wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Container load of used CRT monitors!
Jay R
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 4:47:00 PM

With the sea cable becoming operational in a month's time,demand for comps & monitors should pick up there after. I have over 1,000 17' used flat crt monitors ready to ship. Majority of them are Samsung & LG,white in color with quite a number of gray/silver ones. Any one out there open for biz,contact me;
plpglobalinc@gmaildotcom.
when i see my purple, you see it not!
StatBoy
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 5:42:00 PM

sio kwa ubaya but what are you doing with all those crt monitors? we are supposed to be ahead of the curve here,kila mtu yuko lcd siku hizi. are these being disposed of from a western country somewhere?

Later Knuckleheads!
Jay R
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 7:45:00 AM

@ statboy. I'm selling,that's what i'm doing with them.As i know,Kenya ain't richer than UK,Egypt,Turkey or Spain.These countries combined,buy about 50,000 pieces every single month from here[S.Korea].

You don't expect everybody to go LCD,do you?

As i said,anyone interested write to me; plpglobalinc@gmaildot com and i will give you a call soonest.

When i see my purple,you see it not.
StatBoy
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:31:00 PM

i am not hating on your game,all i am saying is that i hope you are not participating in activities that have caused the formation of the Basel Convention. we all have a duty of care to our fellow countrymen in all of our dealings cause no one out there will look out for us. yes we could make good use of their outdated hardware but what happens to the time when we need to get rid of it? crt monitors contain hazardous waste. it costs companies in the west a great deal to dispose of these legitimately. it is much easier for them to sell them off 'refurbished' to third world countries.

that's all i am trying to say...

Shorty hit the brakes too late!
Jay R
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 6:14:00 PM

@ statboy, i understand and appreciate your concern. But please note that,new crt monitors are produced each day in their thousands because not everyone will go LCD for now for various reasons.The monitors i have in stock,the oldest is a 2003 make.Due to their affordability,they are preferred over the newer versions and that gives everybody a chance to own a computer set.Be it a school,youth/women groups,individuals etc,who can't afford new or other monitors. Just because they are old doesn't mean they pose higher risk. Hope you got me.

Gordon Gekko
#6 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 8:26:00 AM

CRT monitors consume a lot of electricity,they are a health hazard. The only reason they are on sale in Kenya is because they are perceived to be cheaper. Who prefers them where you are and why? These things are being phased out due to some carbon ozone thing,so please don't try to dump stuff on Kenyans
Silk
#7 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 8:26:00 AM

I share statboys opinion. I don't think you'll go far with this,in Kenya.

Life is too short.
Braza
#8 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 9:17:00 AM

Kenyans need CPUs not Monitors.....try bringing these CRTs and get the biggest shock..... You rearely find somebody going to buy a monitor....CRTs?

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.
Admin, Luckily; age will one day transform me into an Elder.
zamali
#9 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 10:57:00 AM

CRT are those 'monitors za kisogo'. I was not paying much attention...

Dont dismiss J R. These things can be converted into television sets. How much is a CRT going for J R ? Maybe we could get color TVs to more homes now...

Zama ndani ya mali
Jay R
#10 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 1:39:00 PM

@ braza,how do they use CPUs if they never buy monitors?

Just to wrap it up,i've got everything related to desktops[RAM,IDE HDDs,Graphic cards,monitors,CD-ROMs,DVD-R/writer etc].All used,in good shape and in large numbers.
Is everyone buying a PC going for LCD monitors?The elite will go for LCDs,but the masses,i doubt.The elite never go to Gikomba,but the masses do and millionaires made. I gez i'm on a road traveled by few,everything unto myself.Good and ugly.Anyway,thank you all for your input,appreciated.
B.Timer
#11 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 1:55:00 PM

Dont be discouraged too soon.
As you expect the market is quite diverse.
Every Comps store has lots of CRTs on their shelves along side the LCDs.
Whenever customers enquire for desk tops they are offered both options.
Unless and untill people in that field advise you one way or the other dont coil up yet.
As they say,die trying.

B.timer
Dunia ni msongamano..
Jay R
#12 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 2:22:00 PM

B.Timer,You've put it well. Every individual needs options.Most of the average first buyers will tend to buy cheaper stuff before they go for class.SKerians belong to another galaxy.

B.Timer
#13 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 2:58:00 PM

Jay R

Remember we are told.
' Those who think it can not be done,should not stand in the way of those who are doing it already'.
About galaxies,dont be too sure.
Ever heard of wanna be's.

B.timer
Dunia ni msongamano..
Gordon Gekko
#14 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 4:52:00 PM

'Not everyone will go LCD for various reasons' please Jay R assist me as I might be an ignorant Kenyan. What are these reasons?
Jay R
#15 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 5:23:00 PM

@ gekko,the same reasons that make Gikomba,Nyayo market,Mtindwa etc do such booming business.
@ B.Timer. Spot on,read 'state of mind' for galaxy.
bird_man
#16 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 5:52:00 PM

Jay R,

I suggest that you stop wasting time arguing with SK guys here. Come back when you have made your millions are post it here and everyone will be singing praises about you.When you have an idea most guys here are quick to analyse it and tell you all the negatives of the idea.....na wao wamekaa hivo tu!Reminds me when a while back I said I had emails to sell.....there were the usual critics.....I just laugh when I imagine how much I have made off it now.

Most Kenyans cannot afford a CPU let alone TFTs........CRT are here to stay,in the same way that not everyone can buy a plasma or LCD tv.

Hustle on!

The course of the world is changed by those who dare dream!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Gordon Gekko
#17 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 6:25:00 PM

@bird_man,I bought a pc in Dec. The option to upgrade to TFT cost ksh 2,000. When one spends 39K on a pc,an extra 2K is negligible,so the Gikomba analogy doesn't wash. I ask again,why would someone prefer a CRT monitor?
Braza
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:50:00 AM

First timers are dont buy in bits...the excitement drives them to buy the complete working PC...CPU and monitor plus the keyboards and mouse. In their second attempt they are wise enough and squeeze them pockets to get the cheapest TFTs.

My advice: Get a container load of used TFTs..the cheapest avbl.. and you are the man! Buyers would be there waiting for your landing just like in the 'movie': LANDING OF THE SEACOM,staring Obaks and Ramod.

Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago.
Admin, Luckily; age will one day transform me into an Elder.
eli
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:44:00 AM

Jay R Go! Jay R Go ! Jay R Go for it man! Don't fail before you try! Try first then fail. Fail in pracitise,not in theory!

But you shall remember the LORD your God,for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth,that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers,as it is this day. Deu 8:18
Djinn
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:16:00 PM

Braza,you got your cables in a twist - its TEAMS that landed and launched by the president - SEACOM is still adrift (pun intended) and very much at sea (very pun much intended).

CRT guy - nope! Not gonna happen. Here is why - existing telco market players are going to team up with hardware vendors (and perhaps banks) to come up with 'packages' to stimulate connectivity - such packages are likely to be really sexy packages - laptop,wifi capability,etc etc - look,we already have netbooks costing abt 20k for a brand new thing - why would anyone want to buy a 20kg CRT? oh wait,I can think of ONE reason - no thief would be able to steal more than one at a time smile

Anyhow....TFT is the way to go,if at all. I know some kids won't mind a 19' CRT esp for playing games but....if for a few extra thousand they can get a CRT (which hurts the eyes less)....then...

The problem with equality is that we desire that it be with those that have more than us rather that those that have less