wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Container load of used CRT monitors!
Djinn
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:17:00 PM

I meant 'for a few extra thousand they can get a TFT(which hurts the eyes less)....then... ' NOT CRT

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less
Gordon Gekko
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:54:00 PM

@dijnn,CRT can't handle the games kids play. The resolution,the response times etc. Imagine PS3 (blu ray),a CRT would just burn up. Seriously though,what use are CRTs today? Ray B,I'm not putting you down but I honestly believe you have backed a wrong horse. Someone said you can convert them to TVs,yes,but at what cost (it has to be cheaper than Garissa Lodge to make sense)
Modoh
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:59:00 PM

Man,in this age n tym small & light is the way to go.sio watu wengi wana buy CRT so pray hard! My 2 cents

Even the most radical revolutionlist become conservatives the day after the revolution!!!
Msafara wa mamba burukenge hawakosi![/b]
B.Timer
#24 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 8:28:00 AM

Personally I wouldnt buy a CRT especially so,coz with 2K I could upgrade to an LCD Monitor.
However I appreciate that all people dont think the same nor have the same priorities.
Most if not all stores in down town Nairobi,CRTs abound and they are going.
In all the dailys there are ads offering both,side by side at 2K price differential or so.
This to me should mean that it is not entirely crazy to feed an existing demand for CRTs.
The priority at the moment wouldnt be to seek to find out why some fellows still go for them.
If anybody wants to conduct such a study they may go ahead.
In the interim sales are on going and the likes of @Jay lining their pockets with an honest buck.

B.timer
Dunia ni msongamano..
g3n3ral
#25 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 9:38:00 AM

@ BRAZA and all,

cpu stands for central proccessing unit which is housed inside a system unit. also found in the system unit is memory,hdd ( sata $ IDE) motherboard,data busses etc) that means you cannot use the cpu alone!
what you are talking about is the SYSTEM UNIT

JAY R,go for it!

if not,why not?
Braza
#26 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 1:45:00 PM

Business allumnis: The horse and the cart,who/what comes: Creating a demand or supplies

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.
Admin, Luckily; age will one day transform me into an Elder.
Gordon Gekko
#27 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2009 5:30:00 PM

@braza,classic argument of 'vodoo economics' - hallmarks of the Reagan and Bush Snr presidencies.