wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Shafted by a Wazuan
Forester
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:20:15 AM

So, back in 2016 i decided to get my family a roof over their heads and after searching settled for some apartment 125sqm 12kms from CBD. This was on the notion that 10 years down the line, would still be living and working in the city as a young professional so no need of building in DC.I got a mortgage financied by employer at a good rate.

Late 2017, kicked my landlord to the curb and moved to my new place. The feeling was nostalgic.

Hardly a year down the line, I've had to replace all doors and door frames (developer who is a well known Wazuan put cypress doors and frames painted them brown to look like mahogany), the locks broke and neighbours keep getting stuck having to break down doors-replaced all of them to keep my toddler safe from getting stuck in the kitchen just in case the help went to anua clothes and the kid ran there when githeri was boiling, taps and sinks leaking, paint already peeling, biodigester/soakpit has failed and sijui is spilling onto someone's land/road reserve and developer says owners must meet 50% of the cost or repairs, can hear neighbours mucene/TV/ from top and bottom houses cuz apparently, the window frame was joined top to bottom and a gap left that allows sound to escape (total crap). All fixtures imported from China and doors/wardrobes made on site all in the name of saving costs.

So, am here doing major repairs while paying a mortgage all because of someone's greed.

Don't come here and tell us of your oh so wonderful experience constructing houses and cost savings all the while delivering substandard houses. Bure kabisa!

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
murchr
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:28:44 AM

Just anika them in the same spirit so that no other wazuan gets into the mess.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
drogon
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:46:15 AM

Forester wrote:
So, back in 2016 i decided to get my family a roof over their heads and after searching settled for some apartment 125sqm 12kms from CBD. This was on the notion that 10 years down the line, would still be living and working in the city as a young professional so no need of building in DC.I got a mortgage financied by employer at a good rate.

Late 2017, kicked my landlord to the curb and moved to my new place. The feeling was nostalgic.

Hardly a year down the line, I've had to replace all doors and frames (developer who is a well known Wazuan put cypress doors and frames), the locks broke and neighbours keep getting stuck having to break down doors-replaced all of them to keep my toddler safe from getting stuck in the kitchen just in case the help went to anua clothes and the kid ran there when githeri was boiling, taps and sinks leaking, paint already peeling, biodigester has failed and sijui is spilling onto someone's land/road reserve and developer says owners must meet 50% of the cost or repairs, can hear neighbours mucene/TV/ from top and bottom houses cuz apparently, the window frame was joined top to bottom and a gap left that allows sound to escape (total crap). All fixtures imported from China and doors/wardrobes made on site all in the name of saving costs.

So, am here doing major repairs while paying a mortgage all because of someone's greed.

Don't come here and tell us of your oh so wonderful experience constructing houses and cost savings all the while delivering substandard houses. Bure kabisa!

Did you buy the house online?
Why didn't you check/inspect what you were buying?

OR you went to buy a cheap house then you were expecting mahogany doors and Italian taps.

Thitifini
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:53:39 AM

Forester wrote:

Hardly a year down the line, I've had to replace all doors and frames (developer who is a well known Wazuan put cypress doors and frames), the locks broke and neighbours keep getting stuck having to break down doors-replaced all of them to keep my toddler safe from getting stuck in the kitchen just in case the help went to anua clothes and the kid ran there when githeri was boiling, taps and sinks leaking, paint already peeling, biodigester has failed and sijui is spilling onto someone's land/road reserve and developer says owners must meet 50% of the cost or repairs, can hear neighbours mucene/TV/ from top and bottom houses cuz apparently, the window frame was joined top to bottom and a gap left that allows sound to escape (total crap). All fixtures imported from China and doors/wardrobes made on site all in the name of saving costs.

As discussed here before, buying a roof for your family which liveth another family is a disaster.

That don't mean kenyans and wazuans will shy away from shafting guys who don't listen.

My advice would be to just accept and move on. DC is still open and you can pass the shafting to the next guysmile .

If I'm blessed this/next year I wouldn't mind shafting some other guys who won't have learnt, be it hapa ama in the wider economy smile (thread on low cost housing comes to mind).

After all, what did Mwalimu Nyerere say about cannibalistic tendencies of KE's?

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
Angelica _ann
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:20:10 AM

murchr wrote:

The wazuan looks obvious to me!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Forester
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:35:54 AM

Thitifini wrote:
Forester wrote:

As discussed here before, buying a roof for your family which liveth another family is a disaster.

That don't mean kenyans and wazuans will shy away from shafting guys who don't listen.

My advice would be to just accept and move on. DC is still open and you can pass the shafting to the next guysmile .

If I'm blessed this/next year I wouldn't mind shafting some other guys who won't have learnt, be it hapa ama in the wider economy smile (thread on low cost housing comes to mind).

After all, what did Mwalimu Nyerere say about cannibalistic tendencies of KE's?

@Thitifini, we're talking of new new units here as in first occupant.

There're about 32 units and every week folks are doing repairs.

You may not understand the pain of sitting on your toilet doing your stuff and the toilet seat breaks/cracks injuring your makalioz.Sad

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Forester
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:38:47 AM

drogon wrote:
Forester wrote:

Did you buy the house online?
Why didn't you check/inspect what you were buying?

OR you went to buy a cheap house then you were expecting mahogany doors and Italian taps.

KES. 9 million may be cheap to you but not to some of us.

Visited phase one on numerous occasions, the show house was well done wasn't easy to see the underlying issues.
Forester
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 6:47:16 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

@AA, the guy who appears on BD Africa louded as an upcoming developer currently doing another project on Eastern Bypass.

Woe unto the guys who'll buy the houses as same cheap fixtures/fittings have been used.
alma1
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:20:08 AM

Before I'm named I would like to ask the guys on wazua we are working with. "I will finish what we started."

These are very scary threads.

But if it's who I think it is, you were warned.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

newfarer
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:24:52 AM

Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

@AA, the guy who appears on BD Africa louded as an upcoming developer currently doing another project on Eastern Bypass.

Woe unto the guys who'll buy the houses as same cheap fixtures/fittings have been used.

what is the first letter of his name at least.please name him so he can defend himself and also the rest of us can deal with him with caution.if he has scr*w*d you there is nothing to lose in naming him
punda amecheka
Superprime1
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 9:50:27 AM

newfarer wrote:
Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

what is the first letter of his name at least.please name him so he can defend himself and also the rest of us can deal with him with caution.if he has scr*w*d you there is nothing to lose in naming him

Following closely. We need disclosure so we can have disclaimers and proceed with caution.
Whoever it is didn't shaft you in good faith, so, don't shy away from naming names and shaming them. Very sad.
Ebenyo
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 10:42:49 AM

Forester wrote:

Pole for the misfortune.It will be very helpful for us if you give the name of the wazuan who shafted you.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Forester
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:26:39 PM

newfarer wrote:
Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yaani even putting a magic connector on the sinks was a problem. Something simple and doesn't cost much. Never seen a kitchen drainage (that silver thing) being put as the bathroom drainage. When I asked the fundiz, they semad hizo ndio wamepewa.

To add insult to injury, moved out of site after liability period was over without issues being resolved despite numerous promises and reminders on record.

The guy is our very own MM. Most of you guys will be shocked and say I might be discrediting him lakini I know how much the shoe is pinching and how that toilet seat injured my makalioz (kulia kwa choo quite literally).

Forester
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:29:14 PM

newfarer wrote:
Forester wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yaani even putting a magic connector on the sinks was a problem. Something simple and doesn't cost much. Never seen a kitchen drainage (that silver thing) being put as the bathroom drainage. When I asked the fundiz, they semad hizo ndio wamepewa.

To add insult to injury, moved out of site after liability period was over without issues being resolved despite numerous promises and reminders on record.

The guy is our very own MM. Most of you guys will be shocked and say I might be discrediting him lakini I know how much the shoe is pinching and how that toilet seat injured my makalioz (kulia kwa choo quite literally).

mozenrat
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:35:07 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Forester wrote:

Pole for the misfortune.It will be very helpful for us if you give the name of the wazuan who shafted you.

Or at least point us to a post that has obvious clues.
dunkang
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:52:26 PM

murchr wrote:

Since tbe location of the unit nor the person's name are forthcoming, lets say, either;
i. There is nothing like that, or
ii. There is nothing lile that
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

Forester
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:12:53 PM

dunkang wrote:
murchr wrote:

Since tbe location of the unit nor the person's name are forthcoming, lets say, either;

I see what you are trying to do there.

Author of Power of Financial Education thread. That guy you guy.
actuarywahisa
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:28:12 PM

Forester pole sana. I actually think it would be better to mention the actual name because guys use pseudonames. Kama mbaya mbaya.
There are too many opportunities all around. Open your eyes and maybe you'll spot one
Ryko
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:37:40 PM

Forester wrote:
dunkang wrote:
murchr wrote:

Sijataja Mtu mimi lakini dont hurt your buddy makalio.....

am I there ama bado..

I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Lolest!
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:20:13 PM

Forester wrote:
dunkang wrote:
murchr wrote:

Marty? That was Marty

MM these days means Mugundar Men not Mwalimmoo Marti
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray