wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages<1234>»
NMG FY 2018 and Beyond
sparkly
#21 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2019 12:14:52 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Kujeni traditional hardcore shares ~ BAT, EABL, BBK, Stanchart, & of course new kid on the block Safaricom. A bit of KCB & Equity Bank could be a try.

BBK is a spent force.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ebenyo
#22 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2019 10:22:46 AM

rwitre wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:
On this one am so deep in that either the FY18 dividend will have me rejoicing and clearing all my loans,

or the share nosedive in the event of a loss declaration will have me seeking therapy for PTSD.

It can only go two ways. Laughing out loudly

hata mimi hapa things are very thick.My abp here is 101.00 against the current share price of 60.Alafu sina pesa ya kuaverage down!

Hapa ni kukaa ngumu. Pray

If the ship sinks tupatane pale group therapy, and afterwards become motivational speakers on surviving traumatic events

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Superprime1
#23 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2019 8:37:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kujeni traditional hardcore shares ~ BAT, EABL, BBK, Stanchart, & of course new kid on the block Safaricom. A bit of KCB & Equity Bank could be a try.

BBK is a spent force.

Currently BBK has one of the few exceptionally high dividend payout ratios (80%+) alongside StanChart.

Both have good dividend yields to boot even at current prices -- those who boarded a few years back have probably recouped their investments through dividend alone.
Angelica _ann
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 7:16:43 AM

Superprime1 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

BBK is a spent force.

Currently BBK has one of the few exceptionally high dividend payout ratios (80%+) alongside StanChart.

Both have good dividend yields to boot even at current prices -- those who boarded a few years back have probably recouped their investments through dividend alone.

Capital preservation with consistent dividend yoy.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
xxxxx
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 7:44:43 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

BBK is a spent force.

But where are the NMG results???Liar Liar Liar
Superprime1
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 09, 2019 9:02:31 AM

xxxxx wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

BBK is a spent force.

But where are the NMG results???Liar Liar Liar

Still early and the media house is within time. Last year it released on April 18th, so wait for next week I guess.
sparkly
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:42:48 PM

sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:
On this one am so deep in that either the FY18 dividend will have me rejoicing and clearing all my loans,

or the share nosedive in the event of a loss declaration will have me seeking therapy for PTSD.

Expect a drastic cut in Dividend. Uhuruto decided to kill the makaratasi ya kufunga nyama by denying them digital licences, denying them goverment Ad revenue and refusing to pay for services supplied.

My dividend cut prediction came to be. Dividend slashed from Sh 10 to Sh 5..
Ebenyo
#28 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 8:48:58 AM

sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Expect a drastic cut in Dividend. Uhuruto decided to kill the makaratasi ya kufunga nyama by denying them digital licences, denying them goverment Ad revenue and refusing to pay for services supplied.

All these challenges are REAL....even before considering social mediaShame on you

Sadly there are no better alternatives in Commercial and Services for people who like to have a diversified portfolio.

The other listed Companies are:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

longhorn and tps are not bad options but they are somehow illiquid for huge volumes

I consider NMG better than above two.

@sparky,there has been a decline in revenues for the last 5 years.The solution is for NMG to tap immediate revenues from digital business which will take time.Thats my opinion on the way forward.How do you feel?
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 5:34:09 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

All these challenges are REAL....even before considering social mediaShame on you

Sadly there are no better alternatives in Commercial and Services for people who like to have a diversified portfolio.

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

longhorn and tps are not bad options but they are somehow illiquid for huge volumes

@sparky,there has been a decline in revenues for the last 5 years.The solution is for NMG to tap immediate revenues from digital business which will take time.Thats my opinion on the way forward.How do you feel?

Or they look beyond Kenya and the Eastern African region for new frontier markets
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Kenyan Oracle
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:05:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Book closure and date of payment?
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
Ericsson
#31 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:01:38 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

They need to invest in their quality and content of the news they relay.It's wanting and at times KBC gives a better content than them.
Some of their high quality staff left for greener pastures in BBC and CGTN because of refusal to be manipulated by politicians when reporting news
sparkly
#32 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:16:21 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

Over-reliance on print hurting them. Yes, they need to invest in digital. It is easier and cheaper to run an advert on facebook and twitter than on their platforms
Fyatu
#33 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 4:09:04 PM

Their executive producer for TV ni jamaa wa D+ . Yeye ni empty debe kabisa. The sound and picture quality is very poor. They still have two news anchors in their news kama Kameme tv. As @Ericsson pointed out...KBC puts them to shame anyday anytime leave alone KTN which is way above their league in all matters TV. Kama uko ndani hapa just flip channels at 9PM leo and see how D+ this NTV is
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
murchr
#34 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 4:13:20 PM

Fyatu wrote:
Their executive producer for TV ni jamaa wa D+ . Yeye ni empty debe kabisa. The sound and picture quality is very poor. They still have two news anchors in their news kama Kameme tv. As @Ericsson pointed out...KBC puts them to shame anyday anytime leave alone KTN which is way above their league in all matters TV. Kama uko ndani hapa just flip channels at 9PM leo and see how D+ this NTV is

I cringe when i see their seating setup on news at 9...why do they have to be so close? There's nothing natural with the way they read/present news bure kabisa. They've started some shows which are informative and it seems like the presenters there are incharge but on news......thumbs down
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#35 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 4:33:35 PM

murchr wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

I cringe when i see their seating setup on news at 9...why do they have to be so close? There's nothing natural with the way they read/present news bure kabisa. They've started some shows which are informative and it seems like the presenters there are incharge but on news......thumbs down

You are on point brother....sana sana hiyo untidy and congested newsdesk where anchors literally elbow each other.....sound and picture quality pia iko chini deadly
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
rwitre
#36 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 7:33:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Full year DY at current price is circa 8.1%
Results are wanting.
I was parked here just for the juicy dividends. Already one foot out the door. Just waiting for that dividend cheque and a glance at the HY 2019.

Pesa Nane
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2019 3:18:54 PM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Ebenyo
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 04, 2019 4:40:32 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

an opportunity to inject fresh ideas.
cyruskulei
#39 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:39:04 AM

The BD website has never been updated since last weekend.

This is a serious pointer to internal issues.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#40 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:43:11 AM

[quote=cyruskulei]The BD website has never been updated since last weekend.

This is a serious pointer to internal issues.

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/[/quote]

Nowadays they delay updating till afternoon/evening so that people buy the newspaper.