wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

24 Pages<1234>»
Ken Okoth,MP Kibra..It shall be well
masukuma
#21 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 10:21:07 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
masukuma wrote:
My uncle was misdiagnosed for a very long time- ulcers the doctors said it was. I hope he gets better...

On a separate matter - I am surprised that Kenyans have not attributed this to some sort of Karma... if Ruto had the same thing - voices here would be shouting “it’s karma”... “God is punishing him” e.t.c. Now when a person who is good gets it what do we attribute it to? Our health care system... it failed... not God... not Karma... us! Perhaps we should Really see this thing for what it is...
Humans die... cancer is common since most of us are living longer... if we had a better system of health care we would have caught the cancer early (regardless of who has it..”good” or “bad”)... and also accept the fact that we cannot catch all of them (not yet)

It is human nature to speculate on causes of disease or misfortune. When I saw the news the first question that came to my mind was, has it got something to do with growing up in Kibera? The reason for this was that less than 2 years ago a prominent surgeon who had grown up in Kibera died of cancer at the prime of his life:

https://profiles.uonbi.a...di/files/march_2017.pdf

https://www.annalsofafri...nals-of-african-surgery

I wish him well.

but people from all estates in life get cancer... last year cancer was the no. 3 killer after Pneumonia and Malaria!it "beat" HIV/AIDS. Let's face it for what it is... it's a puzzle that we need to unravel - giving it explanations like "Karma" or "God's punishment" or "Mapenzi ya Mungu" neuters our will to unravel it as we already have given it an answer that can neither be validated or invalidated.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
mkenyan
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:34:44 PM

masukuma wrote:
Kusadikika wrote:
masukuma wrote:
My uncle was misdiagnosed for a very long time- ulcers the doctors said it was. I hope he gets better...

On a separate matter - I am surprised that Kenyans have not attributed this to some sort of Karma... if Ruto had the same thing - voices here would be shouting “it’s karma”... “God is punishing him” e.t.c. Now when a person who is good gets it what do we attribute it to? Our health care system... it failed... not God... not Karma... us! Perhaps we should Really see this thing for what it is...
Humans die... cancer is common since most of us are living longer... if we had a better system of health care we would have caught the cancer early (regardless of who has it..”good” or “bad”)... and also accept the fact that we cannot catch all of them (not yet)

It is human nature to speculate on causes of disease or misfortune. When I saw the news the first question that came to my mind was, has it got something to do with growing up in Kibera? The reason for this was that less than 2 years ago a prominent surgeon who had grown up in Kibera died of cancer at the prime of his life:

https://profiles.uonbi.a...di/files/march_2017.pdf

https://www.annalsofafri...nals-of-african-surgery

I wish him well.

but people from all estates in life get cancer... last year cancer was the no. 3 killer after Pneumonia and Malaria!it "beat" HIV/AIDS. Let's face it for what it is... it's a puzzle that we need to unravel - giving it explanations like "Karma" or "God's punishment" or "Mapenzi ya Mungu" neuters our will to unravel it as we already have given it an answer that can neither be validated or invalidated.

about cancer killing more than hiv/aids, is a good number of cancer cases hiv/aids related? even pneumonia while still at it. how do you place those?
tom_boy
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 2:49:41 PM

I sympathise with doctors, damned if you do and damned if you dont.

If someone goes to doctor with vague symptoms and he orders a battery of tests worth 50000, you bad mouth about doctors ordering too many test.

If someone comes with same vague symptoms and is treated as ulcers, a statistically more common cause of the symptoms than cancer in any population, and it turns out to be cancer, you crucify the doctor.

When the doctor goes on strike saying he needs better facilities to work with, better training opportunities, you vilify the poor guy.

When the doctor points out that high cost of healthcare is due to govt tax on medical equipment and drugs, cartel like behaviour of insurance companies and high cost of tests and imaging, no body listens. All you want is doctor to reduce his fee, a meagre 10% of total healhcare cost.

Majameni, mnataka daktari afanye nini!
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Tokyo
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 09, 2019 9:34:25 AM

Stage 4 of Colon cancer is really bad. I do wish Hon member family Peace at this tough moments.
work to prosper
mmarto
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:51:11 AM

masukuma wrote:

It has finally caught up with us....an in-sincere corrupt society at almost all levels is poisoning herself to a painful death.

I'll explain. My suspicion is that most of the cancer cases that we have are related to what is ingested into our body via the food we eat.

There are so many harmful chemicals being used to spray crops that are illegal in western countries. To export say french-beans into European markets farmers are told what chemicals to apply and which not to lest their produce is rejected(after subjecting to testing by the exporter). However the banned chemicals are sprayed on crops that we consume locally. Foliar feeds make especially our mbogas look nice n appetising but guess what, they look beautiful coz of those un-natural enzymes introduced when spraying. Even after spraying a farmer should wait for a stipulated period(like 4 days) before picking but my guess is as good as yours that they don't wait the stipulated period....an in-sincere society!!!. Same applies to dairy. After treatmeant a cow's milk should not be consumed like for 3 days.. It should be poured away or given to dogs. Which farmer pours away 20 litres per day for 3 or so days?

Then the issue with kupalilia shamba. We used to be manual, kupalilia with jembe but most of the wheat/maize we consume nowadays is from farms who apply herbicides to control weeds so as to lower cost of production.

I bet this is the cause of our problem period.

The other day an Ethiopian friend was asking me why there are so many cancer cases here. They do not have as many in ethiopia. So must be some problem localy here
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 5:28:57 PM

Just seen a picture of him on facebook, its looking tough for him.

Great guy this Ken Okoth, wish him all the best.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
hardwood
#27 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 11:49:36 AM

It will be well....

Angelica _ann
#28 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 12:03:41 PM

hardwood wrote:
It will be well....

Pray Pray Pray
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#29 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 12:06:12 PM

Some good news in the battle against the disease....

https://www.telegraph.co...neering-trial-suggests/

Quote:
The common cold virus could cure cancer, scientists say, as a “revolutionary” treatment was found to eradicate the disease in a week.

In the pioneering British trial, 15 patients were given an infusion of the bug, before undergoing surgery to remove and examine tumours.

In every case, cancer cells had been destroyed - and in one case, all traces of the disease had gone, the study found.

Scientists said they were “very excited” about the findings, for patients with bladder cancer, which could also bring hope to those suffering from other major forms of the disease.

They said the virus could become a “universal agent” to fight cancer, replacing conventional treatments like chemotherapy.

Scientists said they hoped the treatment could be available in as little as three years, bringing hope to thousands of patients with diseases that are currently hard-to-treat.

Most tumours in the bladder do not have immune cells, making the disease particularly hard to treat.

But the study suggests that an infusion of a strain of the common cold virus - called coxsackievirus (CVA21) - was able to inflame the tumour and cause immune cells to rush into the cancer environment, targeting and killing the cancer cells.

Scientists said once the virus targeted the cancer, it replicated itself, making its effects even more powerful.

Prof Hardev Pandha, Principal Investigator of the study and Professor of Medical Oncology at the University of Surrey, said: “We are very excited about it. The virus gets into the cancer and replicates, like a little factory of viruses. It heats up the tumour environment, and is very specific in targeting the cancer - it had the least toxicity I have seen for years.”

It comes as other trials examine the role of common cold viruses to treat a range of cancers, including breast, bowel, lung and skin diseases.

Prov Pandha said: “It’s almost like a universal agent - once it gets in it kills the cancer. It could be combined with lots of other treatments.”

He said the use of the virus could help “revolutionise” treatment for the disease.
essyk
#30 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 2:36:45 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
It will be well....

Pray Pray Pray

I want to say it shall be well,but it gets to a point of painfully accepting that time is limited and the conversations change.It saddens me to see him this thin but that's the effect of chemo.It eats and wastes once muscles,completely destroying the immune system resulting in mineral imbalances etc, there is no reverse no matter how hard we try and avoid it.Chemo is horrible!
So sorry man.God give you comfort and peace.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Hmmmn
#31 Posted : Friday, July 05, 2019 6:21:14 PM

Pole sana
Ce n’est pas si grave...
FRM2011
#32 Posted : Monday, July 08, 2019 12:03:40 PM

Ken Okoth is back in Nairobi.

He continues to inspire hope.
FundamentAli
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:12:05 AM

Finally State House has spoken on Ken Okoth

See link below

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/...e-for-kibra-mp-ken-okoth
Shak
#34 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 1:56:49 PM

In ICU
Njunge
#35 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 2:02:25 PM

Shak wrote:
In ICU

We can only pray and hope. Pray. Such a nice guy. Pray
washiku
#36 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:01:25 PM

murchr
#37 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:04:16 PM

He lived a noble life, may he Rest in Peace
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#38 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:04:34 PM

washiku wrote:
RIP

So sad!!!!Such a lovely guy.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Njunge
#39 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:07:43 PM

No words. I am just sad.
Kusadikika
#40 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 5:10:26 PM

He fought a good fight, He has finished his course, He kept the faith.

It was an honor to hear of him and know all the good work that he did. RIP good man.