39 Pages«<56789>»
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive)
VituVingiSana
#121 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:07:45 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re FY 2019 my projection is an EPS of ksh.1 or Profit After Tax of ksh.2.8bn
Dividend per share of ksh.0.25-0.3 post bonus issue.
Price range post release of the FY2019 results ksh.7-8

"Kindly" expect 10 cent div next year with EPS of 65 cents. Reinsurance sector is at distress coupled with lack lustre GOK owned management .

Let those with eyes read.. This is the truth

We shall revisit this post next year after KENRE release FY 2019 results.Then the truth will set us free.
The reason I picked a 5 year time-frame is to allow for the ups and downs on a semi-annual basis. If KenRe keeps going on its slow but sure agenda, we will be laughing in 2024 (when FY23 results will be announced).

I worry about GoK's 60% interest in KenRe but I hope a KCB or even better a Safaricom type deal is hatched in which a *legitimate* Strategic Partner ends up with a controlling interest.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
young
#122 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:11:43 PM

@All
Don't be surprised if there is no dividend for the next 2 years . CC Kengen.

Ken_re needs to consolidate and reposition after the strange and generous bonus funded from part of their reserve.
I still maintain that the bonus was a Greek
gift to appease shareholders for the tough times ahead.
Will offload mine next week at circa 15 Bob (as per current ARTIFICIAL bull run) due to the irrational bonus to position in more promising counters .
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
VituVingiSana
#123 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:47:55 PM

young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Kenya Re FY 2019 my projection is an EPS of ksh.1 or Profit After Tax of ksh.2.8bn
Dividend per share of ksh.0.25-0.3 post bonus issue.
Price range post release of the FY2019 results ksh.7-8

"Kindly" expect 10 cent div next year with EPS of 65 cents. Reinsurance sector is at distress coupled with lack lustre GOK owned management .

The Match: HT results/preview in Sep 2019 but final results TBA in Mar 2020
Contestants: Young vs Ericsson
EPS: 0.65 vs 1.00
Dividend: 0.10 vs 0.25
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
young
#124 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:52:36 PM

The truth is ,
It is better to have FEW units of something than MANY units of NOTHING.

10,000 USD is of more value than 360,000 naira
AND
10,000 USD is more valuable than 100,000 shillings .

Kenya-re at 3.5 Bob post bonus is almost worthless.

When the post bonus euphoria ends and Ken-re faces the reality of NSE bear run , the counter will be struggling to get support at 3.00 Bob.

Look at I&M (1:1 bonus) and WPP SCAN ( Generous 3 Bob special dividend) , see their thorough price loss in the past few days.
Their antecedents with respect their immediate past FY results (Fy 18) is far better than KENRE.

I understand "our friend" HFCK which I offloaded last year at 9.0 Bob at a loss (now 4.45 Bob) will do a rights issue.
Good luck to HFCK.
HFCK also gave a Greek gift of 1:10 bonus last year before she sank to a loss in fy 18.

People in Nigeria answer the name Goodluck, that does not make them lucky . Information and knowledge is better than luck.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
VituVingiSana
#125 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:09:59 AM

young wrote:
The truth is ,

10,000 USD is of more value than 360,000 naira USD 10,000 = 3,600,000 Naira
AND

When the post bonus euphoria ends and Ken-re faces the reality of NSE bear run , the counter will be struggling to get support at 3.00 Bob.

Look at I&M (1:1 bonus) and WPP SCAN ( Generous 3 Bob special dividend) , see their thorough price loss in the past few days.

Currencies do not work that way. Is the Yen less valuable than any of these African currencies?

ZAR 1,000 = 7,700 Yen
KES 1,000 = 1,090 Yen
GHc 1,000 = 20,800 Yen

I do agree that a bonus/split is merely slicing up the same cake in more slices.
I do not understand the need for the 3:1 bonus either.
Selling at 15 will give you a nice realized gain of 30% over the pre-announcement price.
obiero
#126 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:52:23 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

10,000 USD is of more value than 360,000 naira USD 10,000 = 3,600,000 Naira
AND

Currencies do not work that way. Is the Yen less valuable than any of these African currencies?

ZAR 1,000 = 7,700 Yen
KES 1,000 = 1,090 Yen
GHc 1,000 = 20,800 Yen

I do agree that a bonus/split is merely slicing up the same cake in more slices.
I do not understand the need for the 3:1 bonus either.
Selling at 15 will give you a nice realized gain of 30% over the pre-announcement price.

The rationale for issuance of the bonus shares is to cover tracks for inflated revenue reserves at KENRE that are non existent

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#127 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:55:35 AM

young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Their antecedents with respect their immediate past FY results (Fy 18) is far better than KENRE.

I understand "our friend" HFCK which I offloaded last year at 9.0 Bob at a loss (now 4.45 Bob) will do a rights issue.
Good luck to HFCK.
HFCK also gave a Greek gift of 1:10 bonus last year before she sank to a loss in fy 18.

People in Nigeria answer the name Goodluck, that does not make them lucky . Information and knowledge is better than luck.

@young a rights issue is preferred since there is a cash consideration. but this KENRE crap is corruption. when a CEO goes to court to retain his position, you know what's up

Ericsson
#128 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:22:56 AM

obiero wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

@young a rights issue is preferred since there is a cash consideration. but this KENRE crap is corruption. when a CEO goes to court to retain his position, you know what's up

The corruption and looting at HFCK is incomparable.
The rights issue to be undertaken is for shareholders to pay for the stolen cash.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#129 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:25:58 AM

obiero wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

Shareholders in kenre here have never been called to pump additional money via a rights issue
obiero
#130 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:26:41 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

The rights issue to be undertaken is for shareholders to pay for the stolen cash.

Both are washed up used-to-be-good firms

Ericsson
#131 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:30:04 AM

young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

In HFCK the signs were clearly visible even from 2017,I even warned Obiero about HFCK.
Did you read the reasons as to why Equity bank dumped its stake.
VituVingiSana
#132 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:20:52 AM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

I think you mean KQ.
1) Rights Issue of 3:1 in 2012 which only managed 70% primarily thanks to GoK and KLM.
2) Losses from 2012 to 2019 and ongoing.
3) 3 CEOs in 7 years.
4) Bailouts by GoK and KQLC.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Poor @Obiero is losing it.
I hope you share these enlightening insights on Wazua with your clients at Winda. Laughing out loudly

@Obiero advice to Winda's clients:

- Do NOT buy KK since it is a dubious buyout. Let others like @MaichBlack make their 50% gains.
- Do NOT buy profitable KenRe which has paid a dividend for years and has issued a massive bonus. Not to mention it has 20bn in cash.
- Do NOT buy profitable Unga which is making money, pays a dividend and was the object of a takeover.

- BUY the unprofitable KQ, which has not paid a dividend for years, has negative equity and is looking for a miracle.

Liar Shame on you Liar Shame on you
sparkly
#133 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:43:29 AM

young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

These allegations are not based on economic logic and fact. Bonus issue merely moves funds from distributable to non-distributable reserves. Shareholder funds remain the same.

EPS, DY and Price of the share should naturally fall by the factor of new shares issued but that doesn't mean that there is a deterioration of the company as a whole.

KQ consolidated its shares which failed to prop up the price.

Safaricom refused to consolidated its shares at 2 bob, fundamentals have pushed the price over 10 times higher.

In the case of I&M and Kenya Re price will follow the company performance.
Life is short. Live passionately.
obiero
#134 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 8:37:04 AM

sparkly wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

These allegations are not based on economic logic and fact. Bonus issue merely moves funds from distributable to non-distributable reserves. Shareholder funds remain the same.

EPS, DY and Price of the share should naturally fall by the factor of new shares issued but that doesn't mean that there is a deterioration of the company as a whole.

Safaricom refused to consolidated its shares at 2 bob, fundamentals have pushed the price over 10 times higher.

A profit warning on KENRE and still we refer to performance

Spikes
#135 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:27:12 AM

sparkly wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

Safaricom traded @ 2bob for quite number of days and its fundamentals were on an upward trajectory. The giant telco did not trade @ 2bob because of weak metrics but the nature of NSE's brutal behaviour ..Obey @Young's analysis or else you perish along with Kenya Re. Speculators & traders are waiting to prey your shares until you are left holding skeleton of a carcass. Me as a trader/speculator I don't joke I like situations like this one ndio nikutafune proper.
Right now traders/speculators are feasting @Obiero's KQ ruthlessly. I always tell people in cryptos and even stocks we make money even when the bear is in town.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
VituVingiSana
#136 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:47:13 AM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

Safaricom traded @ 2bob for quite number of days and its fundamentals were on an upward trajectory. The giant telco did not trade @ 2bob because of weak metrics but the nature of NSE's brutal behaviour ..Obey @Young's analysis or else you perish along with Kenya Re. Speculators & traders are waiting to prey your shares until you are left holding skeleton of a carcass. Me as a trader/speculator I don't joke I like situations like this one ndio nikutafune proper.
Right now traders/speculators are feasting @Obiero's KQ ruthlessly. I always tell people in cryptos and even stocks we make money even when the bear is in town.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
That's a crock of shite.
Speculators do not add/subtract to the firm's performance or coffers unless there is a Rights Issue.
Neither do long-term shareholders unless there is a Rights Issue or IPO.

If I do not sell and the firm does good like Safaricom did, what is this so-called carcass?

Investors should assess the fundamentals and when they worsen without hope of a reversal, then they should sell once the price is higher than intrinsic value. Examples include Mumias, Sameer, etc.
I experienced this with KQ. I enjoyed the good times and when the reversal happened I chose to exit. This had nothing to do with speculators but with worsening fundamentals of the firm.
VituVingiSana
#137 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:57:42 AM

I am tiring of the useless posts that add no value to me. Comments by those who think the NSE is a fish market shall be ignored. I admit I too have indulged in the silliness but the time has come to stop.

Therefore, I shall only respond to sensible posts that discuss fundamentals of KenRe, the insurance industry, the economy, etc.

Factors that would help me improve my analysis of my investment in KenRe. I am here to learn, share and grow.

Vision 2023 - to be reviewed in 2024.
sparkly
#138 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 11:41:04 AM

Spikes wrote:
sparkly wrote:
young wrote:
The truth is ,

AND

Good luck to HFCK.

Too much talk, nothing to show.

Publish your trades and we will gauge for ourselves if you are making money.

Since the bear started in 2016, most wazuans have been exposed to have been swimming naked smile smile. Some have made money from trading the sideways trends but majority are in capital losses.

This is a buyer's not a seller's market.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ebenyo
#139 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 1:21:25 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I am tiring of the useless posts that add no value to me. Comments by those who think the NSE is a fish market shall be ignored. I admit I too have indulged in the silliness but the time has come to stop.

Therefore, I shall only respond to sensible posts that discuss fundamentals of KenRe, the insurance industry, the economy, etc.

Factors that would help me improve my analysis of my investment in KenRe. I am here to learn, share and grow.

Vision 2023 - to be reviewed in 2024.

Well spoken like 10 wise men.
We need to improve the quality of our contributions.
We should focus to improve our analysis so that we make good investment decisions.
For my part,I'm trying to learn how to analyse stocks both fundamentals and technical.I have been sharing my analysis so that I may continue to learn.And it's not easy because I have had to comb through annual reports,financial statements and daily trading data.
So I support your point that we need to change.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#140 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 7:08:06 PM

The next target area for Kenya Re that is remaining is the Indian Ocean islands of Mauritius,Seychelles,Madagascar,reunion islands and Comoros.
With the business agreement signed between Kenya and Mauritius,establishing a subsidiary in Mauritius should not have several roadblocks.
Kenya has welcomed Mauritius companies like SBM,Omnicane,Alteo Sugar