Terrible, terrible walling!
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:03:09 AM

My worst nightmare is to end up with walling like this, which Kenyans seem to love with a curious passion. Jameni what are some of the ways we can avoid having walls like these? Plastering? Painting? Tiling?

#2 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:55:31 PM

My worst nightmare is to end up with walling like this, which Kenyans seem to love with a curious passion. Jameni what are some of the ways we can avoid having walls like these? Plastering? Painting? Tiling?

Nothing wrong with those walls
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:30:48 PM

@tom_boy

And that's precisely the problem Laughing out loudly
Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.

#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:00:28 AM

@tom_boy

Kenyans hawaoni ubaya na hiyo walling. Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing? Angalia za Seuth Efika. Nywee and well done every day all day.

This is the problem of some Africans. We look down on what we have and try to ape what we see out there. This is despite the fact that trying to ape those buildings leads to greater cost and time expense.

Tell me, what do they use out there to build their houses? Most use wood others fired bricks. This creates a need to protect this walling with an extra coating.

In Kenya, we are very blessed to have natural stone that is weather resistant, durable and beautiful. Why spend extra just to ape a mzungu. Jipende kwanza
MatataMingi
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 9:57:21 AM

Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.
In Europe, the US etc. natural stone is VERY VERY expensive,
Therefore they use concrete blocks, wood, concrete panels etc.
These HAVE to be finished and painted.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.
jamplu
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:11:07 AM

@tom_boy

Why would you dress a stone then go ahead and plaster it??
it will be expensive over time to maintain painted exterior walls than natural stone especially
in your dusty county.

#7 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:20:28 AM

tom_boy wrote:
@tom_boy

This is the problem of some Africans. We look down on what we have and try to ape what we see out there. This is despite the fact that trying to ape those buildings leads to greater cost and time expense.

Tell me, what do they use out there to build their houses? Most use wood others fired bricks. This creates a need to protect this walling with an extra coating.

In Kenya, we are very blessed to have natural stone that is weather resistant, durable and beautiful. Why spend extra just to ape a mzungu. Jipende kwanza

Very funny! Pray tell, why do you "ape mzungu" by wearing modern clothes and not the goat skins your ancestors who used to "jiamini" would wear? Laughing out loudly
#8 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 10:30:49 AM

MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

If you use natural stone, and the keying is done neatly, there is NO need to do anything else.

Even in Kenya, natural stone is becoming a lot more expensive than concrete blocks.
So you will see it used more and more. This requires it to be plastered and painted.

Eventually, it will be your budget and finishing preference that will decide the way to go.

That is my key gripe (pun fully intended) papa. No beef whatsoever with the beautiful grey stone.
#9 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:35:18 PM

Buy, Develop and Hold expert amekaangwa hapa! No coming back.
#10 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:15:57 PM

Na "Einstein " wa Wazoo adds his typical zero to the debate other than his typical brainless one liner Laughing out loudly
MatataMingi
#11 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 3:58:00 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

That is my key gripe (pun fully intended) papa. No beef whatsoever with the beautiful grey stone.

That dear toto, is up to you.
Why use expensive natural stone and get an inexperienced person to dress it properly.
Bogus project management.

I suggest you learn before you build.

I have just built my 5th. house, over a period of 50 years.
You can never stop learning.
New materials, methods are coming up all the time.
You need to be on top of your game.
Good luck Toto.
#12 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 5:50:02 PM

MatataMingi wrote:
Correct @tom_boy.

That dear toto, is up to you.
Why use expensive natural stone and get an inexperienced person to dress it properly.
Bogus project management.

I suggest you learn before you build.

I have just built my 5th. house, over a period of 50 years.
You can never stop learning.
New materials, methods are coming up all the time.
You need to be on top of your game.
Good luck Toto.

Methuselah,
Kweli kizungu ni kitu ngumu.
Sometimes talking to people on Wazoo is like being in the twilight zone.
I made a simple statement; that the walling in the picture was terrible.
I gave the reason very clearly :
Pray tell where else in the world have you ever seen such shoddily done walls where the mortar is smeared untidly while keypointing?

Where do your 5 (phantom?) mega-mansions and "learning" and issues project management come into this very simple discussion about a shoddily done wall Laughing out loudly ?
Kweli una MatataMingi kichwani! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

#13 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:48:03 PM

Yet another example of terrible keying Laughing out loudly
And this house in Karen is going for 30 metre!

#14 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:54:13 PM

Now this is a guy who knows what he is doing. Look at the intricate detail and finesse in how he did the both sections of his walls!

#15 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 6:57:37 PM

Now this is what you call skill in keying. Not those shoddily built homes some of you love.

#16 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 8:02:15 PM

Now this is a guy who knows what he is doing. Look at the intricate detail and finesse in how he did the both sections of his walls!

This is nice. I love walls that are plastered and painted. Imagine if all the ugly flats in eastlamds were plastered and painted? It would be a major transformation.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:37:38 AM

This is nice. I love walls that are plastered and painted. Imagine if all the ugly flats in eastlamds were plastered and painted? It would be a major transformation.

According to the tom mupoys and MatataMingis, that sort of walling is excellent and full of "kujiamini" Laughing out loudly
The excuses people make for accepting mediocrity astound me.

#18 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:22:15 AM

Na "Einstein " wa Wazoo adds his typical zero to the debate other than his typical brainless one liner Laughing out loudly

Don't tackle the referee my guy. I have judged the "debate" and you lost badly.