wazua Fri, May 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
NSE creating dollar millionaires in Kenya like kurazy!
MugundaMan
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:31:35 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
@Mugundaman, could you please explain what is going on here. Peter and Susan are supposed to be billionaires since nothing could possibly go wrong with real estate.

https://www.businessdail...20694-5makev/index.html

A couple of conmen do not an industry make smile. "Nothing can possibly go wrong in real estate" is an interesting statement of your own fashioning that can only be described as "Mutagaesque" in import.
sparkly
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:13:09 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Your grasp of basic Economics and Finance is wanting.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And yours is clearly genius level especially considering the quality of your posts on this thread vis-a-vis the topic therein Laughing out loudly

Why start a thread to ridicule stocks investment including investment in real estate compamies? It doesn't add DC plots to your portfolio
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 11:05:59 PM

sparkly wrote:

Why start a thread to ridicule stocks investment including investment in real estate compamies? It doesn't add DC plots to your portfolio

Why respond with peni mbili duni to the same thread? smile
sparkly
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:38:45 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Why respond with peni mbili duni to the same thread? smile

To make you happy
Ebenyo
#25 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:49:09 PM

sparkly wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Your grasp of basic Economics and Finance is wanting.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And yours is clearly genius level especially considering the quality of your posts on this thread vis-a-vis the topic therein Laughing out loudly

mimi nitakuwa tajiri kupitia NSE!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
MugundaMan
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 2:47:10 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

mimi nitakuwa tajiri kupitia NSE!

Good luck with that papa

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Unless you are a FINANCIAL GANGSTA like wakina FI wa HF, CK wa ICDC, NM wa FIRE na kadharika, real insiders minting from within and giving shareholders the shaft, your chances of joining the dollar millionaire category from trading monkeys and nyanis is almost close to zero. Laughing out loudly . I have asked the NSE'rs to provide public examples of a mere 3 people at most since 1963 who have made their pile (100m+) trading monkeys alone and they have provided zero. The research report that is the subject of this post put the nail in the coffin of the nonsense that NSE is a key path to wealth. But of course those with a stake in the crumbling bourse will always stubbornly disagree even in the face of glaring facts Laughing out loudly

Compare with tumugunda. A 1/4 acre plot bought in Milimani , Jewel in the Crown, DC today today is going for as little as 4m. With improvements (eg premium flats) it can easily be ramped up in value to 100m within a year (50-70% of it your equity investment, 50-30% of it being resale value accruing to the investor IMMEDIATELY upon completion) depending on how many you construct. In 20 years time that investment will be going for an easy B. From that investment ALONE you have crossed the rubicon permanently within 20 years. Imagine an NSE'r trading tumbilis with the same investment amount trying to compete with a Mugundaman who scales that same investment over 10-20 plots over the course of those 20 years. My friend that would be like a mosquito nyonyaring blood from a lions gololis bragging to the lion that said mosquito is winning the race comfortably, papa. Simply put, haiwesekani. Unless only on a different planet from the third one from the sun.
hardwood
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:49:11 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

306 more Kenyans rise to millionaires rank in a year

https://www.businessdail...eeNdmMpbAUvf-PcisjajTZw

So all one needs to join the Million dollar club is own 2 flats huko eastlands each @ksh50m? Or own a few acres or a few bulotis near the city. Then we have very many dollar millionaires.
Rollout
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:11:28 PM

NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:
Technology is a good bus for those with a creative mind. That's what allowed me to join the these millionaires. have made a couple of USD million, my next challenge is to get to $10M.

Happy Hunting :)

Yeah, Technology is the real deal, scales like crazy, makes real estate and NSE look like child's play.

Today, 6 out of 10 richest people in the world are in tech, and so are 7 out of 10 largest companies by market cap. A total contrast to what it was just 15 years ago.

In Kenya, tech is still in the infancy stage and yet we can see it making a dollar millionaire here and there.
In a few years, it will dominate and bring us the first clean $Billionaire.

Sad that the government has not yet recognized this potential, Tech should be like the Big ONE Agenda.

I am a professional investor in emerging companies, whoever tells you that technology will get you to be a dollar millionaire faster probably don't know the stats. I see at least 1000 promising tech startups every year, 80% of which will never get seed funding even after the founders have spent every $ they have and borrow from every family and friends, and after going without pay for up to 5 years they shutdown. 80% of the 20% that get seed funding will not proceed to series B and C. Short story, the technology companies you see today cumulated from thousands upon thousands of failed technology companies. You are more likely to be a millionaire in retail/farming/manufacturing than in Technology. Of course unless you are a hacker!
kitabu_chako
#29 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:20:55 PM

Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:
Technology is a good bus for those with a creative mind. That's what allowed me to join the these millionaires. have made a couple of USD million, my next challenge is to get to $10M.

Yeah, Technology is the real deal, scales like crazy, makes real estate and NSE look like child's play.

Today, 6 out of 10 richest people in the world are in tech, and so are 7 out of 10 largest companies by market cap. A total contrast to what it was just 15 years ago.

In Kenya, tech is still in the infancy stage and yet we can see it making a dollar millionaire here and there.

Sad that the government has not yet recognized this potential, Tech should be like the Big ONE Agenda.

I am a professional investor in emerging companies, whoever tells you that technology will get you to be a dollar millionaire faster probably don't know the stats. I see at least 1000 promising tech startups every year, 80% of which will never get seed funding even after the founders have spent every $ they have and borrow from every family and friends, and after going without pay for up to 5 years they shutdown. 80% of the 20% that get seed funding will not proceed to series B and C. Short story, the technology companies you see today cumulated from thousands upon thousands of failed technology companies. You are more likely to be a millionaire in retail/farming/manufacturing than in Technology. Of course unless you are a hacker!

You forget that technology is now everywhere - in retail/farming/manufacturing! As Marc Andreesen says Technology is eating the world. If you have a business venture that doesn't use technology to achieve certain efficiencies you are leaving a lot of money on the table and will likely soon be in trouble of disruption.

Statistics about start up failures are what I call "fuzzy" wisdom. A lot of start up founders find success after the 3rd or 4th start up, all the while they are learning and getting better, just like in any discipline worth learning, you fail, then learn. So in stead of calling it a failure rate, you should say this is how long it takes most founders to get the hang of entrepreneurship. Of course some people have more talent or luck than others but that is normal.

Here in Africa raising money is not a sign of success, building a profitable business is what is important. Fundraising creates a lot of hype but having paying customers is where the rubber meets the road.

Long and short, no matter what kind of business you are involved in, you can always be in technology and use it to your advantage.

Happy Hunting smile
Rollout
#30 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:03:03 PM

kitabu_chako wrote:
Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:

You forget that technology is now everywhere - in retail/farming/manufacturing! As Marc Andreesen says Technology is eating the world. If you have a business venture that doesn't use technology to achieve certain efficiencies you are leaving a lot of money on the table and will likely soon be in trouble of disruption.

Statistics about start up failures are what I call "fuzzy" wisdom. A lot of start up founders find success after the 3rd or 4th start up, all the while they are learning and getting better, just like in any discipline worth learning, you fail, then learn. So in stead of calling it a failure rate, you should say this is how long it takes most founders to get the hang of entrepreneurship. Of course some people have more talent or luck than others but that is normal.

Here in Africa raising money is not a sign of success, building a profitable business is what is important. Fundraising creates a lot of hype but having paying customers is where the rubber meets the road.

Long and short, no matter what kind of business you are involved in, you can always be in technology and use it to your advantage.

Happy Hunting smile

If I use the comment someone made above, "7 out of 10 largest companies are Technology companies" The comment do not say " 7 out of 10 largest companies use technology to enable business. If the statement is correct then you can't used the argument that technology is everywhere.

Yes, a lot of start up founders find success after a number of failures but don't forget about survival bias, the stories you read and hear is from accounts of those who survived it doesn't account for millions who blew all their money and life on ideas that failed.
MugundaMan
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:59:23 AM

hardwood wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

306 more Kenyans rise to millionaires rank in a year

https://www.businessdail...eeNdmMpbAUvf-PcisjajTZw

So all one needs to join the Million dollar club is own 2 flats huko eastlands each @ksh50m? Or own a few acres or a few bulotis near the city. Then we have very many dollar millionaires.

But that is the point of the article, papa smile
RE is creating them like kurazy every day and the evidence confirms this.
MugundaMan
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 11:01:50 AM

Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:

And this is why I reiterate that RE is the path of least resistance to dollar millionairedom in Kiinya today. Hakuna msukosuko mob! You just invest and develop pole pole and the rest is history. Which RE dollar millionaire of do you know of who had to try ten times and failed ten times before they succeeded at what they did. Hata the Optiven guy was conned only once in the beginning - something he could have avoided with proper due diligence - and the rest was history for him..and even his case of being conned on the first deal is a huge anomaly especially in this age of digitisation of land records.
sparkly
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 12:50:20 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:

And this is why I reiterate that RE is the path of least resistance to dollar millionairedom in Kiinya today. Hakuna msukosuko mob! You just invest and develop pole pole and the rest is history. Which RE dollar millionaire of do you know of who had to try ten times and failed ten times before they succeeded at what they did. Hata the Optiven guy was conned only once in the beginning - something he could have avoided with proper due diligence - and the rest was history for him..and even his case of being conned on the first deal is a huge anomaly especially in this age of digitisation of land records.

The following are the richest 100 companies in the world

https://www.statista.com...-world-by-market-value/

How many are in real estate?

Mike Ock
#34 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:02:12 PM

Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:

The badness of tech is that the internet has made it a global game and that gives the advantage to well funded companies from US and Europe. There are very few opportunities for localized tech for Kenya, but in those few areas we are having billionaires being created. For example payments, betting, Skiza Tunes etc
MugundaMan
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:23:47 PM

sparkly wrote:

The following are the richest 100 companies in the world

https://www.statista.com...-world-by-market-value/

How many are in real estate?

Who cares? smile we are talking about dollar millionaires and what sectors in Kiinya are creating them.
NewMoney
#36 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:34:36 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Rollout wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
kitabu_chako wrote:

The badness of tech is that the internet has made it a global game and that gives the advantage to well funded companies from US and Europe. There are very few opportunities for localized tech for Kenya, but in those few areas we are having billionaires being created. For example payments, betting, Skiza Tunes etc

Well, you can easily turn this disadvantage to an advantage e.g by offering your services to global companies and thus charging a global rate. As an example all tech guys worth their salt can now easily earn over 500k per month on the lower end by working remotely for global tech companies and I know dozens are already doing so in Kenya and this is just the start. There are tons of opportunities for doing tech, export and outsourcing in this global stage as well.

Another way it can be an advantage is you that you can now tap tech tools and services developed by the best minds in the world and deploy them in your local business and easily beat your competion. Some of these tools are free or very cheap. E.g facebook ads, google office suite, whatsapp for business e.t.c. You can even build a new business from scratch using some of these tools.

Bottomline, Kenya is a poor country with a lot of mediocrity everywhere and there is nothing better than getting access to richer clients who value genuine quality services and products.