wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<56789>»
Huduma Namba Je Una yako?
murchr
#121 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:12:58 AM

tycho wrote:
@Murchr, yesterday at around 8pm I saw a crowd gathered at some chemist, and I suspected it was about this huduma number and upon inquiry I confirmed that to be the case. Later I gathered that each person was parting with 100 shillings for the service of filling the form!

Today in the middle of last minute rush I overheard someone saying how he spent 200 shillings to bribe the clerks to get the service.

My daughter called to persuade me to take this number so that I could be able to call her otherwise the earlier threat would be carried out!

Others have falsified information like education level or the home county details etc.

Surely @Murchr what have you done to God's people, and to what end have you terrified the masses to participate in an optional exercise?

What is this next phase you are talking about, and is it ethical?

Those who pay bribes do it knowing it's wrong and criminal.

Those who are taking the number want it for future use, its going to be very cumbersome later on if you and your dependants get education, hospital services from govt.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#122 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:14:05 AM

So, exactly how and when will we get these cards?

BBI will solve it
:)
tycho
#123 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 9:18:09 AM

murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:
@Murchr, yesterday at around 8pm I saw a crowd gathered at some chemist, and I suspected it was about this huduma number and upon inquiry I confirmed that to be the case. Later I gathered that each person was parting with 100 shillings for the service of filling the form!

Today in the middle of last minute rush I overheard someone saying how he spent 200 shillings to bribe the clerks to get the service.

My daughter called to persuade me to take this number so that I could be able to call her otherwise the earlier threat would be carried out!

Others have falsified information like education level or the home county details etc.

Surely @Murchr what have you done to God's people, and to what end have you terrified the masses to participate in an optional exercise?

Those who are taking the number want it for future use, its going to be very cumbersome later on if you and your dependants get education, hospital services from govt.

Paying of bribes, whether known to be wrong or not is a matter of power relation where the payer is threatened with a consequence. Is that threat the 'cumbersome' delivery of services where there is no absolute deadline?

Besides, the data base can no longer be deemed truthful. If one can invite the clerks for tea while registering, how can we know that ghost citizens haven't been added to the register?

Next time we will be told that @2012 doesn't have to use a voter ID and that's when we'll know of how rigging has gone tech...

githundi
#124 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 9:34:25 AM

I am yet to see anyone give a rational, coherent reason on why I need to waste my time in the queue to get huduma number.
Democracy does not belong to the dead
limanika
#125 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:20:30 AM

githundi wrote:
I am yet to see anyone give a rational, coherent reason on why I need to waste my time in the queue to get huduma number.

Come to think of it, is this huduma namba a legal requirement like the ID which everyone needs to acquire after hitting 18? If it's not, then govt can't legally deny you access to services coz you don't have the namba?
Flo-ology
#126 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:10:47 AM

limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

Come to think of it, is this huduma namba a legal requirement like the ID which everyone needs to acquire after hitting 18? If it's not, then govt can't legally deny you access to services coz you don't have the namba?

Government will use it to frustrate you. For example they might delay Passport processing by claiming that if you had huduma number verification of information could have been easier...
Reflection Eternal
tycho
#127 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:26:48 AM

Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

Government will use it to frustrate you. For example they might delay Passport processing by claiming that if you had huduma number verification of information could have been easier...

The huduma forms have no special information for that kind of excuse. Moreover, if the government had cause for such an action as frustrating citizens then they should have made the number a must have!

It won't be long before this scam reveals itself for the monster it is.
kawi254
#128 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:25:48 PM

tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

The huduma forms have no special information for that kind of excuse. Moreover, if the government had cause for such an action as frustrating citizens then they should have made the number a must have!

While in Huduma queue, most of the forms i saw only had National ID number i.e no NHIF/KRA PIN/NSSF/Passport....which makes the Huduma number a 1:1 mapping to ID Number. Hapa serikari imechora a big zero. The Huduma Agent while processing my form with all details had the nerve to complain that people like me who have all the details filled are making his work difficult as it takes longer to key in all details.
githundi
#129 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:32:53 PM

kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

While in Huduma queue, most of the forms i saw only had National ID number i.e no NHIF/KRA PIN/NSSF/Passport....which makes the Huduma number a 1:1 mapping to ID Number. Hapa serikari imechora a big zero. The Huduma Agent while processing my form with all details had the nerve to complain that people like me who have all the details filled are making his work difficult as it takes longer to key in all details.

My exact view. In most cases only ID number was picked. How on earth then will huduma number be used for other services whose details have not been captured?

Surely, only time will tell Shame on you d'oh!
Democracy does not belong to the dead
newfarer
#130 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 1:37:59 PM

githundi wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

My exact view. In most cases only ID number was picked. How on earth then will huduma number be used for other services whose details have not been captured?

Surely, only time will tell Shame on you d'oh!

this huduma number is hard to justify ,if they only need ID then they should have told us they are updating our old IDs with more recent photos. mine is still the good old black and white photo.this has served me well for the last 20+ years .if it aint broke why fix
punda amecheka
murchr
#131 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:55:58 PM

tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

When you apply to get a passport, are you asked for your parents identification?

Btw seems like most of you have actually registered
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tycho
#132 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:31:55 PM

murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

When you apply to get a passport, are you asked for your parents identification?

Most people have registered @murchr but that list doesn't include @tycho. I have read the forms because they were circulating around and I got curious.

As for the question about parents etc. Is irrelevant for the idea of being frustrated by the government because I didn't register.

The Kenya government has always been frustrating me even before I go to apply for a passport anyway.
murchr
#133 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 5:52:30 PM

tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:
Flo-ology wrote:
limanika wrote:
githundi wrote:

Most people have registered @murchr but that list doesn't include @tycho. I have read the forms because they were circulating around and I got curious.

As for the question about parents etc. Is irrelevant for the idea of being frustrated by the government because I didn't register.

The Kenya government has always been frustrating me even before I go to apply for a passport anyway.

Actually it doesn't matter if you are counted if i remember you mentioned that you are in Trump land. So there majuu you know the implications of SSN and how it works with e-verify in rendering services.
#134 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 7:45:00 PM

tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:

Paying of bribes, whether known to be wrong or not is a matter of power relation where the payer is threatened with a consequence. Is that threat the 'cumbersome' delivery of services where there is no absolute deadline?

Besides, the data base can no longer be deemed truthful. If one can invite the clerks for tea while registering, how can we know that ghost citizens haven't been added to the register?

Next time we will be told that @2012 doesn't have to use a voter ID and that's when we'll know of how rigging has gone tech...

Huduma number will be used in the next elections. You will be told to register as a voter or use your Huduma card since all your details are captured anyway. So obviously the people with Huduma will not need to register and that will be the beginning of the real reason for the Huduma card.

BBI will solve it
:)
Liv
#135 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 7:56:52 PM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:

Huduma number will be used in the next elections. You will be told to register as a voter or use your Huduma card since all your details are captured anyway. So obviously the people with Huduma will not need to register and that will be the beginning of the real reason for the Huduma card.

Stop lying... voting is for those who are 18 years and above and they must register in a certain constituency according to the law.. huduma number is for everyone.

Tokyo
#136 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 12:50:29 PM

Authentic and credible information identifying number aka Huduma Namba will be mandatory as countries progress. A few years ago Japan introduced the mandatory “ my number “. Citizens too were reluctant. The main difference is Government delivery to your doorstep. Currently you can’t live a normal life without the number. Similarly I do believe in the coming years it will be impossible to transact or attend any institution including hospitals without the Huduma Namba
work to prosper
masukuma
#137 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 10:08:00 AM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
murchr wrote:
tycho wrote:

Yes... they have my biometrics and other details... but how will they know two of the most important pieces of information that are collected during voter registration
1) whether I want to vote - so that they can plan for me
2) where I want to vote?

All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
newfarer
#138 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 4:30:15 PM

I have registered.. but still believe it's a useless exercise. just found them on the roadside and gave them my ID. No other document.they used my ID to fill the form.waste of time and resources
punda amecheka
tycho
#139 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 5:47:44 PM

@Masukuma, the objections you have presented are about your details being used for election theft you may be correct. Only theft requires a little more imagination than you seem to have - not withstanding your exhortation for others to use their minds.

One can create ghost voters who can answer both of your objections...

@Liv, it is better when everyone is registering for the number because it diverts attention. One doesn't go pickpocketing where there are no crowds.

PS. It may be that the number has been created with various purposes in mind.
tycho
#140 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 5:52:43 PM

Tokyo wrote:
Authentic and credible information identifying number aka Huduma Namba will be mandatory as countries progress. A few years ago Japan introduced the mandatory “ my number “. Citizens too were reluctant. The main difference is Government delivery to your doorstep. Currently you can’t live a normal life without the number. Similarly I do believe in the coming years it will be impossible to transact or attend any institution including hospitals without the Huduma Namba

The process involved for our number has too many holes to be termed as 'credible and authentic'. Voter registration appears to be more credible than this process...

One doesn't need a fixed number to live a 'normal life' even in a digital world. In fact, it may be shown that supplying ad hoc and random numbers may be better than having a fixed data base for wide usage...