VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Why can't NSE companies have a set date for reporting Full year financials like Safaricom does?

True and valid point.

Transparency issues; that's why information is always skewed in favour of insiders and their cronies. The rest of us wake up to find the results and other material announcements when it's too late to act.

FY results expected this coming week.

Week ends tomorrow

Confirming if the results will be released tomorrow.

Hakuna Auditor General wa kusign accounts.
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly That puts CMA in a pickle. Does it keep giving KPLC and KenGen extensions?
Then what happens to KenRe?

The Deputy Auditor general will do the necessary

There is no provision for deputy auditor general in signing accounts....thats why whereas there is a deputy AG, he is not acting as Auditor General...but anyway, there could be precedents....for these listed companies , as long as they have external auditors....this may suffice...Though I dont know how it will chance out.

Are we saying no results until Auditor General is nominated, vetted, approved, takes office?

That might take 2 years Sad

Kwani ni ARM,uchumi supermarkets or Mumias
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#202 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 10:07:49 PM

Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Why can't NSE companies have a set date for reporting Full year financials like Safaricom does?

True and valid point.

Transparency issues; that's why information is always skewed in favour of insiders and their cronies. The rest of us wake up to find the results and other material announcements when it's too late to act.

Week ends tomorrow

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly That puts CMA in a pickle. Does it keep giving KPLC and KenGen extensions?

There is no provision for deputy auditor general in signing accounts....thats why whereas there is a deputy AG, he is not acting as Auditor General...but anyway, there could be precedents....for these listed companies , as long as they have external auditors....this may suffice...Though I dont know how it will chance out.

Are we saying no results until Auditor General is nominated, vetted, approved, takes office?

Kwani ni ARM,uchumi supermarkets or Mumias

Recruitments, appointments and vetting can take long in this country. Secondly, Jubilee does not want to be audited.
Life is short. Live passionately.
FUNKY
#203 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 10:45:36 PM

KaunganaDoDo
#204 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:44:23 AM

sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

This should be the week for both KPLC & KenGen....AG or no AG...infact its better this way.
Ericsson
#205 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:44:01 PM

https://www.businessdail...0534-st4nvcz/index.html

Water levels have remained low in the country’s hydro-power dams despite heavy rains, officials have said, ruling out immediate fall in electricity prices.

The Ministry of Energy says it may take a bit longer to raise the dam levels after months of low water volumes that have seen hydro generation decline consistently in the last three months starting August 2019.

Energy Cabinet Secretary Charles Keter said water levels in the Masinga dam was yet to rise after falling about 17 metres below its capacity.

“Masinga dam level is still low at 1041 metres compared to the 1056 metres when it is fully filled. It had gone down to 1039 and you know Sondu is a run- off so there is no dam there but it is currently looking good. Turkwel is yet to be back into generation,” Mr Keter said.
Data from the Kenya national Bureau of Statistics show that generation from the hydro sources declined in the three months to August 2019 when about 251.48 million Kilowatt hours was generated a drop from 368.91 million KWh in July and 272.42 million KWh in June.

“Total local electricity generation decreased from 974.62 million KWh in July 2019 to 967.62 million KWh in August 2019,” KNBS wrote in its latest Leading Economic Indicators report.
Should the rains continue to be heavy in the Loyangalani and Turkana areas, generation from wind is also likely to be depressed as was experienced earlier in the year.
Ericsson
#206 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:01:53 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

This should be the week for both KPLC & KenGen....AG or no AG...infact its better this way.

Results won't be that good
young
#207 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:58:20 PM

For Diversification purposes KENGEN is one of the best out of the worst in Non Finance sector .
Other from my point of view for new entrants includes

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
VituVingiSana
#208 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:52:15 AM

young wrote:
For Diversification purposes KENGEN is one of the best out of the worst in Non Finance sector .

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

All 4 can or will probably pay dividends going forward.
KenGen is the outlier. It could be hit or miss depending on other factors.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#209 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:38:17 AM

young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Scan group and FAHR better than Kengen? Are you out of your mind?
Horton
#210 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 8:55:51 AM

sparkly wrote:
young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Sparkly I think Mzee young deserves respect for his age, experience and opinions. No need to be brash
VituVingiSana
#211 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:42:06 AM

sparkly wrote:
young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you @young is NOT @obiero so this is uncalled for.

@young called KenGen the "best out of the worst in Non Finance sector" and offered another 4.

He has also on earlier ocassions explained WHY he prefers certain stocks i.e. for their dividends.

ScanGroup has paid decent dividends (current Dividend Yield seems good) for the past 2 years.
FAHR has a good DY at current prices.

@young - Ignore such comments. You remember the insults some Wazuans lobbed my way for Kenol. I had the last laugh smile
I too have started looking for stocks with good & sustainable DY as part of my portfolio.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#212 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:02:27 AM

Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Sparkly I think Mzee young deserves respect for his age, experience and opinions. No need to be brash

A rhetorical question is one that makes a point rather than requiring a direct answer: in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message. A common example is the question "Can't you do anything right?"

~ Source Wikipedia
sparkly
#213 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:04:14 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you @young is NOT @obiero so this is uncalled for.

@young called KenGen the "best out of the worst in Non Finance sector" and offered another 4.

He has also on earlier ocassions explained WHY he prefers certain stocks i.e. for their dividends.

ScanGroup has paid decent dividends (current Dividend Yield seems good) for the past 2 years.
FAHR has a good DY at current prices.

@young - Ignore such comments. You remember the insults some Wazuans lobbed my way for Kenol. I had the last laugh smile
I too have started looking for stocks with good & sustainable DY as part of my portfolio.

A rhetorical question is one that makes a point rather than requiring a direct answer: in many cases it may be intended to start a discussion or at least draw an acknowledgement that the listener understands the intended message. A common example is the question "Can't you do anything right?"

~ Source Wikipedia
watesh
#214 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:16:34 AM

sparkly wrote:
young wrote:

Safaricom
Scan group
EABL
FAHR REIT

Scangroup might give out a special dividend if they have nothing to do with that Ksh2.4 billion from the sale of two subsidiaries. They also sitting on a cash pile of ks4.4 billion. They just started finished a full year of proper operations in Nigeria, so its a pretty dope stock for dividends.
FAHR should experience a rise in dividends in the coming financial year after the Finance Bill 2019 kicks in. If you bought in when it was trading at 7.20 at around a month ago, you would be looking at a yield of close to 12% despite the challenges they are experiencing with vacancies in some of their properties.
Kengen is a great long term play due to stability and guaranteed revenues. However, if you want more return in terms of dividends within the next financial year outside the financial sector, Scangroup and FAHR offer some great opportunities.
Extraterrestrial
#215 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:51:06 PM

I think this share is losing its speculative potential. Nowadays, its very stable. However, even in stability, the price has a strong downward bias, in that the big moves are mostly to the downside.
Ericsson
#216 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:48:19 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

Two days to go
KaunganaDoDo
#217 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:51:03 PM

Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

Two days to go

KPLC ,KenGen , and EAPC have received waivers notice to CMA,from office of AG to exempt them from AG audit and opinion for the financial year ending June 2019. So the issue of AG absence is past.

possibility Friday and Saturday.

Angelica _ann
#218 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:34:04 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

Two days to go

KPLC ,KenGen , and EAPC have received waivers notice to CMA,from office of AG to exempt them from AG audit and opinion for the financial year ending June 2019. So the issue of AG absence is past.

Corporate Governance in Kenya. Ok.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#219 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:31:17 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

Two days to go

Who waived this requirement if the office that should waive doesn't have a substantive holder?
Ericsson
#220 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:47:07 PM

sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
sparkly wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

True and valid point.

Week ends tomorrow

Two days to go

Who waived this requirement if the office that should waive doesn't have a substantive holder?

CMA agreed waive the requirement