@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

Who is on this bus to Canaan with me?

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
The group above were with me in KK. I was already on the KenRe bus but I am not getting off as long as Mwarania is the CEO/MD. It will be a bumpy ride with detours lakini tutafika Canaan.
Lini? Sijui.

Ya ARM ulirusha watu ndani ya mto..

@xxxxx and @fyatu are welcome to join but I think their style is different. I may be mistaken.

No-one is excluded. @sparkly @ann and even @mugundaman.
Even @young all the way in Nigeria.
@pesanane who keeps us informed by posting the announcements.

Of course, BUYER BEWARE.
I do not promise/offer "Open Offers" "Exchange Bar" "Inside Information" "Takeoffs" "Code" and all that funny stuff. Laughing out loudly
No guarantees. Plenty of risk given it is a GoK (60%) entity.

What I offer is analysis of what is in the news, press releases and financial statements.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#82 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 6:07:33 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
The group above were with me in KK. I was already on the KenRe bus but I am not getting off as long as Mwarania is the CEO/MD. It will be a bumpy ride with detours lakini tutafika Canaan.
Lini? Sijui.

@xxxxx and @fyatu are welcome to join but I think their style is different. I may be mistaken.

Of course, BUYER BEWARE.
I do not promise/offer "Open Offers" "Exchange Bar" "Inside Information" "Takeoffs" "Code" and all that funny stuff. Laughing out loudly

What I offer is analysis of what is in the news, press releases and financial statements.

Well well. Analysis sure didn't help you with ARM

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#83 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:16:58 AM

Kenya Re is number 3 in the shareholders list of NBK.
In July they are to get KCB shares in exchange for the acquisition.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
xxxxx
#84 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:53:07 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
Lini? Sijui.

Of course, BUYER BEWARE.

I won't join this bus coz I think news is priced in. The interesting question though, is, how you always find yourself invested in entities that sooner or later effect these interventions (Let me call them Special Situations). Applause
VituVingiSana
#85 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:24:18 AM

@xxxxx - Fortune favors the prepared. No, I am NOT tooting my horn.
The KenRe bonus is perplexing. I still can't figure it out.

After my debacle in KQ, brush with Olympia, etc... I started re-reading what Warren Buffett had written.
He discussed Corporate Governance, Moats, Margin of Safety, Long-term/forever holding periods, issues/risks with turnarounds, cutting losses, socks and stocks at discounts, etc.

I do not always succeed. I may choose to deviate from his teachings. Ouch. Think ARM.

He also does not win at every investment but as WB (& his partner Munger) says the goal is to have more/larger Winners than Losers.

Back to KenRe. What attracted me to KenRe was the cash (includes bonds) on hand, conservative (Tier 1 banks, T-Bonds) nature of the investments, low PER, low P/BV, slow but generally steady growth, zero net debt and a sensible MD/CEO.

“Charlie (Munger) and I would much rather earn a lumpy 15 percent over time than a smooth 12 percent.” – Warren Buffett
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#86 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:26:31 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
Lini? Sijui.

Of course, BUYER BEWARE.

Just like other GoK firms(Kenya Power, Kengen) KenRe has all along been very attractive to me on paper(low P.E., Earnings > 10%, high discount on book value etc). Unfortunately, this opportunity comes up when i have no money.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
the deal
#87 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:21:31 AM

Good opportunity to SELL....
obiero
#88 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:34:53 AM

the deal wrote:

Once in a lifetime opportunity

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
xxxxx
#89 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:36:37 AM

obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:

I tend to concur....although in my heart of hearts I know the market loves making fools of us every so often.
MaichBlack
#90 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:48:46 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

Niko ndaaaaaani ndani ndani kapsaaa!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#91 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:16:31 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
rwitre wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
@VVS, I sense that you are disillusioned at the moment. Dont overthink stuff. We dont have the answers that you seek. Its impossible to predict stock performance especially over the long term. This idea of tier 1, tier 2, tier 3 is really nonsense. It is a psychological attempt at justifying the outcomes to yourself.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Mbona machungu

Then he comes here in 2025 to say how people were just lucky!!!

I hate to say this (or do I?) but I told you so!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
sparkly
#92 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:40:44 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
Lini? Sijui.

Of course, BUYER BEWARE.

I have been in Kenya Re for ages.

The Bonus is welcome and will most likely unlock value if the price doesnt tank ex-bonus.
Life is short. Live passionately.
the deal
#93 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:21:15 PM

xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:

I tend to concur....although in my heart of hearts I know the market loves making fools of us every so often.

Let's wait ex bonus...stock will tank to around Ksh2.5...good strategy is to book gains in this rally and then re enter later or cry later....
Ericsson
#94 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:41:35 PM

the deal wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:

Let's wait ex bonus...stock will tank to around Ksh2.5...good strategy is to book gains in this rally and then re enter later or cry later....

Not going below ksh.6
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Superprime1
#95 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:55:39 PM

the deal wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
VituVingiSana
#96 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:08:29 PM

the deal wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
obiero wrote:
the deal wrote:

Warren Buffett would be proud of you. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
*Not!
VituVingiSana
#97 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:31:51 PM

“One of the key requirements of staying invested in a big winner is to have (or cultivate) a high boredom threshold.

Meeting some of my Connoisseurs could be very, very boring because nothing ever changed. They would talk about the same stocks they had been invested in for the past five years or longer. On the days I had a meeting scheduled with a Connoisseur, I sometimes struggled to get out of bed.

The fact is, most of us will find it difficult to emulate the Connoisseurs because we feel the need to do something when we get to the office (or home trading desk) every day. We look at stock price charts, listen to the latest market news on Bloomberg TV, and fool ourselves into believing we could add value from making a few small trades here and there. It is very hard to do nothing but focus on the same handful of companies every year; only researching new ideas on the side.

Many of us, seeing we have made a profit of 40% in one of our stocks, start actively looking for another company to invest the money into – instead of leaving it invested. This is precisely why lots of investors never become very successful.”

https://microcapclub.com.../01/the-art-of-holding/

>>> So my fellow passengers, wachana na kelele ya chura. Unless you want to spend 4% getting in and out of KenyaRe.
Of course, jump ship if the fundamentals change. And they may. If not, then stay bored. Applause
Angelica _ann
#98 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:42:22 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
Lini? Sijui.

Just to set the record straight it is @sparky who made 'us' go back to ARM not VVS.smile This is just for the records, no blame game - final investment decision is an individual affair.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#99 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:44:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#100 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:41:01 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
@maichblack
@monk
@KenyanOracle
@Heri
@Aguy
@Kaufman
@miennyma

How can you forget me?

I had no idea. Karibuni.
Lini? Sijui.

Just to set the record straight it is @sparky who made 'us' go back to ARM not VVS.smile This is just for the records, no blame game - final investment decision is an individual affair.

@AA I recommended people to "trade the bounce" when it fell from 6 bob to 2.5 bob and make 50-75% gains. I got out with my 40% gain.

Some people made over 100% gains but got greedy, refused to cash out.
Life is short. Live passionately.