Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
Safaricom....Collymore Successor Yes Kenyan Can
Ericsson
#61 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:28:20 PM

nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
I think Sylvia is brilliant. She holds the second highest position at Safaricom after the CEO and if you look at what her role entails, it's very serious. However, GoK cannot be trusted!!

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.
That is the pecking order

Sylvia role is more important than CFO/CTO my friend. There is a reason that CCO position was specially created.

Even the arrangement of senior management on their website does well to highlight that.

Is she an appointee by Vodafone?
The arrangement is to cheat your eyes.Before her there was a guy called Peter Arina who was very sure he was second in command and was to succeed Michael Joseph.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
nairobby
#62 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:42:26 PM

Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
I think Sylvia is brilliant. She holds the second highest position at Safaricom after the CEO and if you look at what her role entails, it's very serious. However, GoK cannot be trusted!!

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

Sylvia role is more important than CFO/CTO my friend. There is a reason that CCO position was specially created.

Even the arrangement of senior management on their website does well to highlight that.

The arrangement is to cheat your eyes.Before her there was a guy called Peter Arina who was very sure he was second in command and was to succeed Michael Joseph.

She has 5 business units reporting to her. Consumer Business, Sales Operations, Customer Care Service, Brand Marketing & Experience, Digital and Market Development. These are the biggest parts of their operations.

Tell me who else apart from the CEO is bigger than her at Safaricom with this JD.
Angelica _ann
#63 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:44:47 PM

nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

She has 5 business units reporting to her. Consumer Business, Sales Operations, Customer Care Service, Brand Marketing & Experience, Digital and Market Development. These are the biggest parts of their operations.

Tell me who else apart from the CEO is bigger than her at Safaricom with this JD.

CFO handles all the corporate stuff including Slyvia's unit yawa.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
nairobby
#64 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:52:15 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

No he doesn't. Sylvia doesn't report to the CFO. CFO looks at mambo ya hesabu and investor relations. Very important role but not more important than CCO.
Ericsson
#65 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:55:16 PM

nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

No he doesn't. Sylvia doesn't report to the CFO. CFO looks at mambo ya hesabu and investor relations. Very important role but not more important than CCO.

Sylvia is an appointee of Bob.
CFO and CTO are appointees of Vodafone.
No matter how many business units reports to her,that's inconsequential.
Angelica _ann
#66 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 1:59:53 PM

Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

CFO is an Executive Board Member, CCO (& it is Customer and not Commercial) is not an Executive Board Member. I rest my case.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
nairobby
#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 2:12:18 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

CFO is an Executive Board Member, CCO (& it is Customer and not Commercial) is not an Executive Board Member. I rest my case.

Safaricom's CFO doesn't have a board position thoughLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Angelica _ann
#68 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 2:15:52 PM

nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

Safaricom's CFO doesn't have a board position thoughLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Sateesh Kamath - Chief Financial Officer & Executive Board Member!!!

https://www.safaricom.co...e-are/senior-management
sparkly
#69 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 2:15:54 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Why should GoK fight for 1 position at Safraicom, yet Safaricom employees Kenyans in its thousands directly and indirectly. Why does this 1 position matter to them so much.

If one is the biggest shareholder in a company, then they need to have a say on how its run, and also who runs it.

Exactly, you can't wish away the position of a 35% shareholder who also holds the regulatory stick and carrot.
Life is short. Live passionately.
RIEK01
#70 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 2:55:32 PM

Food for thought....During MJ's times, GOK wanted T.Naikuni to take over.
Ericsson
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 3:23:27 PM

RIEK01 wrote:

Just shows the intention of "GoK"
Kusadikika
#72 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 3:50:00 PM

If they get a Kenyan it will most likely be Sitoyo Lopokoiyit. He is politically safe, a consummate professional with the right experience in Safaricom and Vodafone having worked in Kenya and Tanzania. He also has experience from other industries and other countries. He comes of a family of high achievers. I think they might be the most educated Pokot family in the world.

Those who know him will tell you he is the most hardworking, disciplined man they know.
XSK
#73 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:39:57 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
If they get a Kenyan it will most likely be Sitoyo Lopokoiyit. He is politically safe, a consummate professional with the right experience in Safaricom and Vodafone having worked in Kenya and Tanzania. He also has experience from other industries and other countries. He comes of a family of high achievers. I think they might be the most educated Pokot family in the world.

Those who know him will tell you he is the most hardworking, disciplined man they know.

You seem to know him too well smile

is he a friend?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
Kusadikika
#74 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:45:26 PM

XSK wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

is he a friend?

I know people who know people. If you went to Lenana or Alliance or UON at some point in the 90s you must have seen at least one "Lopo" on the basketball court. They are all tall, athletic, hardworking, nice guys.
Angelica _ann
#75 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 4:54:28 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
XSK wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

is he a friend?

I know people who know people. If you went to Lenana or Alliance or UON at some point in the 90s you must have seen at least one "Lopo" on the basketball court. They are all tall, athletic, hardworking, nice guys.

Nakuru High School too, from the Police Commissioner's family.
murchr
#76 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 5:08:49 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
XSK wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

is he a friend?

The next CEO of Safaricom should be one thinking of the next frontier 5g and the internet of everything.

The internet in Kenya is still widely used just to surf the net. We still have a lot to catch up
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#77 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 5:36:10 PM

murchr wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
XSK wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

is he a friend?

The next CEO of Safaricom should be one thinking of the next frontier 5g and the internet of everything.

The internet in Kenya is still widely used just to surf the net. We still have a lot to catch up

And thats why i have my doubts with Mrs. Mulinge. Bob and MJ both came from a telcos background and thats why they got into the job like fish gets into water. Safaricom has a reputation of constant innovation. Safaricom invented sambaza credo to your mother in the bunduz, okoa jahazi, and later kidogo kidogo they gifted the whole universe M-pesa(hata Zukabaga is copying this concept in Libra), dakika inginge they gave us a retro-call back function. The CEO should be someone who will continue with this tradition hapana mtu maembe maembe.

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Fyatu
#78 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 5:38:01 PM

RIEK01 wrote:

Woi...Hindsight is 20-20. We all know what happened to the "shame of Africa".
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Kusadikika
#79 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 6:10:51 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
XSK wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:

is he a friend?

Commissioner of Prisons. Those boys have made their parents proud.

They came from a privileged background but you would never know. I personally knew this one at Safaricom started by selling adverts for Yellow pages telephone book after campo. Literally walking door to door trying to get people with small shops to buy advertising space.
guru267
#80 Posted : Wednesday, July 03, 2019 7:22:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
nairobby wrote:

CEO
CFO
CTO
Then the rest follows.

Mulinge was appointed by Vodafone to run Vodacom TZ. If Vodafone had confidence in her then she is good to run Safcom. Though I suspect her stint at Vodacom TZ was supposed to be training to takeover Safcom in the future before TZ government booted her out.
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16