When is this mongrel reporting its 2018 FY results

After Easter Monday
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 02, 2019 3:12:34 PM

wamahiu wrote:
When is this mongrel reporting its 2018 FY results

Things be very thick hereLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Allow the entity ample time to cook!!! Pole sana
rwitre
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 9:54:51 AM

On this one am so deep in that either the FY18 dividend will have me rejoicing and clearing all my loans,

or the share nosedive in the event of a loss declaration will have me seeking therapy for PTSD.

It can only go two ways. Laughing out loudly
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 9:57:15 AM

rwitre wrote:
On this one am so deep in that either the FY18 dividend will have me rejoicing and clearing all my loans,

or the share nosedive in the event of a loss declaration will have me seeking therapy for PTSD.

We have seen how it goes for companies who have delayed in releasing FY results.
Expect nothing good here
Angelica _ann
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 11:56:29 AM

Ericsson wrote:
rwitre wrote:

We have seen how it goes for companies who have delayed in releasing FY results.
Expect nothing good here

In the 2 ways, it will go way 2. smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 12:37:34 PM

rwitre wrote:

Expect a drastic cut in Dividend. Uhuruto decided to kill the makaratasi ya kufunga nyama by denying them digital licences, denying them goverment Ad revenue and refusing to pay for services supplied.
Life is short. Live passionately.
wukan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 2:01:14 PM

sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Expect a drastic cut in Dividend. Uhuruto decided to kill the makaratasi ya kufunga nyama by denying them digital licences, denying them goverment Ad revenue and refusing to pay for services supplied.

Social media rendered their business model obsolete. They no longer cover news they cover history. Wasted too much time covering politicians instead of human interest stories. They are now reactionary and very slow to react see how the reacted to Maribe, Jowie, Kamangara, the monk teacher stories Following up after they were so hot on social media
Ericsson
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 2:14:42 PM

wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Social media rendered their business model obsolete. They no longer cover news they cover history. Wasted too much time covering politicians instead of human interest stories. They are now reactionary and very slow to react see how the reacted to Maribe, Jowie, Kamangara, the monk teacher stories Following up after they were so hot on social media

They were threatened and silenced from telling human interest stories by the leaders of the country.
rwitre
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 2:42:56 PM

Ericsson wrote:
wukan wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

They were threatened and silenced from telling human interest stories by the leaders of the country.

Let's wait for the numbers to speak and show us the way.

Standard Group (same industry and challenges, less reach) recorded a profit for FY 2018.
Ebenyo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 4:41:49 PM

rwitre wrote:

hata mimi hapa things are very thick.My abp here is 101.00 against the current share price of 60.Alafu sina pesa ya kuaverage down!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
rwitre
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 7:53:43 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:

hata mimi hapa things are very thick.My abp here is 101.00 against the current share price of 60.Alafu sina pesa ya kuaverage down!

Hapa ni kukaa ngumu. Pray

If the ship sinks tupatane pale group therapy, and afterwards become motivational speakers on surviving traumatic events
xxxxx
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 8:11:08 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Truth is you are lucky you don't have funds for averaging down. This looks like an obvious value trap. Eversince the topline started declining, I've never heard any serious proposition by mgt or the board about how to rejig the business back to growth. In fact, nmg mgt should start treating nmg like an investment vehicle by drawing cashflow away from media/print/TV ie their current core businesses and invest them into real profitable investments.... Just like how Buffett turned around Berkshire Hathaway. Otherwise, woe unto anyone still in this or who intends to catch a falling knife.
xxxxx
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 03, 2019 8:12:57 PM

sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

All these challenges are REAL....even before considering social mediaShame on you
sparkly
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 7:11:03 AM

xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

All these challenges are REAL....even before considering social mediaShame on you

Sadly there are no better alternatives in Commercial and Services for people who like to have a diversified portfolio.

The other listed Companies are:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi
littledove
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 8:22:35 AM

sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Sadly there are no better alternatives in Commercial and Services for people who like to have a diversified portfolio.

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

longhorn and tps are not bad options but they are somehow illiquid for huge volumes
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
sparkly
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:45:58 PM

littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

longhorn and tps are not bad options but they are somehow illiquid for huge volumes

I consider NMG better than above two.
xxxxx
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:58:10 PM

sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

I wouldn't touch any of the 3Shame on you
Angelica _ann
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2019 7:07:41 PM

Kujeni traditional hardcore shares ~ BAT, EABL, BBK, Stanchart, & of course new kid on the block Safaricom. A bit of KCB & Equity Bank could be a try.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ebenyo
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2019 10:59:27 PM

sparkly wrote:
littledove wrote:
sparkly wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
sparkly wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Atlas
Express
KQ
Longhorn
Sameer
Scangroup
Standard Group
TPS Serena
Uchumi

They need to align the business with the changing environment.Im seeing some small changes but they can do better.
Towards the goal of financial freedom