wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<5678>
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5%
Kibe21
#121 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 7:39:27 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
KCB @30/= EQT @28/= is it the right time to jump in?

Nope don't try catching a hot sharp knife, you know the consequences and result. Relax, you will buy them sub 20 soon.

smile even juicier. My guess is pre-election jitters will be a hurdle in 21/22 safe bet is KCB/Equity will be back to +50/= post 2022.
Balaa
#122 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 10:28:26 AM

Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Nope don't try catching a hot sharp knife, you know the consequences and result. Relax, you will buy them sub 20 soon.

smile even juicier. My guess is pre-election jitters will be a hurdle in 21/22 safe bet is KCB/Equity will be back to +50/= post 2022.

As you strategize remember that ordinarily, stock market price falls take a lift on the way down whereas price rallies take the elevator on the way up. Just don't sink in money you would be needing in the next 10 years. That's my strategy, and it's enabled me sleep easy. Granted some stock price rallies may occasionally take a lift on the way up once in a while, but I don't do luck. I speak from a position of many years' experience.
If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense
Kibe21
#123 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 4:23:08 PM

Balaa wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

As you strategize remember that ordinarily, stock market price falls take a lift on the way down whereas price rallies take the elevator on the way up. Just don't sink in money you would be needing in the next 10 years. That's my strategy, and it's enabled me sleep easy. Granted some stock price rallies may occasionally take a lift on the way up once in a while, but I don't do luck. I speak from a position of many years' experience.

Balaa advice is much appreciated. My predicament, I don't have the kind of money that I won't need in 5years let alone 10.
I'm looking for a short term investment that I can easily liquidate to meet other obligations in 6months to one year. Your advice?
MaichBlack
#124 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 4:29:55 PM

Kibe21 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Balaa advice is much appreciated. My predicament, I don't have the kind of money that I won't need in 5years let alone 10.
I'm looking for a short term investment that I can easily liquidate to meet other obligations in 6months to one year. Your advice?

10 years is an extreme overstatement.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Angelica _ann
#125 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 4:31:20 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

3 years is good, though 6 months is a bit tight.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#126 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 6:57:23 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Not necessarily though I understand the impatience. Warren Buffett has held Coca Cola, AMEX, etc for 10+ years.

Imagine having bought Apple in 2010!

I am not saying one should buy and not monitor the firm's performance though!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ebenyo
#127 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 9:39:28 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Balaa wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

It's more realistic.5 years is also good.Below that not advisable.Let this guy take a money market unit trust.thats for short term goals.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
mulla
#128 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2020 10:32:20 AM

Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

I think current corona prices have already factored in PAT -40% for KCB. There wasn't much blood bath on Friday post announcement. I don't think prices will drop much further down. Recovery of share price will be a long road. I may be wrong but that's my take.
MaichBlack
#129 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:07:58 PM

nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

It's a good time to jump in

Make your own decision. If you listen to people so much, you might get misled. Especially with something that elicits emotions (like the uncertainties brought about by COVID-19)

I am NOT saying you should not listen to people. Wazua has very great minds and experienced people and they will give great advice. But once in a very long while "we are all" wrong on something. Okay, most people.

Example: Safaricom. When it was going for 2.xy 97% of Wazuans wrote its obituary. And everyone had facts - Bruising price wars, voice is dead, it has too many shares - they would have to be consolidated etc. The collective wisdom was DON'T TOUCH SAFARICOM. It has no hope. Search for old Safaricom threads here you will see (there were many). Oh how wrong (almost) everyone was!! Those who didn't listen can NEVER be in the red. They make more than the purchase price ever two years in dividends and the share trades consistently at more than 10 times their buying price.

Personally I have bought Equity heavily. Waiting to make my last two purchases in the next couple of days/weeks then sit pretty.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#130 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:12:37 PM

mulla wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

I think current corona prices have already factored in PAT -40% for KCB. There wasn't much blood bath on Friday post announcement. I don't think prices will drop much further down. Recovery of share price will be a long road. I may be wrong but that's my take.

I think even Wanjiku now has some knowledge on how to interpret results. They understood that the drop on profits is because of increased provisioning due to the current business/health/economic situation. This will not be a permanent phenomenon.

You don't sell your matatu in the middle of the day just because the fares are down by 40% you know the rush hour will definitely be back!!!
MaichBlack
#131 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:20:37 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Make your own decision. If you listen to people so much, you might get misled. Especially with something that elicits emotions (like the uncertainties brought about by COVID-19)

I am NOT saying you should not listen to people. Wazua has very great minds and experienced people and they will give great advice. But once in a very long while "we are all" wrong on something. Okay, most people.

Example: Safaricom. When it was going for 2.xy 97% of Wazuans wrote its obituary. And everyone had facts - Bruising price wars, voice is dead, it has too many shares - they would have to be consolidated etc. The collective wisdom was DON'T TOUCH SAFARICOM. It has no hope. Search for old Safaricom threads here you will see (there were many). Oh how (almost) everyone was!! Those who didn't listen can NEVER be in the red. They make more than the purchase price ever two years and the share trades consistently at more than 10 times the buying price.

Personally I have bought Equity heavily. Waiting to make my last two purchases in the next couple of days/weeks then sit pretty.

I can give you two or three other stocks but Safaricom is by far the biggest gaffe in Wazua history. There were almost no opposing voice to the popular wisdom that "Safaricom had no future and there was no way it would make money going forward". The few who thought otherwise were either afraid to comment or had their voices drowned! Given the giant Safaricom has become including in financial terms, this has to be the one that goes down in Wazua history.
VituVingiSana
#132 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:36:35 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Example: Safaricom. When it was going for 2.xy 97% of Wazuans wrote its obituary. And everyone had facts - Bruising price wars, voice is dead, it has too many shares - they would have to be consolidated etc. The collective wisdom was DON'T TOUCH SAFARICOM. It has no hope. Search for old Safaricom threads here you will see (there were many). Oh how (almost) everyone was!! Those who didn't listen can NEVER be in the red. They make more than the purchase price ever two years and the share trades consistently at more than 10 times the buying price.

Applause Applause Applause
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
MaichBlack
#133 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:29:28 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Example: Safaricom. When it was going for 2.xy 97% of Wazuans wrote its obituary. And everyone had facts - Bruising price wars, voice is dead, it has too many shares - they would have to be consolidated etc. The collective wisdom was DON'T TOUCH SAFARICOM. It has no hope. Search for old Safaricom threads here you will see (there were many). Oh how wrong (almost) everyone was!! Those who didn't listen can NEVER be in the red. They make more than the purchase price ever two years in dividends and the share trades consistently at more than 10 times their buying price.

See what I was telling you @nairobby. If you bought Equity, you would be 20%+ in the money in two weeks. Depending on how you invest/trade, you could sell, wait for prices to go back south if you feel they might or keep your 20% and sing hallelujah!!! Either way, it would be a win! And something had already told you to jump in!!
nairobby
#134 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:05:25 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

See what I was telling you @nairobby. If you bought Equity, you would be 20%+ in the money in two weeks. Depending on how you invest/trade, you could sell, wait for prices to go back south if you feel they might or keep your 20% and sing hallelujah!!! Either way, it would be a win! And something had already told you to jump in!!

Like I said, it was a good time to jump in. Bought a large supply at 28.75. Equity trading at 0.8x BV was a no brainer for me.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#135 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:44:03 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

True @MaishBlack, easy 20% in less than 2 weeksApplause Applause Applause
@SufficientlyP
sqft
#136 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 3:47:31 PM

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20.
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
MaichBlack
#137 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:32:44 PM

sqft wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Hindsight??? This was real time. Look at the dates.
mlennyma
#138 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:36:15 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sqft wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
nairobby wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Hindsight??? This was real time. Look at the dates.

if you depend on people to make a decision you accomplish nothing
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#139 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:36:25 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
mulla wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Kibe21 wrote:

I think even Wanjiku now has some knowledge on how to interpret results. They understood that the drop on profits is because of increased provisioning due to the current business/health/economic situation. This will not be a permanent phenomenon.

You don't sell your matatu in the middle of the day just because the fares are down by 40% you know the rush hour will definitely be back!!!

MaichBlack
#140 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 10:53:33 AM

KCB 36/=, Equity 36/=

29% gain in two weeks.

Talk about steroids.

@Kibe21 I hope you are enjoying the ride.