wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Shafted by a Wazuan
hardwood
#81 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 9:38:31 PM

Forester wrote:
https://youtu.be/3E_AQwzLDMs

Our woes continue...😡😡😡 Developer behaves like he is doing us a favour. Now Ministry of Health officials have given house owners a 7 day notice to rectify the issues. Grrrrrrr 😡😡😡

If I remember correctly you said the developer got into trouble coz he constructed a biodigester that discharges into the jiranis compound, the road and the river. I think a biodigester should be for a single family home so that the water has time to seep into the ground. But when you have blocks of flats with over 50 families, then its difficult for the soil to absorb all that effluent from the biodigester and therefore the point of discharge will form a spring, bubbling with sewerage water.
VituVingiSana
#82 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2019 9:50:18 PM

hardwood wrote:
Forester wrote:
https://youtu.be/3E_AQwzLDMs

Our woes continue...😡😡😡 Developer behaves like he is doing us a favour. Now Ministry of Health officials have given house owners a 7 day notice to rectify the issues. Grrrrrrr 😡😡😡

If I remember correctly you said the developer got into trouble coz he constructed a biodigester that discharges into the jiranis compound, the road and the river. I think a biodigester should be for a single family home so that the water has time to seep into the ground. But when you have blocks of flats with over 50 families, then its difficult for the soil to absorb all that effluent from the biodigester and therefore the point of discharge will form a spring, bubbling with sewerage water.

Unless there is sufficient open land/garden - for 50 units - to absorb the effluent. Or a detention pond.

Sadly, that is unlikely the case given the love by developers of paving over "open" land. The same applies to homeowners who build extensions and paved lots where there should be green.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett