81 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:16:57 PM

Why do poor Africans underestimate the Chinese? Are we so brainwashed?

Huawei is the largest technological company in the world.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kingfisher
#82 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:23:51 PM

Next war will be for the control of the skies....

For now Boeing is fighting it out with Airbus in the long haul market and with Embraer, ATR and Bombardier in the regional jet segment but they still have the biggest share of the Chinese market.

Wait until the Chinese finish perfecting their regional jet you will hear some guys sweating soon ....
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
murchr
#83 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:27:56 PM

kingfisher wrote:

For now Boeing is fighting it out with Airbus in the long haul market and with Embraer, ATR and Bombardier in the regional jet segment but they still have the biggest share of the Chinese market.

Wait until the Chinese finish perfecting their regional jet you will hear some guys sweating soon ....

Elon musk is getting into this space with the electric plane. In my opinion he's way ahead of the pack
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Much Know
#84 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:29:05 PM

murchr wrote:

I have noticed you do not know what the word technology means, and also largest means. One does not have to argue in each thread about everything, especially "technology", that is one of the most misunderstood and misused words in Kenya just as is the case here!

Forbes worlds largest technology companies
A New Kenya
Much Know
#85 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:35:53 PM

kingfisher wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:

If they are doing 16% now, what makes you imagine they cant do 100% in a few years and start exporting? If they had purposed to do 40% by 2020, now that someone is stepping on their toes what do you expect? This will be accelerated and the current suppliers will be the losers in 2 or so years.

Simple, Government cannot be "innovators" and "entrepreneurs", China copies everything and will always lag behind, and it's 8% not 16% and it's copied technology which others care less about like some basic transistors and memory chips with kidogo power. Probably Kenya will move ahead of China, a small country like Israel controls and contributes more to technology than China and will continue to do so forever...even Kenya may leap frog China. What original technology do you use yourself that has originated in China?, copying and developing technology are different things. In the 2020 you are talking about China will be struggling to 'copy' the self driving cars, artificial intelligence and mapping software being developed in other countries, the smart phone market BTW is headed to stagnation and sales are dropping, watu wameshamaliza kulia hapo. BTW i use huawei, i use quality ingco chinese tools in my workshop just as Kenyans we had to settle for SGR because of poverty and ignorance not out of choice e.t.c but i would rather use bosch, makita, Dewalt, craftsman e.t.c they at times copy well and give a good bargain but that's mostly it.

If that war the case then why then all this worry by the americanos?

Remember all this started with google and their android system where people go to get okoa loans na zingine zinaitwa branch (like lunch and breakfast combined), tala kama umelala unapata pesa, etc sijui pay for kanjo for your car and all those apps for music e.t.c, the phone and network is nothing...ebu fikiria kidogo who is worried, the owner of huawei has come out praising the action and even US, why?
A New Kenya
#86 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:39:47 PM

kingfisher wrote:

I don't think anything will beat the war for information, may be only water and oxygen. Information is the key to everything.

Air transport is getting very saturated. I don't think it's a big thing anymore to waste money on, may be space and outer space travel where all there's already action between US, Russia, UK, Germany and China.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#87 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:45:07 PM

Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:

If they are doing 16% now, what makes you imagine they cant do 100% in a few years and start exporting? If they had purposed to do 40% by 2020, now that someone is stepping on their toes what do you expect? This will be accelerated and the current suppliers will be the losers in 2 or so years.

Simple, Government cannot be "innovators" and "entrepreneurs", China copies everything and will always lag behind, and it's 8% not 16% and it's copied technology which others care less about like some basic transistors and memory chips with kidogo power. Probably Kenya will move ahead of China, a small country like Israel controls and contributes more to technology than China and will continue to do so forever...even Kenya may leap frog China. What original technology do you use yourself that has originated in China?, copying and developing technology are different things. In the 2020 you are talking about China will be struggling to 'copy' the self driving cars, artificial intelligence and mapping software being developed in other countries, the smart phone market BTW is headed to stagnation and sales are dropping, watu wameshamaliza kulia hapo. BTW i use huawei, i use quality ingco chinese tools in my workshop just as Kenyans we had to settle for SGR because of poverty and ignorance not out of choice e.t.c but i would rather use bosch, makita, Dewalt, craftsman e.t.c they at times copy well and give a good bargain but that's mostly it.

Remember all this started with google and their android system where people go to get okoa loans na zingine zinaitwa branch (like lunch and breakfast combined), tala kama umelala unapata pesa, etc sijui pay for kanjo for your car and all those apps for music e.t.c, the phone and network is nothing...ebu fikiria kidogo who is worried, the owner of huawei has come out praising the action and even US, why?

It didn't start with Google. Google and other American companies were forced to terminate business with Huawei because Trump had blacklisted it.

Follow Pompeos shuttle diplomacy in Europe and UK. Its failing that's why the US is using scare tactics to anyone dealing with Huawei
Much Know
#88 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:48:13 PM

murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:

It didn't start with Google. Google and other American companies were forced to terminate business with Huawei because Trump had blacklisted it.

Follow Pompeos shuttle diplomacy in Europe and UK. Its failing that's why the US is using scare tactics to anyone dealing with Huawei

It actually started with the arrest of a huawei executive in the US, do you want to make sure your personal information is safe?
A New Kenya
wukan
#89 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:52:17 PM

murchr wrote:

I'm equally surprised that Chinese are not innovators. The streets of Shenzhen has some of the best concentration of technology skills you will find in one location.
AlphDoti
#90 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:55:43 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:

I have noticed you do not know what the word technology means, and also largest means. One does not have to argue in each thread about everything, especially "technology", that is one of the most misunderstood and misused words in Kenya just as is the case here!

He meant "one of"... Or maybe in Telcom? Or maybe Revenue? Huawei should be one of the top in something... The ones you on Forbes is "THE WORLD'S LARGEST TECH COMPANIES 2018"... Large in what?
Much Know
#91 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:03:55 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:

He meant "one of"... Or maybe in Telcom? Or maybe Revenue? Huawei should be one of the top in something... The ones you on Forbes is "THE WORLD'S LARGEST TECH COMPANIES 2018"... Large in what?

And safaricom is the worlds largest technology company....in mpesa....we are not brainwashed technology-wise, everyone should speak for themselves.
A New Kenya
murchr
#92 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:04:52 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:

It actually started with the arrest of a huawei executive in the US, do you want to make sure your personal information is safe?

Actually in Canada and Canada has not repatriated her why? Could it be because there's no evidence of what they are accused of?

In 2017/18 it was ZTE Huawei knew they were next. Not playing ball
murchr
#93 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:11:42 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:

Surely we are not talking about telecommunication and revenue, but technology deployment. BlackBerry was once ontop of that list and they vanished.

You think these American companies would be begging Trump to approach this in a different way if they didn't feel the impact?
Pedes
#94 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:22:46 PM

murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:
Much Know wrote:
kingfisher wrote:

Actually in Canada and Canada has not repatriated her why? Could it be because there's no evidence of what they are accused of?

In 2017/18 it was ZTE Huawei knew they were next. Not playing ball

She is daughter to founder of Huawei. But on the allegations raised by US on Huawei,Huawei invited UKs GHCQ to inspect their equipment and they didnt find any of the vulnerabilities US talks about. There were some issues but not to the magnitude US ventilates.They have asked to work with the US, but have been rejected.Trump got it into White House by saying, amongst other things, that he'll be tough on China,2020 is nigh and he needs to act on his promises.
If you stay ready, no need to get ready.
kingfisher
#95 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:26:50 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:

I stopped reading Forbes long time, unless I wanted to see the American view of the largest, biggest, greatest, poorest, wealthiest, fastest, smartest, etc.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
AlphDoti
#96 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:00:51 PM

2012 wrote:
US has temporarily lifted the ban on Huawei. I wonder why...

Share link or source for details please?
Kusadikika
#97 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:45:11 PM

limanika
#98 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:21:59 PM

It's all about 5G, stupid. America realized very late that China via huawei have an edge on the technology. Its known that a nation which pioneers such pacesetting technology stands to reap massive benefits and this could have accelerated the rise of China economically relegating America to second place. But I think america has just now awakened a sleeping giant. #Pearl Harbour moment#
Rollout
#99 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:19:10 PM

limanika wrote:
It's all about 5G, stupid. America realized very late that China via huawei have an edge on the technology. Its known that a nation which pioneers such pacesetting technology stands to reap massive benefits and this could have accelerated the rise of China economically relegating America to second place. But I think america has just now awakened a sleeping giant. #Pearl Harbour moment#

We make such comments when we sit in a cyber café in a village. 5G? come on, people are talking about AI, Genomics etc. and you are arguing that America and China are fighting about 5G?
murchr
#100 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:55:57 PM

Rollout wrote:
limanika wrote:

We make such comments when we sit in a cyber café in a village. 5G? come on, people are talking about AI, Genomics etc. and you are arguing that America and China are fighting about 5G?