wazua Mon, May 13, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<23456>»
Huduma Namba Je Una yako?
hardwood
#61 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 10:37:01 AM

Single mothers forced to provide details of the deadbeat fathers for children to be registered on huduma.

https://www.nation.co.ke...9854-10i6nwi/index.html

#62 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 7:26:42 PM

hardwood wrote:
Single mothers forced to provide details of the deadbeat fathers for children to be registered on huduma.

https://www.nation.co.ke...9854-10i6nwi/index.html

Why do you say forced? If she's a single mother, how would it be forcing? Unless it's a married woman and the kids have diffrent fathers and that would still not make sense since Huduma is not taking DNA.

BBI will solve it
:)
hardwood
#63 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:31:47 PM

Baba has spoken. Hes even more radical than jumbiree...

Gathige
#64 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:36:47 AM

hardwood wrote:

Baba is displaying a lot of enthusiasm for this thing, from billboards to matangas. This thing may be used to replace the voters register, WSR better mobilize his brigade, otherwise he will be left with the tail.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
tycho
#65 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:47:15 PM

Today I had a dream and I saw soldiers effecting some order on dissenters, and I was surprised at the turn of events.

This came some moments after a certain Rasta told me to switch off my phone.

Now, given that my religious and fundamental belief is that dreams are always true, do I have the right to dissent?

And what would happen to me in a situation where a statesman says 'it has to be compulsory'?
kawi254
#66 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:12:37 PM

tycho wrote:
Today I had a dream and I saw soldiers effecting some order on dissenters, and I was surprised at the turn of events.

Now, given that my religious and fundamental belief is that dreams are always true, do I have the right to dissent?

And what would happen to me in a situation where a statesman says 'it has to be compulsory'?

The GoK has capacity to frustrate you until you register for Huduma number (inspite of the court order). The people who can survive without Huduma number in the Village i found them queuing for the Huduma Number over the Easter Weekend. I wish they just called it "3rd Generation National I.D" instead of the fancy "Huduma Number" and then it wouldn't even need Baba's endorsement.
Lolest!
#67 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:37:22 PM

Gathige wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Baba is displaying a lot of enthusiasm for this thing, from billboards to matangas. This thing may be used to replace the voters register, WSR better mobilize his brigade, otherwise he will be left with the tail.

If that was said by Kuria or Ndindi...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#68 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:14:34 PM

kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:

The GoK has capacity to frustrate you until you register for Huduma number (inspite of the court order). The people who can survive without Huduma number in the Village i found them queuing for the Huduma Number over the Easter Weekend. I wish they just called it "3rd Generation National I.D" instead of the fancy "Huduma Number" and then it wouldn't even need Baba's endorsement.

It is not.

This is fashioned like the SSN(Social Security Number) in the US.

There will come a time when without it, you cannot work anywhere because every company will be required to verify if the employees are Kenyan or what their immigration status is/will be. And that is the reason foreigners are also registering their information. You can resist now ukishindana na serikali but eventually you will submit yourself for registration. Am sure some resisters here have already registered.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Impunity
#69 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 11:32:13 AM

murchr wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:

It is not.

This is fashioned like the SSN(Social Security Number) in the US.

There will come a time when without it, you cannot work anywhere because every company will be required to verify if the employees are Kenyan or what their immigration status is/will be. And that is the reason foreigners are also registering their information. You can resist now ukishindana na serikali but eventually you will submit yourself for registration. Am sure some resisters here have already registered.

Me I resist!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

tycho
#70 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:25:12 AM

kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:

Government has the power to frustrate her citizens. That's true. And that's where we get into illegitimacy and outright disregard of the rule of law.

Such a government presents citizens with the moral right to depose it.
newfarer
#71 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:48:32 AM

tycho wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
tycho wrote:

Government has the power to frustrate her citizens. That's true. And that's where we get into illegitimacy and outright disregard of the rule of law.

Such a government presents citizens with the moral right to depose it.

I have never even taken the 2nd generation ID and never felt it.this one I pass unless it's made compulsory which the courts have ruled against.my reason is that it won't add any value to my life.if the government wanted to construct our dilapidated road it would not need my huduma number. it would just build it because everyone can see the road is needed.in my estate one has to set a full day to register and not that there's a long queue. it's like 2 people registered per hour. wonder where those 11million they are talking were registered
punda amecheka
2Czar
#72 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:59:30 AM

Huduma number is supposed to be mandatory for all citizens. After all, even if you fail to register now, a time will come when you wont survive in Kenya without it.Serikali iko na mikono mirefu, so don't think you'll escape. It's just some digital form of identification to make things easier
T-Bag
#73 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:04:21 PM

IDEMIA, formerly known as Safran Morpho ....what?!! say Morpho again and servers and IEBC surface ........ I am finished completely..... Huduma number will replace the voters card and 2022 is already decided.....I thought Morpho has my bio-metrics why do they need it again?
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
tycho
#74 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:39:17 PM

2Czar wrote:
Huduma number is supposed to be mandatory for all citizens. After all, even if you fail to register now, a time will come when you wont survive in Kenya without it.Serikali iko na mikono mirefu, so don't think you'll escape. It's just some digital form of identification to make things easier

My contention is that NOTHING should be mandatory for citizens. Not even the digital world.

Look at the discourse that the government is having with 'the people'. For example, how much civic education is being given for this registration? If it is that important, what are some of the opportunities that await Wanjiku?

There are other genuine concerns. For example: all this data can be used by the government to profile individuals. If an authoritarian government has our profiles and other sophisticated info on her citizens, what are the probabilities that power will be abused?

How can one know what's mandatory for all citizens?

Normally, when you see elites converging, something is afoot. And when we look at global events we see the emergence of a new world order. Wanjiku isn't being educated about this. What happens next? We are going to the internet of things, how will politics change at that time?

I think this is a very serious matter and I thank the courts so far for sticking on its job to balance power. I pray that God may protect the judiciary during these scary times.

murchr
#75 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:12:00 PM

20Million 18 days to go
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:30:16 PM

I registered for huduma today at one of the high end hotels in the city. Good that the centers are spread everywhere.
Mseto binti
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:39:48 PM

hardwood wrote:
I registered for huduma today at one of the high end hotels in the city. Good that the centers are spread everywhere.

Which hotel hardwood.... me want that too
I found meaningful work🤓
XSK
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2019 7:51:44 PM

Siringi wrote:

Je Una Yako ? hii kitu ni nini?

Ndio nimejisajilismile
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
masukuma
#79 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2019 8:49:30 PM

T-Bag wrote:
IDEMIA, formerly known as Safran Morpho ....what?!! say Morpho again and servers and IEBC surface ........ I am finished completely..... Huduma number will replace the voters card and 2022 is already decided.....I thought Morpho has my bio-metrics why do they need it again?

scratch head???

When you register for Hujuma namba -Do you tell them where you will vote?

IEBC has your biometrics and if you remember Issak Hassan - he said they will never share that data with the executive (so that people like me who are suspicious of the state - come and register)
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#80 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2019 11:40:41 PM

T-Bag wrote:

Now that you use your Kabambe phone is techno able to read your messages and view your pictures?